1299191573m_DISPLAY.jpg

1299191578m_DISPLAY.jpg

1299191587m_DISPLAY.jpg

Before you ask, the cheese is Modulex, and the Braille spells out "home" :wink:

For the 2011 MOCathalon.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Wow. What a violent take on this. :tongue:

The LEGO tiling is amazing! At first I thought it was normal kitchen tiliang, but I noticed the mousehole was LEGO, so I checked the others and lo and behold. The mice are cool, apple core is fantastic, cleaver awesome. One of the most realistic, human-scale MOCs ever.

It is bloody nice work. :classic: Great job on the mice and apple core. Very realistic scene.

Wow, what a great depiction of the nursery rhyme! The tiling is great - the way you've managed to integrate it with real world tiles is super and the free-standing cleaver is very impressive. I love the little details like the Braille and the applecore, and of course, the mice themselves! :wub:

Best of luck in the MOCathlon! :thumbup:

Great work SlyOwl, reminds me of your awesome MOC of last years comp. But I must say, a meat cleaver is not really a carving knife is it? :tongue:

That is simply brilliant and the execution (no pun intended) is awesome, integrating Lego with real life objects is done flawlessly :thumbup:

and just plain pretty to look at .... without the plain bit :wink: .

That's nice! Even though it's quite gruesome. The mice look very complex, but excellent.

The braille text is also a nice detail. And I'm surprised that the meat cleaver keeps balanced because such a large part is isn't leaning on anything.

Excellent MOC of that classic nursery tune, now that's more like a meat axe than a knife ! :devil:

Great mice and someone was hungry for a Lego apple weren't they eh ? :laugh:

Fantastic job in general from the SNOT cutting board to the tiled wall.....spot the real tiled wall...I know, but if just quickly look and turn away. :wink:

Brick On 'Sly Owl'......is Humpty Dumpty next ? :grin:

This is really an impressive MOC SlyOwl! The particular elements that I really like about this build are the realistic brickbuilt wall tiles that blend seamlessly with the real tiled wall and the different builds of the two remaining blind mice. Best of luck in the competition with the rest of Team Eurobricks! :thumbup:

Really, really well done SlyOwl :wub:! Everything is already said, I´ll just add:

gallery_148_20_3287.jpg!!

Thanks everyone :classic:

Great work SlyOwl, reminds me of your awesome MOC of last years comp. But I must say, a meat cleaver is not really a carving knife is it? :tongue:

It did feel rather similar to last year; apple core, mice, even the knife idea was there last year (there was a knife block, as I recall) - so I was trying desperately to distance the two (like I really struggled not to put in a PaB cup in the background!). A carving knife was too hard to make! Besides, cleavers make a far more satisfactory sounds when one details mice (not that I have any experience :devil: )...

And I'm surprised that the meat cleaver keeps balanced because such a large part is isn't leaning on anything.

It was quite a challenge, really: the cleaver slots into a SNOTed angled hole in the board, and I jammed it in with a trans red plate... hasn't fallen over once yet!

Brick On 'Sly Owl'......is Humpty Dumpty next ? :grin:

Alas, other categories call my attention! But maybe some day...

Really, really well done SlyOwl :wub:! Everything is already said, I´ll just add:

gallery_148_20_3287.jpg!!

*Googles Braille decipherer* - thanks! :laugh:

Wow - great stuff. I dig the braille and how you got the grouting to match up. :thumbup: