WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8804 LEGO Minifigures Series 4

On a scale of 1 to 5   

304 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 4?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Which method will you approach when you buy individual Series 4 packet?

• Dotted guide
    • Touch and feel
    • Random selection based on luck
    • Hi-tech device such as scientific weighing machine and x-ray vision
    • Others
  4. 4. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

Outstanding, as usual, WhiteFang! :cry_happy::thumbup:

You never fail to amaze me with your trully brilliant reviews. Actually I suppose that this wave will perhaps become the most useful one, for me at least. And I just loved your Batman referense! :wub:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Excelent Review WhiteFang ! These are fantastic ! :cry_happy:

The Kimono/Asian Woman is just adorable :wub: And an absolute must get !

The Ice Skater is also a fantastic Minifigure in my opinion. The Hair is amazing and personnaly, I'd love to see it on my Custom Harry Potter , Rita Skeeter Custom Minifigure :classic:

Defenatly the best series so far :thumbup:

Unfortunatly, They don't sell them down here in France ! Which means I'll have to surf on Bricklink to pick some of them ! :tongue:

I agree with JipponThat crzay doctor is cool, a shame it beeing in such a limited edition...

Thanks for the great review Whitefang! I just love #13, the hazmat guy... (hmmm... 13 is also my favorite, lucky number :laugh: )

Thank you so much guys for your comments! :sweet:

I wonder when we'll see a sporting goods store as a modular eh ?

I supposed one who are into modular building could easily build up a modular retail sports store since we have many new sports equipment element.

WhiteFang, not sure who is your favourites in each series so far? Do you mind share?

Mine are Caveman/Spartan/Rapper/(Mad Scientist/Soccer Player/Musketeers, I can't decide until see the real minifigs).

That's a tricky question and I strongly believe my list is a little long. Oh well, here goes. :tongue:

For mine Series 1 and 2, the Cheerleader, Caveman, Clown, Zombie, Forestman, Nurse, Ninja and Spartan are my favourite. Whereas for Series 3 and 4, the Samurai, Elf, Musketeer, Viking are mine current hot favourites which are top of my listing. :wub:

I feel a strong urge to put together a team of hazmat guys for the hazmat van (which I need to build first, of course).

Looking forward to see yours and others who are keen to build some bio-hazard related MOCs too.

I also strongly believe that the musketeer will, like the spartan and elf, be hoarded and resold at a higher price which I very much dislike.

I got a very bad feeling about this... :cry_sad:

And I just loved your Batman reference! :wub:

It was made possible with your inspiration. :wink:

Is the Hazmat Guy's visor removable, or is it attached more-or-less permanently?

The Hazmat guy is definitely my favortite. I've already got a WIP MOC for him. Of course I'm going to be getting all of the girls from this series. And that new surfer is just :wub: And my other favorite is the rocker. Love that new hair piece and that guitar! Oh and the missing minifigure is the Explorer!

Great review WhiteFang, thanks a lot. Can't wait to get my hands on those minifigs..

SO DUMB! WHy only 2 complete sets!?!?

This is probably already mentioned/known but in the review it says its the only series thus far to only produce 2 full sets, well series 3 fisherman also only had 2 per box but later they moved it to 4 fisherman and I think they changed the number of aliens to 3. Hopefully they do the same with this series, I would like to buy a box but not looking forward to getting just 2 sets...

Lego is happy to produce zillions of new moulds and sell them for £2...but when it's an actual set that suddenly changes!

Well, sure, because "actual" sets (the minifigures are technically sets too, of course) usually have a lot more than five or ten pieces for £2 (or $3, or whatever).

I am in love with this series. It is the first one where I LOVE every figure. I will definitely be buying a ton of blind packs without feeling them because I want them all anyway :laugh:

Thanks for the thorough review! :classic:

-Derek

Well that was really surprising... the Scientist being the least common figure! My initial prediction was the Viking or the Hazmat guy. On the other hand, the Artists being four to a box is excellent news.

Now that I've seen close-up pictures of all the figures, they all look very attractive. I have to agree that this is the best series so far, and I might even get multiples of both skaters because they look great. Maybe, just maybe, I might be swayed on the werewolves.

The suspense is very, very uncomfortable.

Thank you for the fantastic review. Great close-ups of all of the figs.

Too bad about the figure distribution. Once again the army builder figs are the least frequently represented. Atleast the hazmat has 4 figures and the sailor has 5.

I would imagine anyone with access to bricklink will be able to get most of these figs below market value pretty quickly. The mad scientist might be expensive for a month or so but his price will settle down. The musketeer will most likely be the price driving figure.

Thanks for your comments. :sweet:

Is the Hazmat Guy's visor removable, or is it attached more-or-less permanently?

Nope, it can't be removed. I never use brute force though.

Oh and the missing minifigure is the Explorer!

Another winner. Didn't you spot the other missing minifigure inside Series 3? :laugh:

Is the Viking's 3L bar Dark Brown, or Black?

I need to re-look at the actual part. Will update you later.

What about the secret code to identify the minifigures?

At the moment, I am not sure if I am ready to look through the dotted codes. I will see what I can do about it.

Quote from the LEGO Series 4 website:

CRAZY SCIENTIST

"... He's still looking for just the right creepy assistant, but he's sure that one will answer his ad soon. .."

Could thib be a hint to a hunchback assistant? :grin:

It would be nice to see

a bit like the old one

Quote from the LEGO Series 4 website:

CRAZY SCIENTIST

"... He's still looking for just the right creepy assistant, but he's sure that one will answer his ad soon. .."

Could thib be a hint to a hunchback assistant? :grin:

It would be nice to see

a bit like the old one

That last link doesn't work for me (forbidden) so to what 'old one' you're referring to?

Edited by Ro87n

Thanks for this review. After series 2 I lost interest but this series is too good to miss.

I really want that Ice hockey player, and some post apoc comics etc must start with the radiation suit guy making a mistake an boom the world blows up.

One annoying thing that I feel the need to point out, the monster isn't called Frankinstein, that's the name of the doctor who created it, which is probabley why there is a mad doctor in this series. I'm just pointing that out even though the link explains that.