Sign in to follow this  
KimT

[ARTICLE] Star Wars Theme Zone at LEGOWorld

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

So during my visit Saturday and Sunday, I went to the Star Wars Theme Zone more than once.

It was pretty cool and surely aimed at the main target group - kids :laugh:

They had members of the Danish Star Wars Loge there dressed up as Jedi and Stormies.

Kids could fight a Jedi in a deadly duel and then be awarded a small prize - the White Boba Fett minifig - when they've 'defeated' their opponent.

There was a Cinema area where you could watch Revenge of The Brick and almost every Star Wars ad from the past 2 years.

5462005609_1674272aaa.jpg

They also had plenty of free-build space tables, where you could build whatever you pleased.

The free-build tables were filled with parts from different Star Wars Sets, especially the parts from Slave1 were easy to spot.

Several Boba Fett minifigs there - just not on Saturday.

They all "dissappeared" on Thursday which was day 1.

I don't blame the kids though - I think I'd do the same if I was their age.

5461998013_1b268d3efa.jpg

5462603460_a86e8872e9.jpg

They also had a bunch of upscaled minifigs - Boba Fett, Yoda, Luke, Anakin, Stormtrooper, Kit Fisto and a few more.

5461989997_fcf5b915d1.jpg

5462591832_3899256f33.jpg

5461992115_0c7f9b319e.jpg

5461993175_3745e15413.jpg

5462597280_78b2421cda.jpg

The coolest thing was that kids could sign up to build a set with a real LEGO Star Wars designer.

A pretty neat thing to do - when I was there they build the 2 battle packs - I guess they had to keep it small to get the most people through.

5462004201_097ff83bb8.jpg

5462607526_f220f55f22.jpg

One of the guys sitting there was Chris - who was really friendly and after talking to him, I was sorry I only caught him on his break between kids building with designers. First of all because I snatched his break, but also because it was great talking to him about LEGO Star Wars and such. I hope to get to speak with him again some day.

And that was basically it.

A great place with some very friendly people :thumbup:

5461988699_1ea2f8fbd2.jpg

5461994423_8951576e5c.jpg

5462595994_5f0191632a.jpg

5462000581_9450e0e71c.jpg

5462602076_100a700462.jpg

Is it just me, or did they make the upscaled minifigs skinnier? They (especially the legs) look out of proportion.

Is it just me, or did they make the upscaled minifigs skinnier? They (especially the legs) look out of proportion.

Perhaps.

They still look cool to me - proportion is not important, is it? :grin:

That's pretty cool, I would love to go to something like this, thanks for sharing it with us KinT.

proportion is not important, is it? :grin:

Maybe not for cartoonists or for toy companies with bad molds and cheap, deformed plastic, but for LEGO?

EDIT: Actually, it looks like they tried to make them more like real humans. That's okay in some cases, like Boba's textured armor, but things like Luke's nose looks weird.

Edited by Brickdoctor

It sure looks like you had fun! Wish I could have been there to get one of those white Boba Fetts.... Anyways, those up scaled minifigures look great! Okay the legs not so much but whatever.

i think the legs just got longer...

I wish I can actually attend one of these in the near future :cry_sad:

Thanks for sharing 'KimT', I too wish I could attend one of these and I think the legs are longer so all the detail of each figure would be easier to see for more than 1 kid or is LEGO finally worried about proportions ! :laugh:

Brick On with the Force everyone ! :grin:

Hello!

Thank you for the inspiring report. It feels like having really been there, which is great as I only travel to real events. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great coverage Kim, thanks for sharing this. It's really nice to see the various events that took place there, I'm pretty sure the kids had loads of fun attending the event.

They also had a bunch of upscaled minifigs - Boba Fett, Yoda, Luke, Anakin, Stormtrooper, Plo Koon and a few more.

I think you meant Kit Fisto, as I don't see Plo Koon there. :wink:

Several Boba Fett minifigs there - just not on Saturday.

They all "dissappeared" on Thursday which was day 1.

I don't blame the kids though - I think I'd do the same if I was their age.

I would have too. :tongue:

I think you meant Kit Fisto, as I don't see Plo Koon there. :wink:

Yeah, I was wondering about that, I was gonna say something but you beat me to it :tongue:

I would have too. :tongue:

Your not alone, I was fighting the urge to take my cousins Boba Fett, and I already had one! :laugh: Yeah I probably would've done the same, were there any Bossk's? I would've taken those too, uh, I feel so bad :blush:

Looks like you had a fun day Kim! Man, I wish I could have been there, that free build table looked fun, I agree with sok, would have taken the boba's and bossk's :blush:

So where they designing future sets with kids or just building the current ones with them? That would have been fun!

Some lovely pics Kim! :thumbup:

CF

That's awesome! I would've taken my sister to fight the Jedi over and over again to get as many white Bobas as possible :tongue:

Thay had White Bobas? i wish i was there! but i live in the UK.

Was Boba Fett the Onlt Minifig in the Free Build zone?

Edit*

OMG! looked at the Pic, and i saw a Shaak Ti! or was it a Young Padawan of Anakins.....

Edited by Lord Starkiller

Thay had White Bobas? i wish i was there! but i live in the UK.

Was Boba Fett the Onlt Minifig in the Free Build zone?

Edit*

OMG! looked at the Pic, and i saw a Shaak Ti! or was it a Young Padawan of Anakins.....

What? I have no idea what you're asking? :sceptic:

Sorry, Didnt see the Typo, Was Boba Fett the only Minifigure in the Building Table Zone thing?

Nope, they've split up a bunch of star wars sets and people could build from that.

From what I could see they had plenty of Slave1's there.

I guess the minifigs "disappeared" on Thursday when LEGOWorld started.

I know from 2010 that they rip up complete sets directly from the boxes to fill the "Free build Zone".

I wish they'd let me snatch the figs before the public gets in - but where's the fun in that for those kids just there to play and not steal?