rgbrown

No building for a while

off topic for the forum I know, but spare a thought for my city, Christchurch, New Zealand, which has just been rocked by a pretty nasty earthquake. My family and friends are ok, but there've been a number of fatalities. And the house is a shambles :(

And the house is a shambles :(

The important thing is that your family's okay. :classic: Best of luck getting back to building!

Material things can be rebuilt, im glad to hear your relatives and yourself are ok, life is the most valuable thing we have.

Hope a majority of the people in your country is ok. :thumbup:

I am sorry to hear NZ is suffering from another earthquake again... I hope the residents are safe and casualties are kept to the minimum level.

Meanwhile, I will move this to our Community Forum.

Thinking of you rgbrown and everyone else in CHCH! Praying for you all!

For those who don't know the death toll is 65 and 200 not found or trapped.

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

My thoughts go to all the EB kiwis that are going through this ordeal. The scale of destruction seems to be quite important, as is the number of lost lives. I had a chance to visit Christchurch and many parts of the South Island a few years ago, and it was a most memorable trip.

To echo the above posters, all best thoughts and wishes to those affected, and their friends and family.

Good luck on the long road to rebuilding after such a horrific event.

Good to hear you and your family are fine, I am up in Palmerston North and spent most of yesterday afternoon glued to facebook and cellphone waiting to hear from friends down in Chch

also good to know people's thoughts are with you

Watching the News is it looks really devastating. I hope everyone can get back on their feet quickly down there. All of us in NZ are definitely mourning.

My sympathies to everyone involved. A terrible occurrence.

I hope they find more people alive and that Christchurch recovers as soon as possible from this tragedy.

Edited by AussieJimbo

It's good to hear you and your family are alright. I just heard on the news that so many people have died. Good luck for you, get back on track soon! :thumbup:

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, we really appreciate it. I hope those kiwis of you out there have heard from your friends and relatives down here.

The city is basically in shock. Most houses have no water, the sewage system is broken, and half the city is still without power. I'm fortunate - I moved my family out to the inlaws house about 30km north of the city, where we have water.

Ironically, I was giving a lecture at the university when it hit. I had just finished the safety briefing and promised the class that of course we wouldn't actually have an earthquake today ...

Edited by rgbrown

It's very sad that your house is a mess, but at least your friends and family are okay. I really hope that your house gets fixed soon, and that all the other people in NZ are alright.

Really is a terrible thing to happen. :sceptic:

One of my friend's friend's mum was killed, and another friend's neighbour's aunt was trapped and had to be amputated and she had to give birth at the same time, the baby isn't expected to survive. :sad:

I saw this in the news, I hope the firemen we brits sent are doing a good job, my heart goes out those that lost their lives or lost family.

Very sad. Glad to hear you and your family are ok (well at least as ok as you can be after something like this). Sounds like a lot of others are hurt pretty bad. I hope more people are found alive also.