Catanas

Train Tech Art

That Metroliner poster is very Nice! I really like the style and the colours you used....

Well, I find this topic quite fascinating because it brings together two things I love - Lego trains and great design.

When I took the photos of my Railjet Moc last week, I had a nice idea for a poster inspired by my Lego train. My goal was to design a stylish "advertisement" for my Lego train which would look great hanging at the walls in a modern-styled Lego train station. Admittedly, it's not Art Deco at all but rather in a futuristic design that fits to my Railjet MOC...

5632180684_1a40225aaf.jpg

Bigger version here

PS: yes, the Railjet train service exists in reality and the travel times on the poster are the actual travel times from 2013 on but the poster and the design are purely my own work and don't have much in common with actual ads for the service.

Edited by Odyssey

The Metroliner is the most beautiful, It looks like you hand drew it. That is a very nice piece of work. You should make copies, I would be more than happy to buy some from you!!!!

Apart from the logo, you also need music. Que: Kraftwerk: Trans Europe Express.

They even did a logo, in the same theme as the art here. Very retro, like their videos are, coupled with electro.

post-5891-130354173654.jpg

Catty,

The two 7740 are fantastic (ok, the mail by rail is a 7740, don't deny it :laugh: ) !

Maybe because I have always dreamt of owning one :tongue:

Excellent work !

I love love love the one of the 7740, with the Metroliner a close second. Great work Catty! :cry_happy:

Catty,

Could you get in touch with me? I'd like to discuss a project with you, regarding your "Metroliner" poster.

Thanks,

Toby

Unfortunately, the links to these pics no longer seem to work.

Any chance you could repost them? I would love to see them.

EDIT: They work now. They are Great!

Would you be interested in selling a hi res file I could print and put up in my train room?

Edited by Hhmarshall