Lukemax

Image Uploading / Posting

I'm trying to post my MOC's but it says my photos are too big and won't let me upload them. How do I fix this problem?

Edited by Luna Lovegood

Hello,

In order to post photos on Eurobricks, you'll need to host them on an external site. There are tons of great sites to use, with most of us using sites like Brickshelf.com and flickr. Both are free and great places to store all of your pictures. With flickr however, there is a monthly limit of 300 MB that you can upload, but you can pay a yearly fee ($24.95) to upgrade to a Pro account and be able to upload a larger size worth of pictures. It depends on how many pictures you're willing to upload and how big of a file they are.

If you are planning on using Brickshelf, here is a helpful tutorial to use:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18347

And another tutorial for posting pictures from Brickshelf:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18451

Feel free to ask any more questions if you have any :classic:

Edited by -R8-

Thank you -R8- for providing such good explaination.

In addition, usage of attachments have its limitations and we will like our members to use the existing sites which offer goods image hosting for your LEGO pictures.

Eurobricks,

I am having troulble uploading photos onto this website. :hmpf_bad: It keeps saying that I am not permited to do so. I am new here so I am lost and confused. Please help.

Brickchucker19

Thanks, but now my photos won't upload on Brickshelf. :angry:

Are you getting an error message? If so, please tell us what it says.

Are you getting an error message? If so, please tell us what it says.

It just goes from a page that is up for less than a second (which is impossible to read) and then it goes to my folder (which is empty).

It just goes from a page that is up for less than a second (which is impossible to read) and then it goes to my folder (which is empty).

Hmm... I get that sometimes. Does the name of the file have any characters other than letters and numbers? What type of file is it? (.png, .gif, .zip, etc.) How big is the file?

Hmm... I get that sometimes. Does the name of the file have any characters other than letters and numbers? What type of file is it? (.png, .gif, .zip, etc.) How big is the file?

It's a .psd and it is 22k.

It's a .psd

That might be the problem. Try converting it to a .png or .jpg and then try uploading it again.

It's a .psd and it is 22k.

If you do own photoshop (.psd is photoshop's native format) I would go to the file and resave it as a jpeg of png.

If you do not have photoshop I would use a file converting website to convert .psd to jpeg or png. There are many out there such as go2convert.com.

EverettYA

EDIT: Oops looks like Brickdoctor beat me to it. Sorry.

Edited by EverettYA

If you do own photoshop (.psd is photoshop's native format) I would go to the file and resave it as a jpeg of png.

If you do not have photoshop I would use a file converting website to convert .psd to jpeg or png. There are many out there such as go2convert.com.

EverettYA

EDIT: Oops looks like Brickdoctor beat me to it. Sorry.

You don't even need to use a file converter site. Click the file, wait, click it again (as if renaming it) and change whatever is there eg. psd, to jpg or jpeg (whatever you want). :sweet:

Hope that helps!

CF

Brick Doctor has given some sound advice on uploading photos.

To address your initial question, you were having problems uploading your pictures to Eurobricks because each member only has a very small amount of upload space. I'm not part of the staff so I dont know the reason for sure, but my guess is if they allowed everyone to load ask of their pictures to the site, it would big down the site and probably cost way more in server costs.

Flickr or brickshelf are you best bet.

Welcome to EuroBricks, Lego Imperialist.

In this list you can see how big pictures (about three quarters down the page), you can upload, according to your status. The most relevant parts for you to read, might be the "Special Groups and Tags" and "Normal Ranks". - It might be a good idea to read that thread, as well as the Member Guidelines.

When I try to upload images, I can only get 100k.

I've seen plenty of posts with much more than this - how can I upload more?

Welcome to EB! First, I'm not sure that this is in the right sub-forum, and that there has been multiple topics on this. Try to use the search feature first, but I'll tell you.

1. Upload pics to facebook, flickr, brickset or other hosting site

2. Click "view image" as many times as possible. :pir_laugh2: It then should be the pic with all white around it.

3. In your post, click the "insert image" button and paste the URL of your image with the white background into the little text area. You're done and your pic should appear like this:

picture_926.jpg

I hope you understand what I just said above.

We get an account to a free photo uploading site like brickshelf and flickr. :pir-wink:

Many questions related to sites like these can be answered in the Index of Tutorials topic in the "Website & Forums" Forum.

Phredit:

Thanks John Paul. It took me a while to post using only one hand. The other hand is holding my daughter. :grin:

I always try and post my MOC pictures on EB but when I select a file, it keeps on saying too big to upload. The pictures are a lot smaller than some other pictures I have seen on Eurobricks. Can I have some help please? Perhaps copying and pasting pictures?

Edited by LegoCityFanatic

1 try the search feature first or look through 5 pages of topics before posting things like this. 2. There is a post pretty much exactly like this 4 posts down. :hmpf_bad:

Read this: clicky Scroll down and read my post.

Capt.JohnPaul

Hello , i have trouble uploading my photo's , when i click " attach file" the screen says " upload stopped , file too big "

Is there someone who can help me , so i can put the photo's online here ?!!

Thank you

belgian brickman