Sign in to follow this  
siseon

My T-47 Snowspeeder

Wow! I think the general consensus here is that this is the best minifig scale T-47, and I'd have to agree. It's just perfect :thumbup:

It's just perfect :thumbup:

Mm*.

*Hey Brickdoctor, brickartist, maybe this is actually pointless and nobody really cares about how that area looks except for us...

Nice! It appears "heavier" and stronger than the official version which I own from the Wampa Attack set, for obvious reasons. The grey colour works surprisingly well for a vehicle that's mean to be white. :tongue:

Mm*.

*Hey Brickdoctor, brickartist, maybe this is actually pointless and nobody really cares about how that area looks except for us...

siseon evidently cares.

The grey colour works surprisingly well for a vehicle that's mean to be white. :tongue:

Uh, the T-47 is grey.

siseon evidently cares.

Right. At least one person is listening to us.

Uh, the T-47 is grey.

Dirty white. But as with the X-wing and the Y-wing, LEGO white is too clean, so gray fits the look better.

Regarding the bit about the 33 slope bricks for the repulsor drive units, another alternative if siseon were to move the slope brick on the outside inward such that the flat area is two studs in width. Of course, this would require him to omit the braking flaps, but you can't really capture them accurately at this scale anyway... and it would certainly look better than having a large blocky area sticking out from under the wing.

That's explained in the last line of my signature. You did request, so... expect a PM from me soon. :devil:

On the other hand, is that an X-wing I see in the background? :oh: Pictures, pictures...

Thanks for the PM. I'll try and incorporate your thoughts on the next round. Although there may be some wait in order since I am in search of new parts to try out.

Yes! that is an x-wing in the background... but that thing is so busted up proportionally that I am looking to rebuild it from scratch since it is based off of the LEGO 6212. :blush:

Regarding the bit about the 33 slope bricks for the repulsor drive units, another alternative if siseon were to move the slope brick on the outside inward such that the flat area is two studs in width. Of course, this would require him to omit the braking flaps, but you can't really capture them accurately at this scale anyway... and it would certainly look better than having a large blocky area sticking out from under the wing.

I will probably not go that far. I think one of the most defining features of the T-47 are the brake flaps. I think by deleting them would certainly take the "soul" away from what makes it a T-47. :wink:

Thanks for the PM. I'll try and incorporate your thoughts on the next round. Although there may be some wait in order since I am in search of new parts to try out.

Yes! that is an x-wing in the background... but that thing is so busted up proportionally that I am looking to rebuild it from scratch since it is based off of the LEGO 6212. :blush:

No problem. It's nice when people take my suggestions into account.

You're right about that X-wing being pretty poorly proportioned, though; I can think of three or four things I'd change from that wing shot alone. I'm glad someone else shares my opinion of 6212.

I will probably not go that far. I think one of the most defining features of the T-47 are the brake flaps. I think by deleting them would certainly take the "soul" away from what makes it a T-47. :wink:

I thought so. Maybe there's a way to incorporate both; minifigure neck brackets could work.

Great combination of some fantastic MOCers T-47's, as well as adding your own personal touch.

Great job :thumbup: