Sign in to follow this  
Commodore Hornbricker

Which French Soldier do you prefer?

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which French Soldier Do You Prefer?

• Soldier with RED Pants
    • Soldier with WHITE Pants
    • I cannot vote for any Bluecoat!

I have been doing some army building lately. It is something I always end up doing when I don't have the time for a larger building project. I can't decide which version of my French Soldier I like better and decided to get some feed back. Plus I haven't posted anything in ages and didn't want to be forgotten.

5468188033_aa4345bc2d.jpg

For Napoloenic area use:

- white for line infantry

- dark blue for light infantry and artillery

If you are more going for the 1870s then use the red one

:)

Awww, dont worry, you havent been forgotten, at least i havent. :pir_laugh2: I have missed you a bit, so good to see at you still logg in some times.

But on to the topic, i like the white legs much more than the red ones. I think it looks much more better than the redones, even at the red pants were used in French army once. Oh, and if you dont know yet, (Sorry, this is again a bit off topic. Wont do this again!) Got the cards wich you sended. :pir-classic: Just wanted you to know that.

Captain Becker

I voted for the "White" pants, but I really like the red ones too. I feel however, that the red pants (all realism aside) would be a bit "too much" if there were an entire army of them. I would recommend using the "Red" pants on maybe your color guard or even on officers to distinguish them and give them a special look. :bonaparte:

Yeah, the red pants are more typical of the mid 1800's. They belong to the Zouave uniform:

french-zouaves.jpg

The white britches are the best for an earlier impression :classic:

White pants all the way!

should this be in the "Pirate MOC" section though?

It looks like white is the overwhelming victor. I have to agree, though there is something interesting about the red pants. I hated them at first but they kind of grew on me. I am going to do 50 with red pants and 150 with white pants.

My armies aren't really meant to be copies of the real thing. I like them to still have more of a Lego pirates theme feel. Thanks for the feed back everyone! Here is a quick picture of the current state of the new French army and my new Spanish army as they are being built up. I need more epaulettes. I always need more epaulettes!

5474233854_43ce10af15_z.jpg

You really mean business with your army building project! Its not very often that we get to see a big Spaniard army. How many are there?

Plus I haven't posted anything in ages and didn't want to be forgotten.

You.....forgotten? :pir-laugh:

You really mean business with your army building project! Its not very often that we get to see a big Spaniard army. How many are there?

You.....forgotten? pirate_laugh_new.gif

I haven't made the final count yet but there should be about 250 in the new French Army and about the same number in the Spanish. I have lots of extra gold hooks. I forgot I'd have to replace those with hands on all those torsos! I just ordered another batch of red and black epaulettes and heads so at some point I just need about 500 muskets and the armies should be complete, although I may come up a little short on plain shakos too.

I voted for red. :pir-classic:

I think you could use red as sort of elite while white are just normal soldiers. :pir-sceptic:

5474233854_43ce10af15_z.jpg

So many hulls. :pir-cry_happy: Are you building with them all or are you just saving them in case you have an idea. :pir-sceptic:

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead

So many hulls. :pir-cry_happy:

Yeah, doesn't look like building a fleet is easy; and even less like the Commodore is going to finish it any time soon. :pir-hmpf_bad:

But it's a very ambitious project and that's just what this forum needs! Let's hope we're going to see more of it.