The Yellow Brick

WIP MOC - Lego City

Glad you're back, and I'm looking forward to future updates!

Are you going to include the police station (7498) in the layout, and buy other sets which you didn't buy previously, such as the CITY Harbour and Hillside House?

Yes, Hopefully any sets that havn't been included (Except the giant merry-go-round, Thats abit to big to put in)

I do have the harobur actually but its only half built so I need to finish that off soon aswell.

WOW! I've used your pictures as an example to lay out my own town. Pictures will follow ASAP

Edited by Robbie

indexed.gif Layouts

It's been quite awhile since I've posted in this topic and here are the pictures of the harbour finally added to the city.

I abandoned my City for a couple of months and when I returned it was extremely dirty (Found a few cob webs in some buildings default_look.gif) so after awhile of going around it with a hoover and a brush I managed to clean it up. ready for its redesign (you will see why I want to soon)

6735503433_0e82fd0b18.jpg

As you can see the Hillside house and the harbour have been added finally after sitting on a shelf for months. I had a small problem getting the house in properly as the table's raised slightly making the house rock. so thats something I need to sort out soon!

6735486279_de51d4bd08.jpg

The back side of the house, the baseplate the ice-cream shop on looks quite strange there now default_huh.gif, I want to try and move that near or next to the beach more as it's beginning to look out of place.

6735477383_8c0195c6e6.jpg

Nothing much has changed down this end except the addtion of the recycling bins that came in the 4206 Recycling Truck.

However I've encountered a small problem with the harbour default_oh3.gif

6735494721_e921630a00.jpg

As you can see the ship cannot fit into the actually dock area. This is one of the reasons why the farm will be going underneath the City and I'm going to move the harbour down to the other side where the farm used to be.

But for now I guess it's going to be a shipless harbour.

Remember to leave any suggestions or comments on the City default_classic.gif

Still looks great 'TYB', that last images is funny. :laugh: Perhaps double parking your ships might help ?! :laugh:

Brick On 'TYB' ! :classic:

Great update, I love the place where the Hillside House is!

Are you gonna be getting the 10224 Town Hall?

Thats an amazing project, any chance of some overview pics so we can see the whole place in all its beauty?

Great update, I love the place where the Hillside House is!

Are you gonna be getting the 10224 Town Hall?

Oh course I will! just need to make some space for it default_laugh2.gif

Great MOC!

Can you show details of the beach?

There are some close up shots of the beach on page 12. If you want any specific close ups feel free to ask default_blink.gif

Thats an amazing project, any chance of some overview pics so we can see the whole place in all its beauty?

I'll try and take some and put them up soon (its quite hard as its in such a small room) default_thumbup.gif

There are some close up shots of the beach on page 12. If you want any specific close ups feel free to ask default_blink.gif

Thanks, I didn't saw that pics. I think I understand how did you do. It's fantastic!

I love how your city is so big and spread out. I'm very jealous of all your space, I mainly just have one table for my town and a shelf for the sets that don't fit or go with the town. :classic:

Its very interesting to see how your layout develops. It gives me loads of inspiration for when I get that stupid radiator into my soon-to-be lego-room! :D