Sign in to follow this  
Ferrik

Lego Creator: Apple Tree House 5891 Review

I wasn't sure where to post this Creator set, so I posted it here.

Info:

Set #5891

Ages 7-12

Pieces: 539

Edited by Ferrik

Eurobricks doesn't have enough server space for everyone to upload images directly to the site. You're going to have to upload them to another image-sharing-site (Brickshelf and Flickr are my personal favorites) and deeplink them here.

Check out this tutorial about uploading to Brickshelf, and this one about deeplinking for reference.

I hope this answered your question. :classic:

Eurobricks doesn't have enough server space for everyone to upload images directly to the site. You're going to have to upload them to another image-sharing-site (Brickshelf and Flickr are my personal favorites) and deeplink them here.

Check out this tutorial about uploading to Brickshelf, and this one about deeplinking for reference.

I hope this answered your question. :classic:

Thanks very much

Edited by Ferrik

:thumbup: Set: 5891

Ages: 7-12

Theme: Creator

Pieces: 539

The Box

The front looks okay with a nice blue background and shows that you can build 3 different houses.

2011_photos_0.jpg

The back shows you the three houses.

2011_photos_017.jpg

The Instructions

2011_photos_018.jpg

This set comes with three instruction booklets one for each house. The instructions are easy to follow and not too complicated.

A page of the instructions:

2011_photos_018.jpg

Piece count:

2011_photos_019.5.jpg

Spare Parts

It leaves a bit of spare parts after building the large family house.

There's an extra 1x1 orange stud which is supposed to serve as a basketball, 2 1x1 grey studs, 1x1 red stud, 4x1 white piece and a few others:

2011_photos_021.jpg

Overview

The house looks quite nice with lots of detail which I will go into greater depht later. :sweet:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ferrik796/5891/2011_photos_022.jpg

Detailed look at house

Firstly, at the front, left, you can see a basketball hoop, a bush with yellow flowers, a grey driveway with the orange basketball, a red garage door, a light, window, satellite, pot plant, windows and doors. That blue roof looks great and really mathces with the rest of the house's white,red and grey wall.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ferrik796/5891/2011_photos_023.jpg

On the right of the front, you see some stepping stones leading to the house, lawnmower and mailbox with 2 letters. The lawnmover looks superb! :thumbup:

2011_photos_024.jpg

On the right side of the house you see a bench, a tap, another bush, red flowers and a tree.

2011_photos_025.jpg

On the back there's nothing much except a plain wall and a window of the attic upstairs.

2011_photos_026.jpg

And on the left side, there's a drainage pipe and another window of the attic.

2011_photos_027.jpg

On the roof a satellite points towards the sky and a chimney sits on the roof.

2011_photos_028.jpg

A part of the attic is easily detachable.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ferrik796/5891/2011_photos_029.jpg

The inside is very bare except for a ladder leading to the attic:

2011_photos_031.jpg

2011_photos_032.jpg

Underside of detachable part of attic

2011_photos_030.jpg

Minifigures

Like all creator sets apart from the Log Cabin, they don't come with minifigures. But if you have extra minifigs you can use them for this set.

The pictures below demonstrate how you can play with minifigures: :sweet:

Play basketball

2011_photos_039.jpg

Sit down or mow the lawn

2011_photos_040.jpg

Overall

This is quite a great set with many realistic details like the satellitel dish, basketball hoop and garage.

2011_photos_041.jpg

Ratings:

Pieces 8/10: The pieces are okay with the white piece used for the satellite being a rare piece. The blue roof looks excellent and the orange piece for the basketball hoop is rare, I think, correct me if I'm incorrect. The letters are great too.

Design 8/10[/b]: This set has been designed well with a great looking tree and bushes.

Interior 5/10[/b]: The interior is too bare for my liking, but of course there's room for a bit of furniture if you have any.

Play 7/10: There's not much playability in this set. Sure there's moving doors and windows, but it'll get boring soon for young children I think. But this set can be put on display and it looks nice like that.

Price 7/10: USD44.99 (about 0.08/piece) GBP(UK)40.99 (about 0.076/ piece) AUD79.99 (about 15c/piece) The price for each piece is okay I guess, but i think overall the set is a bit pricy.

Total: 7/10 The total is okay. The interior is just too bare and there's not enough play for the price it's sold at. But the house does look nice though, especially the satellite and garage.

Hope you liked my first review. :classic:

Please comment

Edited by Ferrik

Great review Ferrick :thumbup: I like this set a lot. I bought a couple to add to my redesigned city layout (eventually) I got them on eBay for a little less than what TLG charges. Liked this one more than the yellow house for its garage and suburbia look. I missed out on the big tan one with blue car, too expensive now, and the white and red w/ garage looks like it'll go on the farm. The basketball looks a little small though :tongue: Thanks for the review!

Nice review.

I got one myself, although a bit cheaper than the recommended price. And then it is really worth it, I think.

Houses are essential in a town and this one really fits in nicely.

Ok, I agree it doesn't have minifigs or an interior, but that is easily fixed.

Those pictures are far too big, Eurobricks allows a maximum picture size of 800x600 pixels.

Please resize these pictures soon, otherwise I'll have to remove them.

This index of helpful tutorials might be useful.

I'm really sorry hat they're too big. I'll try and fix it. The pictures become smaller after a bit of time though. I found it annoying too.

Those pictures are far too big, Eurobricks allows a maximum picture size of 800x600 pixels.

Please resize these pictures soon, otherwise I'll have to remove them.

This index of helpful tutorials might be useful.

I'll delete all the photos for now and when I'm finished rezsizing today I'll put them back on.

I might start a poll for this review, one day so everyone can vote. :thumbup:

I see no need to bump a 1+ year old topic for a comment like this. :sceptic:

Please avoid doing so in the future.

I see no need to bump a 1+ year old topic for a comment like this. :sceptic:

Please avoid doing so in the future.

Sorry, I just didn't go on Eurobricks for a long time and I wanted some comments on my review so I can improve.. :blush: