Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Eleven

I'd like to remind Ralph that this is the 1950s and there aren't any poison testing machines.

I'd like to remind Maxwell that there were indeed poison testing machines in the 1950s, they were just a lot more complicated than modern day.

I'd like to remind Maxwell that there were indeed poison testing machines in the 1950s, they were just a lot more complicated than modern day.

Okay then.

I'd like to try my hardest not to blush.

I'll investigate the maps in the trash before coming down to see Stevie's secret room. I'd like to know what they are maps of and look for any handwriting on them.

I'd like to shove Stevie out of the way, tell him he's seak, and push the wall down.

Maxwell shoves Stevie away.

"You're a seak (????)." He says.

Stevie gets up and pushes down the wall anyway, because he made the discovery. Opening the false wall, that is in the cargo area, reveals a secret cargo room, with a few crates and boxes.

Have some patience Maxwell, no need to push a kid to the floor to push open that false wall he's been looking for for five months for eleven chapters for a few days. Relax.

Does anyone in town have the equipment to test for poison? Or am I wasting my time? If I'm not wasting my time and someone does have the equipment to test for poison, I'd like to take a bottle home and clearly mark it "DO NOT DRINK".

The hospital might, but it's doubted. Ralph marks it "DO NOT DRINK" and takes it home for later.

Congrats for your find, Stevie. Finally. :tongue:

Before following the others into the secret room, I'd like to check, if the trashed compass works and if there's any boomark in the book, flip up a random page, read, shake it, look at the cover, the language it's written in, the writer, and if there are any marks on or in the book. Typical book stuff. And I'd like to ask Frankie if he knows why someone would put a book and a compass into the trash?

The compass does work. There's no bookmark inside the book. Krista opens to a random page, it's filled with text on the Sound. Krista then shakes the book. Then she looks at the language it's written in, which is English. The writer is Jack Nichols. There are no marks on or in the book.

"That's not the trash, that's a bin against the wall for storage." Frankie says.

Okay then.

I'd like to try my hardest not to blush.

Maxwell blushes anyway.

I'll investigate the maps in the trash before coming down to see Stevie's secret room. I'd like to know what they are maps of and look for any handwriting on them.

Again, those maps are not in the trash. It is a storage bin, not a garbage bin. The maps are charts of the northern eastern seaboard, from North Carolina to Maine. There is writing on them in some parts, but it's mostly trivial notes, such as "Shallow Area" or "Rocks".

I'd like to help open crates.

I uh... would like to help helping opening the crates.

What's this Frankie? Were you guys smuggling up and down the coast or what?

If there are any boxes or crates not being opened, I will open one. Otherwise, I'll just peek over someone's shoulder to see what is inside.

Are the boxes and crates in the secret area marked in any way?

*cough* :wink: *cough*

Without proper knowledge of engineering and mechanics, it's impossible for you, a lawyer, to check the damage to the engines. However, the engine room has scorch marks scattered about, and the actual engine has scorch marks as well.

I'd like to start opening crates and inspecting their contents

I'd like to help open crates.

I uh... would like to help helping opening the crates.

What's this Frankie? Were you guys smuggling up and down the coast or what?

Gloria, Ralph, and Farmer Alan start opening crates. They are filled with valuable items, jewelry from famous designers, as well as other expensive items. There's another manifest tacked to the top of one of the crates.

I'd like to find the largest crate and open it.

Maxwell opens the largest crate. It is also filled with boxes of jewelry, clothing, and other items.

If there are any boxes or crates not being opened, I will open one. Otherwise, I'll just peek over someone's shoulder to see what is inside.

Are the boxes and crates in the secret area marked in any way?

They have certain markings from the specific companies that they originate from, but other than that, no.

There's another manifest tacked to the top of one of the crates.

I would like to read this manifest out loud.

I'd like to use the moment everyone's listening to Simmons and enpocket a preferable valuable jewelry, looking around suspiciously. Then Id like to listen to Simmons attentively. :grin:

Does anyone have knowledge of mechanics?

I took a small course on mechanics, I can try and give it a look.

Without proper knowledge of engineering and mechanics, it's impossible for you, a lawyer, to check the damage to the engines. However, the engine room has scorch marks scattered about, and the actual engine has scorch marks as well.

I'd like to call Frankie over to assess the damage. And Farmer Simmons and Farmer Halle, too; they may have worked with machines on their farm.

Hmmm...

I'd like to tap on the walls of the sides of the secret room to see if there are anymore fake walls.

Way to steal a guy's job. Now how am I gonna get paid? I am getting paid for this right?

I'd like to 'assist' in searching for more walls and rooms, then secretly take a valuable.

There shall be no taking of valuables from this boat.

I would like to kindly ask everyone who stole something to return it where they found it!

I would like to go to the stern of the boat and look for anything out of ordinary.

I would like to ask frankie if the boat has ever been in an "accident" or anything similar and if he knew the secret room existed.

I would like to read this manifest out loud.

Farmer Alan picks up the Manifest:

SHIP: Lakota

COMPANY: United Shipping Co.

WARNING: Contents of Boxes are to be kept hidden during transatlantic journey's.

Two Crates of Assorted Jewelry

Two Crates of Dresses and other items similar

One Crate of Artifacts for the Museum of Natural History

One Crate of Assorted China

One Crate of Diamonds

I'd like to use the moment everyone's listening to Simmons and enpocket a preferable valuable jewelry, looking around suspiciously. Then Id like to listen to Simmons attentively. :grin:

I took a small course on mechanics, I can try and give it a look.

"I'm not sure if you have the skills to look into a complicated ship engine." Patrick says.

Hmmm...

I'd like to tap on the walls of the sides of the secret room to see if there are anymore fake walls.

There's no other fake walls.

I'd like to call Frankie over to assess the damage. And Farmer Simmons and Farmer Halle, too; they may have worked with machines on their farm.

Patrick calls them over. They'll have to come over via their own actions, however.

Way to steal a guy's job. Now how am I gonna get paid? I am getting paid for this right?

I'd like to 'assist' in searching for more walls and rooms, then secretly take a valuable.

Stevie pockets some diamonds for his girlfriends.

There shall be no taking of valuables from this boat.

I would like to kindly ask everyone who stole something to return it where they found it!

I would like to go to the stern of the boat and look for anything out of ordinary.

I would like to ask frankie if the boat has ever been in an "accident" or anything similar and if he knew the secret room existed.

"Return everything!" Officer Harrison says kindly, yet forcefully.

The stern of the ship has the engine room, Captain Harding's Cabin, and the Bridge. Which would you like to search first?

"To my knowledge there's been no accidents." Frankie says. "But, I did know of the secret room, of course."

Since Officer Harrison is already headed toward Captain Harding's quarters, I'd like to look into Frankie Keen's quarters. Description, please.

Two Crates of Assorted Jewelry

Two Crates of Dresses and other items similar

One Crate of Artifacts for the Museum of Natural History

One Crate of Assorted China

One Crate of Diamonds

Are all the 5 crates left on the manifest accounted for in this room?

"To my knowledge there's been no accidents." Frankie says. "But, I did know of the secret room, of course."

So, who were you delivering these crates to in Alabatha? A crateful of diamonds?!

Patrick calls them over. They'll have to come over via their own actions, however.

The stern of the ship has the engine room, Captain Harding's Cabin, and the Bridge. Which would you like to search first?

I'll go and give a hand to Patrick in the engine room.

Sign in to follow this