Could someone tell me what spare parts were left over, after building the main model. I have 2 L shaped liftarms, and around 7 black pins, with the usual leftovers.

Could someone tell me what spare parts were left over, after building the main model. I have 2 L shaped liftarms, and around 7 black pins, with the usual leftovers.

Looking at the BrickLink page for the 8070 it shows the Extra Items that come with the set, including the 2 x Red 3 x 5 L-Shape Liftarms and 8 x Black Technic Pins with Friction, and a few other small pieces. From memory, I also had these as extra items after building the A model. I would assume that these extra parts are used in the B model, but I haven't built it... yet.

Looking at the BrickLink page for the 8070 it shows the Extra Items that come with the set, including the 2 x Red 3 x 5 L-Shape Liftarms and 8 x Black Technic Pins with Friction, and a few other small pieces. From memory, I also had these as extra items after building the A model. I would assume that these extra parts are used in the B model, but I haven't built it... yet.

Thanks, I was worrying that I had built it wrong or forgotten something.

Click here to see a photo of my left overs.

Actually I had to swipe a size 6 axle from my parts, and I believe that the one missing was switch by the size 4 axle seen in my left overs picture.

Cumps

PS: The image is to big for so few, and I don't know how to resize pictures in this forum, since adding the "with=xxx" to the "img" tag does not work for me here, :hmpf_bad: so that's why I didn't place a direct link to the image.

Edited by Mortymore

I have just built the B-model, and those parts are indeed used within that model :thumbup:

Sorry if this was mentioned before...

Is there any difference in steering angles between old and new suspension parts (CV + new Steering CV Joint Axle + new steering arm), when there is drive + steer setup?

I have suspension from 8466 and it has pretty bad steering angle, how does perform new one on 8070?

@ Milan: The 8466 Offroader set has the steering angle below, and the 8070 seems to have about the same, 90-degree angle:

8466_7.jpgdsc_3214.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Thanks Dluders, but I meant...how much can steer 8466 driven/steered axle and how much can steer a vehicle using setup with new elements found on 8070 (and if it has driven/steered axle), and is there any difference.

Thanks Dluders, but I meant...how much can steer 8466 driven/steered axle and how much can steer a vehicle using setup with new elements found on 8070 (and if it has driven/steered axle), and is there any difference.

From memory and very unscientific testing, the maximum steering angles obtained seemed to be about the same, which I agree is pretty limited. However one big advantage with the new CV joints is that there is hardly any friction at all when being driven at it's maximum angle. I just wish TLG would modify the old hub part to get rid of all that unwanted friction between the hub and male CV joint.

I have now read this whole thread about 8070.

I have not started to build mine yet so I want to make sure I am doing it right from the start. Quite a people have commented on the "ugly" rear end and I have seen a few people who have done various things to try and make this look better. Would removing the PF totally and manually controlling the functions make any difference to this and allow a "nicer" back end shape?

Also for those who have built it any tips or tricks you picked up during the building process?

Paul

I have not started to build mine yet so I want to make sure I am doing it right from the start. Quite a people have commented on the "ugly" rear end and I have seen a few people who have done various things to try and make this look better. Would removing the PF totally and manually controlling the functions make any difference to this and allow a "nicer" back end shape?

Also for those who have built it any tips or tricks you picked up during the building process?

The building process is very straightforward since the instructions are split into so many tiny steps. You really can't screw it up and shouldn't even give it a second thought. As for mods, I recommend you form your own opinion. Build it per instructions first and see what you think. Try out the functions and look at the rear end and see if you think it needs changing. Then, if you still feel it should be changed, you can explore the options. Personally, I think changing from a motor to a crank would be a pretty good idea. You could then use a few extra panels to improve the look of the rear end.

Bought and built it a couple of days ago and I really like this model. The only things I don't like are:

• As has been mentioned, the back is not the prettiest but still ok.
  • You cannot steer the car with the steering wheel.

While building this did anybody find they were short one blue slotted pin? I was but lucky I had some spares in my parts bin I could use.

Paul

For those who have built this set up I have a question, when pushing it along the floor so that the wheels turn and the engine pistons move has anybody had the rod and gear behind the engine come off and stop the pistons moving? I had this over the weekend and it took me quite a while to find the problem, please see the photos below.

What I found with mine:

8070_EngineFault5.jpg

What it should look like:

8070_EngineFault.jpg

Parts removed to fix it:

8070_EngineFault9.jpg

Edited by Paul B

For those who have built this set up I have a question, when pushing it along the floor so that the wheels turn and the engine pistons move has anybody had the rod and gear behind the engine come off and stop the pistons moving? I had this over the weekend and it took me quite a while to find the problem, please see the photos below.

This is not terribly unusual. The Technic crankshaft part only grips the axle over a 1/2 stud length, so it does not hold very tight. Since the end of the axle is rounded, if it not pushed in completely all the way it can pop out under torque (the rounded end produces a component of axial thrust under torque). Luckily, you can just push it back in. Ideally, you should have a way to "capture" the axle so it cannot slide.

This is not terribly unusual. The Technic crankshaft part only grips the axle over a 1/2 stud length, so it does not hold very tight. Since the end of the axle is rounded, if it not pushed in completely all the way it can pop out under torque (the rounded end produces a component of axial thrust under torque). Luckily, you can just push it back in. Ideally, you should have a way to "capture" the axle so it cannot slide.

Thanks for the reply, this is the first time I have seen it happen. Has anybody tried to do something to fix it and stop it happening?

Paul

Thanks for the reply, this is the first time I have seen it happen. Has anybody tried to do something to fix it and stop it happening?

I've never tried to stop it by doing anything other than push the parts in real tight. That usually does the trick. It's usually not a big enough problem to do anything else.

By the way, I see that you've quoted me in your signature. I'm honored!