WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8804 LEGO Minifigures Series 4

On a scale of 1 to 5   

304 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 4?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Which method will you approach when you buy individual Series 4 packet?

• Dotted guide
    • Touch and feel
    • Random selection based on luck
    • Hi-tech device such as scientific weighing machine and x-ray vision
    • Others
  4. 4. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

Is the Rocker's hair rubbery, like Bellatrix or Dr. Inferno's? Or, is it plastic like the Geisha and stuff. Cuz, it looks kinda rubber in the pic.

Edited by Harrypotterfreak

There haven't been any sightings yet that I know of over here. One of the first places that tends to get them (at least, to get them at MSRP) is Target, where they should show up in the "seasonal" department rather than the toy department, just as they've done in the past. Toys 'R' Us is also a good place to check periodically, and for that matter you might be able to ask a store employee when they're expected to appear on the store shelves (I'm not sure how forthcoming they are with that information, but I see no reason they should hide it).

The people at my Toys"R"Us usually say that they have no idea. Wish they could be a bit more helpful. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for a great review... or a preview in my case. :tongue: I'm not sure if I'll be trying to get a box of these or not, but you've given me all I need to make a decision!

Why do I always pair up with the weird looking Captains?

:laugh: At least my hat is on straight.

Can any minifigures hold a straight bar in both hands?

yeah, dazmundo's post should answer ya, it's been a tradition at least since Islanders, probably before. What I'd never known: you can do the same with the rifle, musket, and star wars rifle.

Nope, it can't be removed. I never use brute force though.

So was it already attached when you got it?

Also, I'm surprised the Rocker is the most common of the bunch, as it seems like one of the more popular ones.

Many thanks for the series 4 review - my favorite series so far. :thumbup:

About Data Analysis:

Can you tell where each minifig is placed in the box?

I remember we had those information for series 1 and 2 and it was very helpful

when you don't buy a complete box or don't try to pick up a complete set of 16 figs

at the same day.

Yes, it is. On mine it looks like it's very well fitted in the helmet and I don't think it's possible to remove it without damaging either the visor or the helmet.

Apologies for the late replies and thanks for all of the recent comments too. :blush:

1. Is that the same old traditional racing helmet that the facemask clips onto?

As what Aanchir has pointed, this is the accessory that was used for the Ice Hockey player.

2. How well can he hold the hockey stick with two hands? Judging by what I've seen, it almost appears too short-- does it look in proportion when he's holding it with both hands?

This is actually a tricky question. The rubber looking lines at the top hockey stick where the player holds the grip can be held by the minifigure. However if you turn the stick where the thin area is facing outwards, it can't be hold by both hands firmly. If the bigger surface area of the hockey stick is turned inwards, both hands can hold it firm. Not sure if I am making any sense.

Is the Rocker's hair rubbery, like Bellatrix or Dr. Inferno's? Or, is it plastic like the Geisha and stuff. Cuz, it looks kinda rubber in the pic.

It is hard rubber, not the regular soft rubber.

Yes, it is attached when I opened it.

Can you tell where each minifig is placed in the box?

I remember we had those information for series 1 and 2 and it was very helpful

when you don't buy a complete box or don't try to pick up a complete set of 16 figs

at the same day.

Unfortunately I didn't take that into consideration when I was opening the box. I will probably assume that each complete sealed box have different arrangements to it.

Thanks for the review!

When I saw it a couple of days ago, I was so excited! Real close-up photos for the S4!

I don't know why, but I thought the guitar would be purple (I don't know, where this idea came from). But this black-white one is awesome. I whis TLG would make a hippy whit a regular guitar.

The rubber-looking hair of the scientist looks a little bit odd to me, but still that's the most-must-have figure in the collection!

Can't wait them to come to Hungary!

Also, I'm surprised the Rocker is the most common of the bunch, as it seems like one of the more popular ones.

Well, isn't that the point? Shouldn't the ones with the greatest overall demand be the most common?

Thanks again for another comprehensive review, Whitefang. You clearly put a lot of work into these, and I truly value the detailed pictures of the minifigures, as well as enjoying the extra 'fun extra' picture and comments you throw in.

I still like Series 2 best overall, but I think S4 is better than S3 or S1.

As for the surfer and the skater boy, I do think they're unnecessary repeats. But I'm very interested in the mad scientist. I guess we're just different :laugh:

Is the skirt on the ice skater plain blue? or does it have any shimmer to it?

thank you.

Great review Whitefang! I definetly am getting a box know that I know that there are 5 punk rockers in one! :classic:

Just on question:Is the Punk Rocker hair bendable plastic or not? Its kinda hard to tell, and since the mould is so large, I'm kind of confused. :thumbup:

Edit: I just look up the page at your post. I'm so happy about that!

Edited by Mrlegoninja

By seeing this review agian, makes me so impatience to get them ALL!!

Can't wait any longer and my B-day is upcomming (or atleast going to be celebrated soon > this comming weekend!)

Edited by Ro87n

Thank you very much for this great review, WhiteFang! :classic:

This review is very helpful and useful.

I will get my wanted minifigs by touch and feel. (Perhaps I and a good friend will buy a whole box and then we will divide the minifigs.)

Series 5 is really outstanding and it's even the best series of all five series of which we have got pics and information.

The only two minifigs I don't like are the monster and the werewolf.

Apart from these, all minifigs are completely amazing!

Having seen this review, my top three are the hazamt guy, the skater and the kimono.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm really looking forward to get these minifigs!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Is there a planned release date for offical Lego Stores to release this? April 15th?

<please delete>

Edited by Cara

Whitefang,I have a question about the hazmat guy,does his visor come off?

EDIT:Whoops!I did not look through the thread!Sorry!

Edited by krystalKING

Holy Crap, Whitefang I can't believe how in depth this review was. I am really looking forward to this series, and I didn't really put together that they all kind of tie together. I think the next big thing on bricklink will be sales of complete sets of 64.

Your reviews are legendary, fantastic job. I know how much work went into this.

I can't wait to get my hands on some.

:wub:

I can comment on this at last! Better late than never.

I'm really speechless for once more Fangy! This is a truly an epic review and I'm amazed on how detailed this is - I really can't think of anything else that could have been added. Tradition goes on! :thumbup:

Series 4 looks fantastic! Almost all minifigs look great and I really like the fact that there is a consistency among all the series as you greatly point out. It's really difficult for me to choose a favorite but if I had a gun pushed against my forehead while I was surrounded by dogs and laser beams from sniper rifles were all over my body I would go for the Kimono Girl (the colours used look very beautiful), the Musketeer (the hat, the sword and the torso look great), the Sailor (he even blinks like Popeye!) and the Hazmat Guy (looks very impressive).

As for Town standards, the Street Skater is the highlight. A beautiful new torso and a new knit hat is always welcomed in my minifig accesories collection. :wink:

Thanks again for the fantastic review Fangy! :sweet:

P.S

Hi-tech device such as scientific weighing machine and x-ray vision

:laugh:

Has anyone figured out a way for a minifig to hold the ice skates? The Ice Dancer & Hockey Player obviously don't attach to their base if they are wearing them (and so I keep knocking them over) but I can't figure out what to do with the skates if they don't wear them! :sceptic:

Suggestions please

D

Has anyone figured out a way for a minifig to hold the ice skates? The Ice Dancer & Hockey Player obviously don't attach to their base if they are wearing them (and so I keep knocking them over) but I can't figure out what to do with the skates if they don't wear them! :sceptic:

Suggestions please

D

I suppose you could mount the skates on the backs of their legs, one above the other. This would be a bit difficult with the figure skater though.