Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Eleven

Yeah, cause he was so close to getting me... :hmpf:

The voice in the sky said 'James Falzone blocked his path,' so he would've cut you down like a knife through melted butter.

I feel kind of bad for shooting and pistol-whipping him now. :sceptic:I'd like to make sure everyone we've assumed dead so far is IS ACTUALLY DEAD.

"Everyone else is dead." Garrison says. "Lloyd was the only body we didn't have accounted for."

How're you gonna do that, shoot them all again to make sure? Why are you the police chief? Maybe if he wasn't shot and then pistol whipped, he coulda actually given us info to use. Or was was it your intention to prevent that?

I'd like look around the part of the dock where we first spotted the doctor to see what he was doing before we chased him down. I'd also like to use my knowledge of the docks to determine if anything looks out of place.

There's a few crates and boxes from the Lakota, as it started to unload her cargo, but then the crew went to the town fountain t to see why there wasn't anyone working.

Since we are here, I think the first thing we need to do is recover the Lakota's ship manifest. The captain's log should be helpful, too.

I don't really feel like verifying every crate on board (especially since that would take forever), but checking the contents of the first few crates here on the dock against the manifest should be a good check.

I'm wondering how James blocked the Doctor's escaping path, although he was surrounded by two walls, some boxes and the doctor?

And why the hell didn't you check for his vital signs? You had a nurse with you back then, hadn't you? And I guess, as former soldiers you ought know if someone's dead. :hmpf:

And I'd like to know which accessable cabins or rooms the Lakota has.

And I know all but nothing about ships, but can you navigate one with only three people? *huh*

"Lloyd was the only body we didn't have accounted for."

No one thought a missing body was information that needed to be told to us? Your men are doin' a great job, Garrison.

I'd like to open a few of the crates on the docks and check their contents.

I would like to urge everyone to be very careful. Someone blew up the engines and I don't know if that damaged any of the ship's struture. Also, there are heavy crates everywhere and I don't know if the blast damaged any of the cables holding the crates.

Since we are here, I think the first thing we need to do is recover the Lakota's ship manifest. The captain's log should be helpful, too.

I don't really feel like verifying every crate on board (especially since that would take forever), but checking the contents of the first few crates here on the dock against the manifest should be a good check.

img_0569.jpg

"Here, I got the ship manifest, as well as the Captain's Log." Frankie says.

Which would you like to open first?

I'm wondering how James blocked the Doctor's escaping path, although he was surrounded by two walls, some boxes and the doctor?

And why the hell didn't you check for his vital signs? You had a nurse with you back then, hadn't you? And I guess, as former soldiers you ought know if someone's dead. :hmpf:

And I'd like to know which accessable cabins or rooms the Lakota has.

And I know all but nothing about ships, but can you navigate one with only three people? *huh*

There's the bridge, the Captain's Cabin, the galley, the Engine Room, the crew quarters, and the rest is storage rooms.

"We were just making a quick trip across the bay, or so we thought." Frankie says. "The rest of the crew is back at port, probably wondering what's taking us so long."

No one thought a missing body was information that needed to be told to us? Your men are doin' a great job, Garrison.

I'd like to open a few of the crates on the docks and check their contents.

img_0570.jpg

James looks through the crates. There's an oil canteen, a few boxes of overseas foods and luxury items, and there's also a locked crate.

I would like to remind everyone that none of this is your property so lets not destroy anything. I hate to sound mean but I don't think the Captain would like to see the cargo he has been entrusted with destroyed.

I would like to board the Lakota

"Here, I got the ship manifest, as well as the Captain's Log." Frankie says.

Which would you like to open first?

Let's have a look at the Captain's Log for this trip.

James looks through the crates. There's an oil canteen, a few boxes of overseas foods and luxury items, and there's also a locked crate.

Gloria you had a few tools, could you please help prying open this box?

I would like to remind everyone that none of this is your property so lets not destroy anything. I hate to sound mean but I don't think the Captain would like to see the cargo he has been entrusted with destroyed.

The Captain is dead and we'll all join him if our investigation is not thorough. Are you valuing this cargo more than your own life?

Besides we're not trying to destroy anything, we're just having a look.

Gloria you had a few tools, could you please help prying open this box?

It shall be done

I would like to use my tools to open the crate.

I would like to board the Lakota

Frankie boards the Lakota.

It shall be done

I would like to use my tools to open the crate.

Gloria hits the lock with the hammer, but she's not strong enough to break the lock.

I'd like to read the shipping manifest.

Chief Fields picks up the shipping manifest.

Captain: Ted Harding

Delivery Date: October 7th, 1952

Cargo:

6 Crates of: Radio Sets

5 Crates of: Books and Novels

5 Crates of: Luxury Soaps and Washroom Items

5 Crates of: Overseas Foods (Refrigerated)

4 Crates of: Calenders

3 Crates of: Paper

2 Crates of: French Wine

2 Crates of: Oil Canteens

1 Crate of: Socks

1 Crate of: Ammonium Nitrate

Let's have a look at the Captain's Log for this trip.

I'd like to read the log, checking for any mentions of communists, Alabatha, or anything unusual.

James and Alan open the Log:

Captain's Log, Oceandate 10-6-52

We've begun our journey across the bay, I told my friend Mr. White at the hotel I'd be there. I haven't seen him in a month. I expect a quick unloading, and then I'll be able to spend the night in Alabatha, and return home the next day. Frankie's preparing one of his meals again with the food we picked up from Manhattan Harbor. All in all, I don't expect any danger.

Captain's Log, Oceandate 10-7-52

I can see Alabatha out in the distance, but the lighthouse isn't working. Most peculiar, but perhaps there's been a bulb malfunction or something. I estimate we'll arrive in an hour or so. I'll write more later.

Captain's Log, Oceandate 10-9-52

We're stuck here in Alabatha. They've broken my boat. They've killed my wife. Today we voted off that police chief, I don't even know him. That stupid brat Stevie should have been voted off. I'm going to retire for the night.

There are no further entries.

Cargo:

6 Crates of: Radio Sets

5 Crates of: Books and Novels

5 Crates of: Luxury Soaps and Washroom Items

5 Crates of: Overseas Foods (Refrigerated)

4 Crates of: Calenders

3 Crates of: Paper

2 Crates of: French Wine

2 Crates of: Oil Canteens

1 Crate of: Socks

1 Crate of: Ammonium Nitrate

So what would warrant a locked crate? The ammonium nitrate certainly, it's used in explosives -- remember the Texas City Disaster a few years back? Is there any connection between the crate and the explosion of the Lakota?

Are there any markings on the locked crate?

Gloria hits the lock with the hammer, but she's not strong enough to break the lock.

I'd like to have a try.

So what would warrant a locked crate? The ammonium nitrate certainly, it's used in explosives -- remember the Texas City Disaster a few years back? Is there any connection between the crate and the explosion of the Lakota?

Are there any markings on the locked crate?

I'd like to have a try.

There's a label marked: "DANGER".

Farmer Alan swings the hammer down hard, and the lock breaks. There is indeed a few bags of ammonium nitrate in there.

Whoo, watch how hard you swing there Alan, don't want to go up in flames, do we?

Does it look like any bags were taken out?

Does it look like any bags were taken out?

No, the bags are stacked up to the top.

Farmer Alan swings the hammer down hard, and the lock breaks. There is indeed a few bags of ammonium nitrate in there.

I would like to make sure that there is nothing but nitrate in this crate. Perhaps carefully remove the bags one by one until the box is empty, then replace them in the crate.

Whoo, watch how hard you swing there Alan, don't want to go up in flames, do we?

Uh sorry! :blush:

There's the bridge, the Captain's Cabin, the galley, the Engine Room, the crew quarters, and the rest is storage rooms.

When I'm finished with the crate, I would like to start the visit of the ship with the crew quarters.

I'd like to enter the ship, and do a quick search of what objects are on the boat.

I'd like to enter the ship, and do a quick search of what objects are on the boat.

Excuse me, not on the boat but what objects are on the top deck.

I would like to make sure that there is nothing but nitrate in this crate. Perhaps carefully remove the bags one by one until the box is empty, then replace them in the crate.

When I'm finished with the crate, I would like to start the visit of the ship with the crew quarters.

There's nothing else in the crate but the ammonium nitrate.

I would like to suggest we start in the Command Bridge.

There's one vote for the crew quarters, and one vote for the bridge.

Excuse me, not on the boat but what objects are on the top deck.

There's a few crates, a net holding down some more objects, a harpoon, a barrel full of seawater, a fishing net, and a life ring.

There's a few crates, a net holding down some more objects, a harpoon, a barrel full of seawater, a fishing net, and a life ring.

I'd like to open these crates, check what the net's holding down, and open the barrel of seawater, serching for potentially important objects.

I'd like to open these crates, check what the net's holding down, and open the barrel of seawater, serching for potentially important objects.

I'll get off my lazy megablocks, and help Fields.

After Fields is done searching, I'd like to go to the bridge.

Sign in to follow this