• 6264 Forbiden Cove
    • 6278/6292 Enchanted Island
    • 6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall
    • 6296 Shipwreck Island
    • 6490 Amazon Crossing
    • 6563 Gator Landing
    • 7410 Jungle River
    • 5988 Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruin

Within dangerous jungles, dark swamps, and forbidden islands, Lego crocodiles have infested the waters. They have eaten pirates, island natives, adventurers, and other fool-hearty figs. Vote for your favorite set and discuss why:

crocsets5.jpg

(edited 6/20/06 to reflect Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins)

another great cross-themed poll by the brickster !!! i'll have you know, the crocodile is my favorite LEGO animal !!! right next to the classic horse. so this poll is really neat for me... i love to see how the crocodie has crossed genres since its debute in the ISLANDERS.

my favorite croc set would have to remain true to the roots, the tiki influenced pirate sub-theme. and of those sets, crocodile cage is my top choice.

it not very often that a small set can hold its own, and i feel 6246 really delivers. forbidden cove 6246 is next for me, but it doesn't feature the croc as well as the cage does. the huge moai face seems to over power the coolness of the crocodile in that set.

- BrickMiner

Brickster you've forgotten 5988 Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruin which contains 2 crocodiles! Also you've missed some of the horrible 4+ Pirate sets but I wouldn't worry about those...

I only have two sets in that list but I voted without hesitation for the Enchanted Island set ;-)

I love that whole native theme and that set offers great vigs, two boats and loads of native fun !!

I really love those natives MFs !! They really explored something new with those and are really "refreshing" compared to soldiers (red coats/blue coats/armada) ;-)

I laso love the Jungle river set: its a small and exciting set with a fantastic adventurer feel to it ;-)

Brickster, like Phes, I wonder why you left out Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins (set n

I voted for the Enchanted Island set!

I alsow discover that there are some pirat sets that I have never seen in my life before, like the 6281 for example. Those kind of disovery make me >:-( ! That remind me of the ninja line never seen in french stores, and the most sets of amazon adventure too! I don't know why? But now, I understand when in some other topics, someone said about some sets not available in his country that it is the "normal" policy of LEGO! I stop here my scream!

I knew that Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins contained two dark grey crocs; but silly me when I was doing the poll, I left it off. I left Pirates 4+ off intentionally.

Can one of the mods add Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins to the list though. Definately should be on the list.

Wow, you're really stretching for polls, aren't you Brickster? ;-) Anyway, I'll have to get back to you with an answer later.

Steve

The more I think about it, the more I realize that this is a hard pole. I am very much split between Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins and Enchanted Island. I have neither set but both look like great sets.

Enchanted Island appears to be the best of the Islander sets. The set has a great baseplate, catamaran, bridge, and a small pirate ship. These are all elements that make this a great set for playability and detail.

On the other hand, Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins is among my favorite Adventurer sub-theme, and I've always wanted this set. I love the truck and the set has some great elements.

My vote goes to Forbidden Ruins but if I had two choices, I would definately pick both of these almost equally. I just wish I had purchased Enchanted Island as a Legend. Missed the set during both releases :-(

As the super adventurer fan that I am, I've got to go with Pharoah. And also because them croc's is grey and the only place to get them is here.

For the green croc sets, it would have to be the Enchanted Island.

Steve

Yet another nice poll, Brickster! :-)

I voted for 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins, partly because it's the only one of these sets that I've seen in person. But, besides the raised base plate, I think it looks really neat. Especially the back part.

I voted for 7410 Jungle River. I think lego should have done far more small scenery sets which are not only playable but also good for spare parts (except for the fig!).

On another note, sorry for my long absence... drowning in work...

God Bless,

Nathan

:-D :-D :-D ... I knew Enchanted Island is going to win...

I voted for it,of course.... OK,there's a lot of nostalgia,but it's also one of the best sets ever (as the Islanders are the best subtheme ever,in my opinion)...

greetings from Serbia

Enchanted Island comes as no surprise, as I think it is a very nice set (just wish I had purchased one, darn...), but I'm surprised that Amazon Ruins did as well as Pharaoh's Ruins. The Egyptian desert set is by far a better set but both have received 3 votes each making them 2nd place.

And as I look at larger pictures of these Islander sets, I realize that this was a pretty nice sub-theme.