Sign in to follow this  
toorayay

MOC: Park West Building

Building realistic city buildings can be a chore when the most common brick color seems to be yellow, right?

Well, I managed to make good use of my bevy of yellow bricks with the Park West building.

parkwestmed.jpg

This is my first MOC to be posted on Eurobricks. More are soon to follow.

See more images in the brickshelf gallery:

very nice! I love the color of it actually, and all the details on the walls such as those beautiful gargoyles! Keep up the great work!

Drop Dead AWESOME ! :grin:

What a modular creation 'toorayay', looks like a 5 star hotel in New York or somewhere similar - the trim work is fantastic and that's a lot of yellow bricks you've got there too ! :wink:

Beautiful big windows, excellent job 'toorayay' and just....Brick On ! :grin:

Very elegant modular building, I love the cool combination of yellow and white. :wub: What a great way to introduce yourself toorayay, welcome and thanks for sharing this to EB! :thumbup: Looking forward seeing more of these types of creations from you.

Wow, for a first MOC that is just plain awesome! Like others have said, those gargoyles are a nice touch. As far as I've seen, never done before, nice job. I'm a big fan of yellow, so the color choice is spot on!

Wow, for a first MOC that is just plain awesome!

It's not a first MOC by any means...I've been out of my dark ages for several years and was almost exclusively a MOC-builder even as a child. It's just the first one I've posted here.

But the kind words are appreciated by all. I'll post some more stuff here soon.

Really excellent! Combined with white, yellow still looks great. :) Especially when built like in your building, so I'm looking forward to more...

Now you could add some nice interior at least on the ground floor to make it even better. :classic:

See it on Classic-Town.net

Welcome to Eurobricks! I can only hope you've got even MORE of those horrible horrible yellow bricks lying around... ;)

P.S.: I just have to ask in here as well: is it that my synapses are firing in all the wrong directions at this late hour or are you indeed a modular-building Dexys Midnight Runners fan?

Beat me to it. :wink:

Very nice job, toorayay! You've done a great job capturing the feel of this type of building perfectly. I hope to see more from you soon.

*oh2*

That's is totally awesome, you've used those yellow bricks great! :thumbup: I must have to try my own Mod style building sometime but I've got my hands full with a few mocs :wink:

Excellent :thumbup:

Welcome to Eurobricks! I can only hope you've got even MORE of those horrible horrible yellow bricks lying around... ;)

P.S.: I just have to ask in here as well: is it that my synapses are firing in all the wrong directions at this late hour or are you indeed a modular-building Dexys Midnight Runners fan?

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm flattered to have been blogged already!

The 'toorayay' is from an Irish lullaby, but yes, Dexy's Midnight Runners did borrow it for 'Come on Eileen'.

The 'toorayay' is from an Irish lullaby, but yes, Dexy's Midnight Runners did borrow it for 'Come on Eileen'.

:grin: In any case, it's an intriguing nickname. Besides, I always grin when I think of that song (who doesn't!)...