Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa - Day One

day1.jpg

Isla Paradisa. A recluse tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific. The only settlement on the island is the Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort, founded by a man known simply as Mr. Crusoe. It is a single vacationer’s dream, a paradise cut off from the rest of the world, where you can concentrate on experiencing the thrills of a true holiday romance.

dayone1.jpg

The only connection to the rest of the world is a ferry that arrives every two weeks to switch out the visitors to new love-seekers. The guests stay at luxurious private bungalows scattered along the beach.

dayone2.jpg

The guests are taken care of by a highly talented staff hand-picked by Mr. Crusoe himself. The head of the staff and the hostess of the island is the lovely Sunday, Mr. Crusoe's mistress. The staff hold their base at the Magnolia Lodge that also includes a restaurant and a pool area for the guests.

dayone3.jpg

Mr. Crusoe himself is an elusive man, rarely seen by the visitors. He prefers the privacy of his rooftop office that has a view over the entire island. His office holds a collection of invaluable ancient artefacts from all around the world.

dayone4.jpg

The question that nobody dares to ask is how Mr. Crusoe came to possess such treasures. That is a secret only Mr. Crusoe knows, since he is careful not to let any nosey reporters set even a foot on Isla Paradisa. His past and true identity is a complete mystery.

But in a twist of fate, that mystery is unraveled in the most horrible of ways.

dayone5.jpg

A fresh batch of vacationers had just arrived on Isla Paradisa. They spent their first day getting accomodated and relaxing each in their own way. Some basked in the sun, some went for a swim, some went surfing, some exercised, and some enjoyed a free drink or two. Or twenty.

dayone6.jpg

It was an uneventful day, and everybody went to bed early to recover from the long trip. At the dead of the night, a chilling breeze swept across the island, and people tossed and turned in their beds. It was an omen of what was yet to come.

dayone7.jpg

Mr. Crusoe woke up the following day only to find the other side of the bed empty and his lover Sunday gone. He figured she had just went down to make some coffee for them. He then went over to the great window to gaze at the island that had been his home for the past ten years.

dayone8.jpg

And that is when the dream turned into a nightmare.

dayone9.jpg

The staff gathered to the pool of the Magnolia Lodge where Mr. Crusoe wept in front of the corpse of his lover, Sunday. She had been skewered into a palm tree with a spear. There was a note hanging from the body.

dayone10.jpg

Soon the guests arrived to the Magnolia Lodge for a breakfast, and they became witnesses of the tragedy as well. Fear and panic struck the crowd as they discussed the horrendous murder. Had anybody seen anything? Was there somebody else on this island? Or was the killer hiding among them?

dayone11.jpg

Mr. Crusoe's despair had turned into anger. He demanded everyone's attention and waved the note left on his lover's corpse in front of them.

"To the one calling himself Mr. Crusoe.

My men will kill a person every night until you return what you stole.

- An Old Friend"

The furious Mr. Crusoe demanded to know which one of them did this. He said he would not give into threats, and that he would weed out every last killer even if it meant that innocents would die in the process. Before stomping back inside the lodge, he said he would speak to all of them again at noon, once he had gotten some time to think.

The confused and panicked crowd were left on the yard to go over the situation.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the
Town
or the
Mafia
. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format;
Vote: Character (Player)
. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format;
Unvote: Character (Player)
. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

The Cast:

ava-claudia.jpgClaudia Toscana, the Lifeguard (Captain Tamamono)

ava-danielle.jpgDanielle Barrie, the Janitor (Dan the Brickman)

ava-dreo.jpgDreo Jacmel, the Bartender (dr jones)

ava-geert.jpgGeert Rotterdam, the Personal Trainer (Gregorovich)

ava-raquel.jpgRaquel Benito Juarez, the Maid (Raven Brickroft)

ava-ravi.jpgRavi Bombay, the Chef (RvB)

ava-bridget.jpgBridget Darwin (Brickdoctor)

ava-casey.jpgCasey Roswell (Capt. Redblade)

ava-colette.jpgColette LeMans (KielDaMan)

ava-cruz.jpgCruz Fortaleza (CommanderFox)

ava-erin.jpgErin Ennis (Euvor)

ava-keith.jpgKeith Worthing (KartoffelViking)

ava-kylan.jpgKylan Ise (Cutlass Iz)

ava-panda.jpgPanda Panjin (Pandora)

ava-siegmund.jpgSiegmund Freiburg (smittyfan)

ava-vanya.jpgVanya Livny (Baylego)

~*~*~*~*~*~

The first Mafia School game begins now. You can discuss the opening of the day as the character you are playing. All questions and out-of-character posts should be posted to the Confirmation & Discussion topic.

The voting starts 24 hours from now. There are 16 players in the game, so it takes 9 votes to convict someone.

What horror! And here I thought this would be a peaceful vacation.

What's for breakfast, chef?

This is dreadful! *oh2* Our beautiful idyll has been violated, and my dream holiday to find true love looks to be turning into a terrifying ordeal, with poor Mr Crusoe's true love cruelly skewered to a palm tree. :cry_sad:

Plus, there's blood in the pool... :hmpf_bad:

*oh2* How could this happen? I signed on for this job because it would be relaxing and fun, but now someone has killed Sunday! :cry_sad: She was so cool, too... :cry_sad:

What horror! And here I thought this would be a peaceful vacation.

What's for breakfast, chef?

What do you want? Why are a lot people smiling? Edited by RvB

What do you want?

Ravi, don't you even care that Sunday died, or that we're in danger?

If we don't convict this "old friend" of Mr. Crusoe's and his men, they might start to kill us! :cry_sad:

Anyways, why are you smiling? :wacko:

Ravi, don't you even care that Sunday died, or that we're in danger?

If we don't convict this "old friend" of Mr. Crusoe's and his men, they might start to kill us! :cry_sad:

Anyways, why are you smiling? :wacko:

I am sad. :cry_sad: Wait your smiling to! Edited by RvB

I am sad. :cry_sad: Wait your smiling to!

Wow... I am... :wacko: Gah! My face is frozen like this! I can't fix my hair! I can't clap my hands!

Being a LEGO person sucks sometimes. :tongue:

*oh2* I was looking forward to this vacation, (even if there is no Wi-Fi). Why did someone ruin it? :cry_sad:

*oh2* I was looking forward to this vacation, (even if there is no Wi-Fi). Why did someone ruin it? :cry_sad:

Evidently they want something we have. They are ruining my rest and relaxation! :angry:
This post has been edited by RvB: Today, 04:29 PM
This post has been edited by RvB: Today, 04:32 PM
And just what are you doing, sir? :look:

Sunday is dead! I thought this vacation would take me away from life and give me a chance for romance, but I have just witnessed a murder! Whoever could have done this has something coming their way, I am sure of it. I just lost my appetite, breakfast is the last thing on my mind right now.

This is awful! Not only is somebody dead, but I bet they'll confiscate my baseball stuff. :cry_sad:

Edited by Capt. Redblade

This post has been edited by RvB: Today, 03:32 PM

*oh2*

Sunday is dead! I thought this vacation would take me away from life and give me a chance for romance, but I have just witnessed a murder! Whoever could have done this has something coming their way, I am sure of it. I just lost my appetite, breakfast is the last thing on my mind right now.

Wait, you say that you've witnessed the murder of Sunday, yet the murder happened in the middle of the night... :look: How could you have witnessed it then? Is there something you're not telling us?

This post has been edited by Capt. Redblade: Today, 04:02 PM

Megablocks, people are editing the space-time continuum left and right these days... :wacko:

Wait, you say that you've witnessed the murder of Sunday, yet the murder happened in the middle of the night... :look: How could you have witnessed it then? Is there something you're not telling us?

It's entirely possible she meant that she had seen the body, which we all did.

It's entirely possible she meant that she had seen the body, which we all did.

I suppose that could be it, but that's all we have to go on so far... Besides, why are you defending someone who slipped up this early in the game? :wacko: That's kind of scummy if you ask me... :look:

Sorry if I'm coming off as accusing, or if I annoyed anyone today or yesterday when you all arrived, this is just such a stressful time! :cry_sad:

A vacation turned into a disazter! :cry_sad: Now out two-week stay here iz ruined with this unfortunate murder. We need to identify ze killer immediately before we get victimized ourselves.

Megablocks, people are editing the space-time continuum left and right these days... :wacko:

I was here before Mr. Roswell changed his mind about what he was going to say; he originally said something about no baseball game on the other side of the island. Nothing unusual to me in that statement.

On the other hand, I do have some information. While we were speaking in private yesterday, one of the people asked me if we should form an alliance. I rejected that idea based on the fact that I can't trust anyone right now, and the other responded by saying, "Good thinking." To me, an alliance would be an extremely risky move at this point in the vacation. Seeing as none of us knew until this morning that anything was amiss and thus would not have done anything in the Night other than sleep, the only way someone at this point could know someone else was innocent is if he was guilty. This person has also changed what he had previously said multiple times.

But before I jump to conclusions, it's only fair that we should give the person in question time to defend himself. So, Mr. Bombay, why would you want to ally yourself with someone when you shouldn't know whether they're innocent, and why do you keep changing your statements?

I felt my initial statement was a bit clunky and poorly-worded, which was the reason for my edit.

...but I bet they'll confiscate my baseball stuff. :cry_sad:

Afraid to lose your baseball bat? Which we all know can be used for violent acts? Hmmm... :sceptic:

I felt my initial statement was a bit clunky and poorly-worded, which was the reason for my edit.

Oh, that's okay. But how did you get a time machine to change what you said in the first place? :grin::tongue:

I was here before Mr. Roswell changed his mind about what he was going to say; he originally said something about no baseball game on the other side of the island. Nothing unusual to me in that statement.

On the other hand, I do have some information. While we were speaking in private yesterday, one of the people asked me if we should form an alliance. I rejected that idea based on the fact that I can't trust anyone right now, and the other responded by saying, "Good thinking." To me, an alliance would be an extremely risky move at this point in the vacation. Seeing as none of us knew until this morning that anything was amiss and thus would not have done anything in the Night other than sleep, the only way someone at this point could know someone else was innocent is if he was guilty. This person has also changed what he had previously said multiple times.

You had a private talk with Mr. Roswell the day before this murder happened? Mr. Roswell talking about alliances? Alliances for what on a vacation? And Mr. Roswell constantly retracting his statements? Not to add his fear of losing his beloved baseball bat? Sounds scummy to me...

What I meant by what I said is that I saw the dead body of Sunday this morning, I did not witness the actual murder. I was in bed just like the rest if us were.

Oh great! It not as if i have enough chores to do already, but now I have to clean up a bloody pool too? I knew working here wasnt a good idea. :hmpf_bad:

Poor Miss Sunday too. :cry_sad: Every time she visits she was always so nice, and she was always neat and tidy too. I never had to fix stuff for her, or clean up after her. (She was my favorite guest)

You had a private talk with Mr. Roswell the day before this murder happened? Mr. Roswell talking about alliances? Alliances for what on a vacation? And Mr. Roswell constantly retracting his statements? Not to add his fear of losing his beloved baseball bat? Sounds scummy to me...

She said Mr. Bombay, not Mr. Roswell. :hmpf: She said she was here before he edited his post. :hmpf:

She even bolded the name, how could you miss that? Maybe you're scum... :look:

No, with Mr. Bombay. He too has changed his statements.

Mr. Roswell is a baseball player, so he would value his bats. And as I have said, Mr. Roswell originally said that the murder meant no baseball game on the other side of the island.