Sign in to follow this  
John475

Removed

We already have a pirate game that isn't getting new posts, do we really need to start another one because from what I am seeing these such games do not work very well. I think the last thing we need is to have another game that doesn't last very long.

At the end of last year I was running a so called Pirate text RPG game here and it was quite successful. However, due to over leanient rules the game got too out of hand and there were dragons and tanks entering the storyline. I decided that things had gone so far off track that I was going to resign, and not long aftewards so did everyone else.

Not a day later about 4 different new text RPG's sprung up but not one of them succeeded. A game can survive without graphix and its really sad that many children these days need photorealistic graphics to enjoy their games. I think what's most important is a good storyline and good game play - the users can invent their own graphics in their mind. Just like RPGs used to be played about 20 years ago.

To Phes: Me...

But what IronHook said, could be true, people want graphix!

I never said or made suggestion of graphix, I merely stated that games of this nature already exists so why do we need a new one? Don't get me wrong for I would love to play such a game that is stable and running but I am affraid you may not be able to make this happen Tole. I mean no offense to you but this is just a feeling I am having.

I've never heard of this RPG Maker XP but the screen shot you've provided does look interesting. I'll download and it check it out. I might even find it useful!