Sign in to follow this  
KimT

2012 Box Design Just Revealed

Shouldn't this thread be locked? These are Hasbro boxes.

Read the first page :wink:

No problemo.

This really isn't 2012 stuff, so let's just give it a topic of it's own instead :grin:

And for LEGO as well.

Everyone with a license use the same base box design.

Go to your toy store and compare Hasbro and LEGO Star Wars Toys and you'll see what I mean.

If this is the 2012 for Hasbro, then it's the same for LEGO.

I dunno, I'm still not sure if I like having a main character on the box art. I kind of liked the various clone trooper designs. Maybe some kind of droid or something for TPM? But I definitely like his pose and expression :thumbup:

And please don't lock this thread :tongue: , it's so cool to have a 2012 thread already :tongue:

Looks good! Still really doesnt have much to do with Lego at all but that doesnt really bother me, its just a box header after all. :laugh: Maul looks great and hopefully we get some great new EP I sets with the rerelease! :thumbup:

I prefer the 2008 clean white CW boxes over anything, but if this means we'll be getting more Episode I sets, then I'll take it. default_satisfied.gif

Also I don't know if this has been confirmed before, but in the article, the guy says that Savage Opress does indeed see Darth Maul in the crystal ball.

Yes, Savage Oppress did see Maul's image in a crystal ball in the CW episode Witches of the Mist. Though I think this box art is clearly due to the upcoming 3D release of TPM on 2012 and has really nothing to do with the CW series (unless he makes a significant appearance in the series).

689px-DarthMaul-WOTM.jpg

And is it just me, but Maul's face in the box art seems a bit 'too twisted at an awkward angle' at that pose. :sceptic:

It would appear I'm a bit late to this party, so I'll just say this is a pretty nice design, and I'm happy to get back to primary artwork that doesn't have a clone on it.

Of course, this doesn't mean we're getting Ep. 1 sets guaranteed (even though I think it will). This is Lucas Licensing's design for all toys, not just Ep. 1 toys. See the numerous OT sets with clones in their boxes.

It is really nice color-scheme and Darth Maul nicely fits in.

For me, it's just another SW box that I will keep.

Sets are important, not box.

I don't love it, but I didn't love the current one with the Clone either. It does seem to be more related to hyping up the re-release of the Phantom Menace next year rather than confirmation of Maul's return, but I still won't be surprised if that happens.

Instead of the DrthMl, it Should be Just a Random Miscellaneous Jedi or Sith!

Also, Please remove the First photo on the Original post, as that Is CLEARLY an action Figure box, not Lego, the 2nd Box is Probably Lego though....

Hmmm it's a good design. Not one of my favourites but it does make sense for the box-art to have a TPM Character because of the 3-D movie release next year. I just really hope it means more re-releases of the TPM line because there are still so many sets they could re-make for that Line and a few they haven't done before as well :thumbup:

Personally though I way prefer the Captain Rex one.

As a non-Sw collector I think this is not the best boxard we've had. First because I like the one from 2008 better, the on ewith the clone trooper helmet and those blue line. And second, I think Darth maul is a little bit scary for some parents (at least for mine :laugh: ) but that's just me. I just liked the 2008 version :classic:

And is it just me, but Maul's face in the box art seems a bit 'too twisted at an awkward angle' at that pose. :sceptic:

Yeah, his head looks twisted a little too far, but that wicked sneer makes up for it. Always good to see Darth Maul. Now if we could only get a minifig of Darth Talon, they'd go very well together.

1603559-janduursema.jpg

Yeah, his head looks twisted a little too far, but that wicked sneer makes up for it. Always good to see Darth Maul. Now if we could only get a minifig of Darth Talon, they'd go very well together.

1603559-janduursema.jpg

Whos that Frozen in that Carb-o-nite?!?!?!? ( Sing it. )

Edited by Lord Starkiller

This design is very nice. My favorite box design still is the original logo from 1999-2001. As for the people who think this art is just for the Hasbro toys, that is incorrect. The Rex design from 2010 was used on both LEGO and Hasbro boxes.

Strangely, I actually prefer this to the recent CW ones, as I prefer the live-action movies. Darth Maul looks weird but still. Now all we need is confirmation of WHAT the sets are (but that won't come for a while I guess)

PIICTURE OF DARTH TALON THAT I CUT OUT!

LOL, that Darth Talon, in my humble opinion, wouldnt look great as a minifigure. Those clouds in the background would make great box art though! :tongue:

Also, I'm hoping there is more white on the boxes, like on the second picture. The blue and the white blend really nicely together, I find.

This design is very nice. My favorite box design still is the original logo from 1999-2001. As for the people who think this art is just for the Hasbro toys, that is incorrect. The Rex design from 2010 was used on both LEGO and Hasbro boxes.

The same with the 2002-2003 boxes with the hands holding a lightsaber. (Both LEGO and action figures, I mean)

In fact, nearly all of the designs- except the early ones which were clearly LEGO-centered- were shared with Hasbro.

They don't look too bad. I'm a bit tired of the black color scheme and was enjoying the Rex art. Still not to shabby.

They don't look too bad. I'm a bit tired of the black color scheme and was enjoying the Rex art. Still not to shabby.

What black colour scheme? We had the Rex one, then before that the white Clone Trooper art. Unless you mean the tenth anniversary one, which was only on special sets.

What black colour scheme? We had the Rex one, then before that the white Clone Trooper art. Unless you mean the tenth anniversary one, which was only on special sets.

I meant the Darth Vader ones we had back in 2005.

Well it surely improves its predecesor, just curious how kids non-fans of SW will react to a "demon evil guy face" :devil::laugh: :laugh:

I guess everybody knows who is Darth Maul. :grin:

Edited by Niku

I certainly am tire of clones, clones, clones. Actually, It has always been Darth Vader and clones. I really like this Darth Maul one. :grin: (I'm still waiting for a stormtrooper one though)