Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

Great! Although I'm not too fond of those wheels and mudguards used on town trucks, the shaping is very nice. But I especially love the interior, which is very inspiring. :thumbup:

I'm not fond of them either, but there's a couple of reasons why I used them. I'm trying to approach it like official Lego vehicles, and also I felt the other wheels were either too big or too small. I wanted the bottom of the serving window as low as possible and unfortunately these wheels seemed the best without them being too small. I wish they had made these wheels 1 stud thick instead of ~1.5 studs; the way they stick out bothers me and it forces you to use the mudguards to make it look normal.

I really like your idea. Any chance you would share the design?

One of these days, I do want to make instructions, but I honestly don't know if and when I'll be able to get around to it. Too much real life stuff going on...

It has my vote!

Awesome build.

Going to do a post in my LUG forum, try to give it a boost do 1000!

:wink:

Thanks! I'll take whatever support I can get! Much appreciated!

Wonderful Food truck, I really love it, would you please share you LDD, my email address is dp.l@qq.com

Really Thanks.

nice, i have been thinking about this kind of truck also, for meat/fish/fruit-vegetables/etc like we have on the week market here. very nice truck ;)

Nice food truck. I wonder what kind of food do they serve?

Edited by kermit

Well, there's been some new parts and new colors of existing parts since the last revision, so I figured it was time to update this model again. Plus, it'll be the first time this was updated since Lego switched from Cuusoo to Ideas. This is the 3rd major revision of this model, so let's get to what's new:

• Stronger, redesigned, removable roof. The removable roof is now one plate thicker, making it much stronger. I've also added "handles" to make it easy to know where to hold the roof in order to remove it easily.
  • Redesigned snack/display case. The older model used a part that is no longer being produced (1x2x2 panel without side supports). The new display case uses currently-produced Lego parts and is built with interesting SNOT techniques.
  • New wheels. The old wheels have been replaced with the new wheels that have been showing up in late-2013/2014 City sets. These wheels are about a 1/4 stud thinner, and thus, do not stick out from the vehicle body as much as the older wheels did. This allowed me to get rid of the front mudguards, making the food truck more accurate (real world trucks of this type do not have mudguards on the front wheels).
  • Other minor changes.

Here's the link to the Lego Ideas page: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/937

Thank you to everyone who has already supported this project!

14234288364_4f3832ef58_z.jpg

14211396656_ec6a44f488_z.jpg

14234288754_0047515b1b_z.jpg

14254719663_6213d14f5b_z.jpg

14234533015_e783b66944_z.jpg

14254720193_771e91bf11_z.jpg

14047953747_f8f9aee119_z.jpg

14232258432_c55e78111d_z.jpg

C & C welcome!

It's cool! Great shape and nice interior. And good solution for the flip up thing on the side :)

You nailed this concept spot on. I worked at a place that had a food truck and I swear this looks just like it, everything from the height of the food, the position of the guy inside, everything. With a little more sticker action this could be an official set.

Beautiful job! I'm used to these things rolling onto the job site I used to be on covered in ads for construction insurance. :laugh: Very unique parts usage. Realistic build. :thumbup:

Sweet!! That's awesome. The level of detail is amazing.

Wow nice! Do you work at a Mobilhome design kinda company? because, great job fitting everything in that little space

Very very interesting! I was looking for something similar. Very inspiring and a great bunch of details.

Love it! It's impressive all the details you have incorporated into this van, including the playability aspect.

AWESOME redo......I love the van's exterior as well as interior......now the stickers, where did you get them ? :grin:

(I thought I was the sticker master ? :laugh: )

Congrats on being front paged as well 'SpacySmoke'......Brick On !

P.S. I hope for more supports on Lego Ideas will come your way for this creation. :sweet:

Amazing job SpacySmoke. :classic:

I love all the detail you managed to add into this six wide truck.

very nice indeed! great stickers, although you could add some logo's to show when the van is closed...

This is brilliant. And also, the first time a carrot has ever graced the surfaces of a food truck. :wink:

It's absolutely gorgeous - I'd most certainly buy one if it ended up as a set.

It's cool! Great shape and nice interior. And good solution for the flip up thing on the side :)

Thanks! I'd like to reinforce the hinges on the flip up door, but there's no more room!

You nailed this concept spot on. I worked at a place that had a food truck and I swear this looks just like it, everything from the height of the food, the position of the guy inside, everything. With a little more sticker action this could be an official set.

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, it could probably use more stickers to add a little extra umph to it, but I tend to be a little hesitant with custom stickers, and to sticker this up properly would probably mean STAMPs.

Beautiful job! I'm used to these things rolling onto the job site I used to be on covered in ads for construction insurance. :laugh: Very unique parts usage. Realistic build. :thumbup:

Thank you! You don't happen to be related to Hinckley Springs? I see the company trucks and ads when driving around IL ( I just moved here a year ago).

Sweet!! That's awesome. The level of detail is amazing.

Thanks! I'm trying to strike a balance between detailed and simple building.

Wow nice! Do you work at a Mobilhome design kinda company? because, great job fitting everything in that little space

LOL! No, I'm just a web designer with obsessive compulsive tendencies to improve past MOCs indefinitely.

Love it! It's impressive all the details you have incorporated into this van, including the playability aspect.

Thanks! It was important for me to approach it like an official set as much as possible, so playability became a big focus on the 2nd revision.

AWESOME redo......I love the van's exterior as well as interior......now the stickers, where did you get them ? :grin:

(I thought I was the sticker master ? :laugh: )

Congrats on being front paged as well 'SpacySmoke'......Brick On !

P.S. I hope for more supports on Lego Ideas will come your way for this creation. :sweet:

Thanks, Tiger! I learn from the best! :grin: Your sticker work is truly inspiring!

Getting frontpaged was a nice surprise after a long work day!

Amazing job SpacySmoke. :classic:

I love all the detail you managed to add into this six wide truck.

Thanks! The original design's interior was so cramped that it bugged me every time I looked at it. I contemplated going 8-wide for a bit, but I had some ideas to open up the interior a bit and thankfully it all worked out.

very nice indeed! great stickers, although you could add some logo's to show when the van is closed...

Good idea! Though I'm not sure if I'm happy with the current stickers...I kind of rushed it and I feel like I can come up with something better. I was also thinking of using large tiles (like those 6x6 tiles) to put stickers on, then you could just remove the tile and switch it if you wanted to change brands, so to speak.

I love this. Supported!

Thanks for your support!

Supported! Great work!

Thank you! I appreciate it!

This is amazing! One of the most compact and clever MOCs I've seen! Supported!

Thanks!

This is brilliant. And also, the first time a carrot has ever graced the surfaces of a food truck. :wink:

Haha! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had anything with carrots from a food truck...hmmm...

It's absolutely gorgeous - I'd most certainly buy one if it ended up as a set.

Let's hope that'll be the case, but I don't think it will this time around. I need to get support from non-FOLs to make it happen I think.

Anyway, thank you all for your comments!

There's still some things I want to improve, but I currently either don't know how to improve them or I'm waiting for a certain part to be made in a certain color.

Great model! Have to ask: what's behind the 3x1x1 door panel in th chassis?

Just storage space, though you can't fit much in there. On real food trucks there tend to be storage spaces in that area.

The funny thing is the original still looked really good. Better than any vehicle I could build. But the revisions have made it that much better!

I could easily see this being an official set. And if it is/isn't, I'd still buy one for my city. I'll have to somehow get creative and study your pictures to build my own...it won't come out as awesome as yours though.

And good job getting frontpaged. That is a dream of mine. I just need to build more and post more pictures.