Sign in to follow this  
Blackknight112

[MOC] Nizam's podracer

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I wanted to show my entry for fbtb's contest here, to get some feedback. I was not sure where to post this: In star wars or in licenced themes forum.

5498034158_db31f0c565.jpg

hope you enjoyed.

Looks pretty nice. I like how the design incorporates PoP architecture, but it looks...I don't know. It doesn't seem to flow for me. Your engines are really nice in the little areas, where I can see towers and pillars and arches, but as a whole they don't seem to resemble anything. Maybe if the engines each appeared to be a single tower, split in two and you could see inside an apparatus that makes it seem to plausibly 'work' in real life. Like steampunk. But...PoPpunk.

Did that make sense?

Looks pretty nice. I like how the design incorporates PoP architecture, but it looks...I don't know. It doesn't seem to flow for me. Your engines are really nice in the little areas, where I can see towers and pillars and arches, but as a whole they don't seem to resemble anything. Maybe if the engines each appeared to be a single tower, split in two and you could see inside an apparatus that makes it seem to plausibly 'work' in real life. Like steampunk. But...PoPpunk.

Did that make sense?

A bit, but it was my intension to make it as a split tower.

A bit, but it was my intension to make it as a split tower.

Hmm...

My bad then. It just didn't look like that to me. There's no way the two halves would fit together.

It looks pretty good blackknight! Great to see this PoP-SW crossover, and the colors are just perfect for the PoP flavor of this podracer. I don't think I can criticize much about the overall design, since they all come in different shapes and sizes that however you design it to be is perfectly acceptable on the theme that you're working on, and in this case it effectively represents PoP the way I see it. Maybe the only thing I could suggest is making the cable wires longer? It looks like the engines are too close to the pod.

Looks good. Nice use of those PoP pieces. Mind showing us an unedited pic so we can see it better?

This looks very good; stylistically pretty much what a Prince of Persia character, particularly Nizam, would incorporate into a podracer. The thing is, the look seems more architectural than vehicular if you will - so while it really fits with the PoP theme, it's a bit like driving around the Empire State Building - which is awesome cool, but doesn't fit quite right, if you get what I mean. Still, better than I could do - and I'm still upset that none of the PoP sets are going on sale in Singapore, even though all the stores in the States are practically giving them away.