Sign in to follow this  
Peter de Yeule

Imperial Trading Post

First off - welcome to Eurobricks!

Second - what a sweet redesign of this legendary set! I've always loved the Imperial Trading Post and was recently debating whether to finally buy this set or build a "proper" one - like you have done here. I think I'll also go for the MOCcing solution... :pir-classic:

Welcome Peter! :pir-classic:

You've made a really nice MOC there. The colors really pop, and the addition of more greenery certainly enhances the overall look. I wish TLG would add a few more plants to their sets. The only suggestion I have for improvement would be to add some more interest to the water. Maybe some white tiles or plates to look like waves, and you could add some blue plates to raise the water level in certain areas.

Thanks for showing us this, I look forward to seeing some more MOCs from you. :thumbup:

Welcome to eurobricks Peter, glad you took my advice and joined :pir-classic:

Like I said on flickr, this is a great take on a classic set. I like the addition of a horse and cart as it gives a morking 'working' feel to it. Also the white and red tower looks nice and you've done well by building it on a stone jetty structure, as a lot of people have built big stone buildings on a wooden jetty, which just looks wrong.

Great work, look forward to seeing more of your creations.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I love it, as said the greenery really makes it look more believable if only TLG had your passion.

I also updated your post with a full size picture from your mocpages, it looks so good I figured it should be full sized here. :pir-sweet:

I assume this one is for the JR II contest on Forbidden Cove? Well designed and worthy of being blogged! The boat is quite cleverly designed, but also looks a bit too cartoonish for my taste. It's also a little irritating it flies a bluecoat flag while being in a redcoat port. The plant covered rock is the best part IMO!

Welcome to Euro Bricks! I really like your MOC. The boat looks great and the colors look really clean and sharp together.

It's also a little irritating it flies a bluecoat flag while being in a redcoat port.

Even in times of war opposing armies often traded goods. Of course only a red coat would be dumb enough to allow the enemy into their port :pir_laugh2:

Welcome, and what manner of a first post, fantastic MOC the colors blend alltogether and give a peaceful harmony.

I like your MOC, and i like even more the interaction of the pirates(as a use for the crew) and not as enemies. :thumbup:

I like the small ship and the small cliff over there. I cant add anything wich has been already sayed. Great work whit this and well deserved blogging. :thumbup:

Captain Becker

That is one spectacular harbor, and a great way to introduce yourself. :pir-grin:

Welcome aboard!

Of course only a red coat would be dumb enough to allow the enemy into their port :pir_laugh2:

Lol. Agreed! :pir_laugh2:

Oh yea, and if you weren't aware of it Peter, we have a regular tournament in which members ally with either the lousy Redcoat side, or the super-awesome Bluecoat side.

Sometimes tensions rise, and you may see comments like this from time to time. :pir-devil:

Hey Peter!!!

Well done, that is truly amazing for a first moc. I look forward to seeing your next moc which will most likely, be as good as this. The detail is very decent, although I dont quite agree with the random sticking out brick patterns on the tower. Anyway, welcome to Eurobricks! :pir-laugh:

Welcome to Eurobricks! That's a nice MOC you're sharing with us.

The plants indeed make it look realistic, and they make it look like a tropical or spanish port or something like that.

I also like the crane design, and all the busy people also make this MOC more interesting. Well done.

I really like the look and feel of this MOC!It still has the feel of the original but so much more detail!

The Imperial Trading Post was one of my favorite sets of my childhood and this has brought back the memories of what i imagined it to be! Hats off to you sir!

checking the date, this is an old topic, nevertheless, It´s hard to remember such fine MOC (there is a lot here)

It´s nice have the chance to see it again on the top of the posts

checking the date, this is an old topic, nevertheless, It´s hard to remember such fine MOC (there is a lot here)

It´s nice have the chance to see it again on the top of the posts

I agree, as much as we try to discourage old topic bumping without adding something new to the conversation, the by product is always the fact that newer members get to see some great old MOC's.