Lukemax

Image Uploading / Posting

Please refer to the tutorials/FAQ linked in my signature or the pinned topics in this forum for more information.

I am trying to upload a photo, but whenever I click Post, it says you need to write something, so I do. And it still says it. I try to upload via file and it says max of 22k. (extremely small)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Eurobricks does not host pictures. You need to upload your files to Flickr or any similar image hosting site, then use that link to post your image here. You can find relevant tutorials by following the links in my signature. :classic:

Does mocpages work?

Yes, you can deeplink to MOCpages images.

Hi everyone,

I know I sound a little silly, but I haven't been around for a LONG time, and I'm a little rusty. How do you post pictures from your computer (non-url) in a topic? I've forgotten...

Thanks,

BrickmanJ

Unless there is something I don't know, you can't.

I believe you're thinking too hard. I'm talking about just putting a picture in the post. Unless everybody puts in a URL link (I've posted pictures before without doing it), then they must upload pictures from their computer.

You do have to upload your pictures, and use the link in your post. There is currently no other way to post pictures.

Could someone help me out with Brickshelf? I tried to register there months ago, but I never received the email that you need in order to verify the account and start using it. And I checked, it's not in my spam folder. Later, I first tried to re-register but it won't accept the re-registration because it has the data from yesterday in the system. Then I tried the "forgot your password?" and they claim they sent a new password to my email address. But I did not receive it.

Thanks!

Could someone help me out with Brickshelf? I tried to register there months ago, but I never received the email that you need in order to verify the account and start using it. And I checked, it's not in my spam folder. Later, I first tried to re-register but it won't accept the re-registration because it has the data from yesterday in the system. Then I tried the "forgot your password?" and they claim they sent a new password to my email address. But I did not receive it.

Thanks!

I know that this isn't going to seem like a lot of help, but this isn't the first time I've heard about something like this happening. While I don't know whether or not past such issues were ever resolved, considering the reliability problems Brickshelf's had in the last few years, if you don't have any pictures uploaded there right now, I would just forget about it and sign up for another site such as flickr or Photobucket or Bricksafe.

I know that this isn't going to seem like a lot of help, but this isn't the first time I've heard about something like this happening. While I don't know whether or not past such issues were ever resolved, considering the reliability problems Brickshelf's had in the last few years, if you don't have any pictures uploaded there right now, I would just forget about it and sign up for another site such as flickr or Photobucket or Bricksafe.

Or try again with a different email address & new username. The same sort of thing happened to me, I didn't bother trying again I just went elsewhere.

Thanks for your help! I registered at Bricksafe, didn't even know it existed. Registration worked fine, so now I'll just have to start taking pics.

Hello So I am back on Eurobricks (after about a year busy period) and I do not see how we can upload photos from our computer to our posts anymore?

Please help!

Thanks

-RailCo

WHy does it say that I have exceeded my disk space when I try and upload pictures? I have only been on the forum short while, uploaded even fewer pics, and always made sure they were small (800x600), less than 80kb?

Thanks for the reply but this still does not work. I get this message

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

The URL is from MOCpages, from what I heard from others this should be acceptable. Hopefully it is, I do not want to have to open a whole other page on brickshelf or something to just post on this forum. Also, if I just post the pics in the body of my post, and don't click the "add image" icon, then I can at least refer people to my mocpages to see pics than I am referring to. I know this is not desireable, and some think it is shameless self-promoting, which I am simply not trying to do. I just don't know other options at this time.

Thanks for the reply but this still does not work. I get this message

Make sure you're using a URL to an image. When you have the image you want on your screen when browsing MOCpages (max. 1,024x768 pixels), right-click it and select "Copy Image URL" (or something similar, depending on the browser you're using) and paste this URL in the textbook you get when clicking the image button or wrap it in "img" tags as follows:

[img=your-image-url]

Make sure you're using a URL to an image. When you have the image you want on your screen when browsing MOCpages (max. 1,024x768 pixels), right-click it and select "Copy Image URL" (or something similar, depending on the browser you're using) and paste this URL in the textbook you get when clicking the image button or wrap it in "img" tags as follows:

[img=your-image-url]

Nope. Nothing. Sorry for being so illiterate but this does not work either. I followed the ewxact steps you outlined. I also tried wrapping it in "img" tags and this did not work. My only question is making sure that I am using an url to an image. I never get the "copy image url" or anything similar. Once I have the image, I go to properties and use the url there.... but it is not working. To my knowledge, a url to a picture is something like:

http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/100020/14090213461_DISPLAY.jpg

Is this right?

It takes me directly to an image

14090213461_DISPLAY.jpg

Works for me... I put the URL in your post in IMG tags, and it just worked.

Remember to include the http part.

Edited by fred67

14090213461_DISPLAY.jpg

Works for me... I put the URL in your post in IMG tags, and it just worked.

Remember to include the http part.

Okay, must be my browser. Could that be it? Still is not working for me but I am on a computer with lots of filters. I will try when I am home on my own computer.