Legostein

MINI Z-95 Headhunter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

Today I'd like to tell you another little story from the Expanded Universe. It's about the Z-95 Headhunter (Click here for a reference image). It was one of the most capable fighters of the Old Republic and manufactured by Incom and Subpro Corporations. You will already notice the similarities to the later X-Wing which was produced by Incom for the Rebel Alliance after the corporations' engineers had defected to the Rebellion. But the starfighter is still popular among local system forces, pirates and the Corporate Sector. :classic:

One could easily believe that the Z-95 was the direct predecessor to the X-Wing. And for many many years this was indeed the case. Until the prequel trilogy appeared with new starship designs like the ARC-170 starfighter which is now placed between the Z-95 Headhunter and X-Wing designs. One of my missions here is to spread the knowledge of the original Expanded Universe, share some of my insights of it. :classic:

The Z-95 Headhunter is slighly shorter than the X-Wing starfighter and has lighter weaponry attached on one single pair of wings. Another design difference to the X-Wing is the large curved cowling behind the cockpit protecting the main power generator. A curved brick did the job pretty well there. :classic: The construction itself is similar to the one of my X-Wing version (which is very different from the offical one, see the Rebel Alliance Starfighter Topic).

z-95-headhunter-1.jpg

z-95-headhunter-3.jpg

z-95-headhunter-4.jpg

----------------------------------------

From the Z-95 to the X-Wing chronology:

z-95-headhunter-1.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> arc-170-1.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> x-wing-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

----------------------------------------

With that I am done for today. Thank you for your time and interest. :classic:

See you around!

~ Christopher

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Very nice Legostein! I like your piece choice for the cockpit, and the jewels are a wonderful touch. Great stuff! Oh and clever use of the jumper plate at the front.

'Legostein', you've done it again.....AWESOME mini and jewels for engine exhausts....very nice and they are big laser cannons eh ? :devil:

Keep them comming and Brick On 'Legostein' ! :grin:

Another excellent mini Legostein! I love how detailed the quad-engines look even at such a small scale. Pretty neat use of those jewels too. Great job as usual! :thumbup:

As I scrolled down thinking about my comments, I noticed everyone else said the same thing! I love the jewels for the engines. It's really a nice effect. Good job.

Yet another fantastic mini Legostein and I agree with other comments regarding your innovative part usage. :thumbup:

One of my missions here is to spread the knowledge of the original Expanded Universe, share some of my insights of it. :classic:

You're certainly succeeding in your mission - forcing me to look at reference material and therefore acknowledge the existance of the EU! :hmpf_bad::grin:

Wow this is another really cool mini you've designed.

I'll make sure to blog this one as well.

Thanks for taking the time to create such great topics for your designs and we get instructions too :wub:

Hello everybody!

I am sorry to be back late here, but it was a very busy week for me. :classic:

Thank you all of you for the nice comments! I am so glad you like also stuff from the Expanded Universe! :classic:

Hope to see you soon,

yours Christopher.