lt.Gonville brickhead

Which is more seaworthy- Skull Eyes Schooner or Imperial Flagship

Which is the better ship?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Skull's Eye Schooner or Imperial Flagship

• Skull's Eye Schooner
    • Imperial Flagship

Seaworthy of course the Imperial Flagship! The SES hasn't even got a deck - the minifigs walk around directly on the hull, which is not cool. On the other hand, the Skull's Eye Schooner looks great and is a real classic, an awesome Lego set. But frankly, it's somewhat of a toy in comparison to the IFS, and therefore not as seaworthy, even though it's really lovely and adorable. It should at least have a deck like the BSB!

I think both are ships are pretty much equal in terms of combat. However, the IFS's architecture allowed me to add 2 cannon ports to each side. Anyway, my vote went to the IFS.

P.S. - If you want to see a picture of my IFS, PM me.

I don't own the SES, but I do own the IFS and I can say one thing about it. Photos do absolutely no justice to that ship. It is absolutely beautiful, as well as (in my opinion) the best built Ship that Lego has ever released (It only has one structural flaw!! and yes that is good, usually I have to fix like 10 flaws on most sets).

One way to give those who don't own it a perspective, I have roughly 24 minifigures on board with various "duties" and plenty room to spare for at least another 10 minifigs. Now by then it might be a bit cramped, but pushing it to its limits I would say at least 40 minifigs could fit. That is huge, and easily playable. As well as all the details that went into the ship.

Anyways, that's my "short" shpeel on the IFS.

As far as the SES goes, it is the one prate ship that I want most, mainly cause it is the only one that could ever even have a small chance against the IFS, but still, it seems to be no where near close in my mind as far as seaworthy, detail, or awesomeness.

So ya my verdict is, IFS Rules lol.

Edited by Lord Valgor

I'm not normally a Pirates guy (I didn't even have any Pirates sets as a kids in the 80s), but I did pick up the Imperial Flagship a while back & absolutely love it!

100_8929sm.jpg

Most seaworthy ? The Skull's eye Schooner of course.

The imperial flagship can't even sail seas with its headsail attached like that.

The Skull's Eye Schooner has its steering wheel connected to the rudder which means it can actually steer AND is has a compas so it won't get lost at sea so easely, I don't see those features in the imperial flagship.

The sails themselves are nicer on the IFS but considering the rigging and how it is attached to the ship the SES conquers over the IFS again.

Really, the imperial flagship might be bigger and is a very nice ship but when judging on seaworthyness there should be no doubt that the Skull's Eye Schooner is the better choice.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

I would have to say the IFS. The IFS is larger and has a much better and organized cabin space. I do like the swivel cannons on the schooner but I'm an imperial fan.