Diggydoes

Looking for a certain piece!does it exist?

Hi there,

since i'm almost new to this forum and just renewed my passion for lego a couple of weeks ago i'm having a question regarding a lego-piece that i don't know if it exist or not.

Looking for a 2x4,2x3plate with studs on the upper and the underside,does something like this exist?or even a brick with studs on the upper and the under?

Sorry if this maybe is a foolish question for most of you but for me it's quite important and i really don't know where to look!

Hope i didn't break any forum rules or some?!

Regards

It should be noted that the bricks you're talking about and the linked bricks have different widths (obviously, but keep reading). The ones you want are 1 plate thick, whereas the ones suggested are 2.5 thick. Basically what that means is that unless you have 2 studs/5 plates worth of room to play with, they won't line up. You can either use the Plate Modified 1 x 1 with Clip Light, which is 1 plate thick but has the 1 x 1 plate that sticks out, or you can attach one of these upside-down to one of these, which ends up at 1 plate thick the whole way but is 5 studs long.

It should be noted that the bricks you're talking about and the linked bricks have different widths (obviously, but keep reading). The ones you want are 1 plate thick, whereas the ones suggested are 2.5 thick. Basically what that means is that unless you have 2 studs/5 plates worth of room to play with, they won't line up. You can either use the Plate Modified 1 x 1 with Clip Light, which is 1 plate thick but has the 1 x 1 plate that sticks out, or you can attach one of these upside-down to one of these, which ends up at 1 plate thick the whole way but is 5 studs long.

Thanks for your help!

I will try the brick with the studs on each side first if this ain't working i'm going for Modified plate with clip!

Thanks again!!!

Another option I rarely see used is this piece. It's exactly one plate thick with a stud on each side. If you attach the stud to one of the circular holes on the bottom of a plate, it'll stay in place really well (since the ball joint keeps it from swiveling for the most part), and it can be easily enclosed to cover up its unusual shape. The only disadvantage is that it only has one stud on each side, so for a larger MOC where it's supporting a lot of weight you'll want to use more than one of them.

No, those don't exist. There are however bricks with studs on 2 sides.

Actually your half right. This piece does exist! But, and this is a big BUT, it is a MegaBlock part, so it doesn't exist in Lego. Its studs are on both sides. Its a 2 x 2 and the plate part is thicker than a Lego plate. Just something to know I guess. :classic:

I've seen a similar part in Cobi sets, it think it was a 1x2 plate with studs on both sides. I'm actually surprised LEGO has never made a piece like this, but thanks to this thread I've learned a few ways to work around that gap.

Edited by meyerc13

I've seen a similar part in Cobi sets, it think it was a 1x2 plate with studs on both sides. I'm actually surprised LEGO has never made a piece like this, but thanks to this thread I've learned a few ways to work around that gap.

I think it's because traditionally the majority of LEGO elements are intended for studs-up building, so they have stud receptacles on the bottom. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single piece with studs on its bottom. (would love to be proven wrong, though)

I just might get shot for this but...

Enlighten does have a 2x2 plate with studs on both sides.

Mega blocks makes some weird pieces that stick to lego,I have 2, 2x2 plates that are 2 plates thick with studs on the top and bottom.If you are a loyalist(like me)then you can use the lamp holder 1x1 4081a piece and just turn it sideways.