Lukemax

Image Uploading / Posting

Is there a way to post more photos after you've exceeded the 100k limit? I've only posted one photo and the others were a test run to see if their size was small enough. Is there a way for me to post more photos? Help would be very much appreciated.

Have a Nice Day Everybody!

I have beeb trying to upload pictures but keep getting the message that the size is too big. I keep shrinking the size and keep getting the message. The size of the picture on the last try was 180x240. Anyone know what the problem may be?

Yes I understand that but I would like to know why I can't upload the pictures. It is very strange.

Actually you don't understand. We don't host images for members. That is why you can only upload a very small amount.

Actually you don't understand. We don't host images for members. That is why you can only upload a very small amount.

Ok, now I understand.

Hello

I need some help. I cannot post pictures on this site. I get an error: "[#1072] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Thanks

Oran

What are you clicking on to try to post pictures? If I had to guess, I'd say you were trying to use the Gallery. EB doesn't host images, and only Staff can upload to the Gallery. You need to use another site such as Brickshelf, flickr, or Photobucket to host your images first, and then embed them here.

What are you clicking on to try to post pictures? If I had to guess, I'd say you were trying to use the Gallery. EB doesn't host images, and only Staff can upload to the Gallery. You need to use another site such as Brickshelf, flickr, or Photobucket to host your images first, and then embed them here.

Thank you. How do I embed them here. Already have them on Photobucket.

Thank you. How do I embed them here. Already have them on Photobucket.

Right click on the image and copy the URL of the image. (I forget what you select on Windows; on Mac it's 'Copy Image Address') Click the Insert Photo button ( picture.png ), paste the URL in the blank, and click 'Insert Image'. (make sure you don't have two 'http://'s in there, since there's already one in the blank)

Right click on the image and copy the URL of the image. (I forget what you select on Windows; on Mac it's 'Copy Image Address') Click the Insert Photo button ( picture.png ), paste the URL in the blank, and click 'Insert Image'. (make sure you don't have two 'http://'s in there, since there's already one in the blank)

I really appreciate your help. I think I understand that to insert an image is not the same as attachment of a file. Am I correct? Also I do not want to break any rules but I sell LEGO on eBay and by "saying" that here in my profile is ok or not? I will probably have LOTS of questions and I do not want to bother you so is there another person or is it ok to "bother" you?

I really appreciate your help. I think I understand that to insert an image is not the same as attachment of a file. Am I correct? Also I do not want to break any rules but I sell LEGO on eBay and by "saying" that here in my profile is ok or not? I will probably have LOTS of questions and I do not want to bother you so is there another person or is it ok to "bother" you?

Hi Oran. Most of what you're asking about can be found in the Member Guidelines (pinned in this very forum) otherwise have a search around as there's a very good chance your question will have been asked before. If all else fails, once you get to ten posts, and can view your profile and use the PM facility, you could PM a member of the Staff. :sweet:

Advertising that you sell LEGO at the start of your membership does not really give a good impression of yourself. Posting details on your profile is fine, but adverts for stores will likely be taken out of your signature. Please remember you cannot view your profile until you have made 10 posts (and preferably good and substantial ones) as this is a recurring question. :sweet:

Hope im not being blind but i've read through the resizing topic and have uploaded picasa and all is fine, i can crop pics etc and export back but the kbs on the pics still seem high and as you only get 100kbs it means i can only upload 5 pics max even after resizing, am i doing something wrong as some people have hundreds photos on here?

Hope im not being blind but i've read through the resizing topic and have uploaded picasa and all is fine, i can crop pics etc and export back but the kbs on the pics still seem high and as you only get 100kbs it means i can only upload 5 pics max even after resizing, am i doing something wrong as some people have hundreds photos on here?

All these people with hundreds of photos are hosting them on sites like flickr and brickshelf, and then linking them to here.

Make yourself a free account, and check out the guides how to link them.

Good luck!

Hello!

As already mentioned, BrickShelf is one very convenient way doing this. If you are not sure how do handle this, we have some great hints & tips from our tutorials index to help you with that. :classic:

1. How to upload pictures to Brickshelf

2. Posting Deeplinked Images from Brickshelf

Have fun sharing your images!

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hi,

I have some pictures of my Arkham Asylum MOC I want to post, but the pictures are on my email, and I was wondering, how do you post pictures from your email?

(It's a really tall MOC. About, I would say, 2 and 1/2 feet!)

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

Hi,

I have some pictures of my Arkham Asylum MOC I want to post, but the pictures are on my email, and I was wondering, how do you post pictures from your email?

You can't. You have to save them to a local storage device (harddisk, flashdrive) and then upload them to an image host. See my signature for a link to the tutorials.

Hi,

Insert pictures

Insert pictures

This thread is almost 3 weeks old and the question was answered.

Are you trying to be funny?

hi all..

i really ant to sho off a few bits ive mad to get feedback , i learnt that u need to post ten tims before you can upload pics??

i have reached ten posts but when i go to upload a pic into a topic it says i have used 97 of my 100..

just wondered if i had to wait longer or wat ??

also as a newbie to this AMAZING site and also someone whom was away from lego for 20yrs (i know im sorry life n all that) , im a bit lost with some of the terminology used here .

examples..

MOC

WIP

TLG

???? and othrs probably...

but mostly i wish to upload one or two pics ..

Thanks

Welcome to EB, Mitch Monsoon. :classic: Eurobricks isn't intended to be used to host pictures for normal members, so you should first upload your pictures to another site, such as Brickshelf, flickr, or Photobucket, and then embed the pictures on EB. (there's a tutorial on embedding from Brickshelf here and there're instructions to embed from flickr here)

MOC - My Own Creation

WIP - Work I Progress

TLG - The LEGO Group

Welcome to EB, Mitch Monsoon. :classic: Eurobricks isn't intended to be used to host pictures for normal members, so you should first upload your pictures to another site, such as Brickshelf, flickr, or Photobucket, and then embed the pictures on EB. (there's a tutorial on embedding from Brickshelf here and there're instructions to embed from flickr here)

MOC - My Own Creation

WIP - Work I Progress

TLG - The LEGO Group

Thank you Kindly Sir

MOC

WIP

TLG

???? and othrs probably...

You can also have a look at the EB Glossary for other acronyms you're wondering about. :classic: