Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Train 12 Volts

Bricklink Lego Train & Town

Hi everyone,

since I have found bricklink on the web five years ago I spend every month more than 200 euros :sceptic: but how much cash can you spend without raising a red flag? *oh2*

I wonder how the average bricklink user spends.

Personally I have also some problems in accumulate so much Lego stuff! :sing:

So here the final question: when you see a beautiful masterpiece on brickshelf (or on the web) with milions little pieces don't you also think "How much does it cost?"

Hi everyone,

since I have found bricklink on the web five years ago I spend every month more than 200 euros :sceptic: but how much cash can you spend without raising a red flag? *oh2*

I wonder how the average bricklink user spends.

Personally I have also some problems in accumulate so much Lego stuff! :sing:

So here the final question: when you see a beautiful masterpiece on brickshelf (or on the web) with milions little pieces don't you also think "How much does it cost?"

I found it around the same time also but only the past year has my ordering been month to month.

I make about 2 orders a month averaging 15 to 25 dollars a month mostly key pieces to my MOCs.

I don't go too crazy cause I'm on my own not set in my money making career yet. :grin:

My switcher loco MOC is main one right now but all that's left is custom decals.

I have a few one other small ones that I'm working on.

I've ordred only one set so far and that's 4563 from Europe (shipping was pricey!)

My storage problems are being solved while I set up my new layout in my new place. :sweet:

When I see moutains and muti-layer layouts that's when the thought of how much that would cost to replicate!? :hmpf:

Edited by vgsprites

When I found out about Brick link last year, I actually started spending less money on Lego, because I could order what I want and for a good price too.

The other way before was through E-Bay and I think one month I managed to spend at least £200 on actual sets, so brick link was a god send and has actually saved me a lot of money Usually I buy around three orders a month ranging from about £6 to £20 I don't like spending too much especially on the minimum buy shops.

I have a big garage for all my storage of sets so I no longer worry about that but yes I do think about how much a lot of MOC's cost especially those modular buildings, I even thought that about 'LEGO Train 12 volts' set up even though mine is not that much smaller looking at it all set out make's you go ooooh. :thumbup:

I fact whilst typing this I have just received a bricklink order from the post. :sweet:

Edited by Gareth

Sometimes I go nuts on Bricklink, sometimes not. I guess in all my time there I've averaged around an order per month, but then I also had a several year "mini dark ages" gap.

Yes, I often think about how much a MOC costs; the little ones are more impressive to me because people often have to use a lot more creativity using just a handful of pieces. Those super large MOCs are sometimes impressive only because of their size.

I also get annoyed at TLG themselves; last year they had the commercial with the father and son building a house in time lapse, and it was a really cool commercial, but good luck getting all those pieces from TLG... even if you could manage it, it would probably cost upwards of $1000.00 based on S@H PAB prices... and before anyone mentions BL w.r.t. that commercial, do you really think that's what TLG was intending?

T LG pick a brick prices are a bit high and the choice is a bit limited, but there are some things you can find on there cheaper than Brick link black windows for example and train doors.

I think I have a problem... I average $500-600 for sets thru eBay or LS@H a month:wacko: BL is much lower maybe $5-$10. Never used PAB, way to expensive. I don't have time to build many MOCs anymore.. or space. Picked a second job to cover my "get what I want" money. 2009 was car parts, 2010 back in LEGO. This year, looking like more LEGO (new city sets :classic: )

Hi everyone,

I bought a lot on eBay and bricklink few years ago, but lately, I can't find good eBay deals anymore (a good deal meaning: buying a used set at a price that is lower than the price of a new set).

But the biggest problem is where to put it. I've sold a few items just to free up some space, and decided I would stop buying trains.

However, I won't be able to stick with that decision because of the color scheme in the new train 10219. I see LEGO's strategy: they're making items that look so good that you can't help but buy them even if you don't have room for it.

I think I have a problem... I average $500-600 for sets thru eBay or LS@H a month:

I bought a lot on eBay and bricklink few years ago, but lately, I can't find good eBay deals anymore (a good deal meaning: buying a used set at a price that is lower than the price of a new set).

But the biggest problem is where to put it. I've sold a few items just to free up some space, and decided I would stop buying trains.

However, I won't be able to stick with that decision because of the color scheme in the new train 10219. I see LEGO's strategy: they're making items that look so good that you can't help but buy them even if you don't have room for it.

Hi Leg Godt Gud, you make me smile, your name is a guarantee! :laugh:

Like you, Hoeij and other guys I spend money on bricklink or on ebay (more cheap but less usefull to find single pieces).

For 2011 I've decided to stop buying LEGO trains but Teddy's BR01-1075 and LEGO Maersk 10219 are too beautiful to ignore them ...so I'm completely addicted by LEGO! :wacko:

The question is not correct,iI think you have to ask how much you spend for LEGO train(stop).

Because there is a lot of way to spend money for that,

I have quit for a little because in september I find,near myhome one colmplete collection,and I buy it,only for 1500 eurodefault_huh.gif .

Now we are in Feb,and in Gen I find another complete collection for 1250 Euro oh2.gif

Is something like six month i clean old LEGO models,city and train.

In briclkink i don't spend to much,because i need only some small parts to compete some set where this are missing.

And Everything i write here nobody have to tell to my GF...I think she don't appriciatedefault_blink.gif

I've been a member of Bricklink for over ten years, and I've only placed a few hundred orders, so I really don't go too crazy. However lately, the amount of money I have available to spend is directly related to how many Train MOC instructions I sell on Bricklink. I've turned my LEGO hobby into a self-sustaining thing - I come up with a new set of instructions for my BL shop, people buy it, and I can build a new train MOC.

So the more of my instructions I sell, the more I spend on Bricklink. Sometimes its only $20 in 3 months, sometimes its a few hundred. Usually get my large number of orders when I release a new set.

--Tony

Edited by SavaTheAggie

I've been a member of Bricklink for over ten years, and I've only placed a few hundred orders, so I really don't go too crazy. However lately, the amount of money I have available to spend is directly related to how many Train MOC instructions I sell on Bricklink. I've turned my LEGO hobby into a self-sustaining thing - I come up with a new set of instructions for my BL shop, people buy it, and I can build a new train MOC.

So the more of my instructions I sell, the more I spend on Bricklink. Sometimes its only $20 in 3 months, sometimes its a few hundred. Usually get my large number of orders when I release a new set.

--Tony

What's you'r bricklink shop called I might pop on and take a look. :grin:

Hi Leg Godt Gud, you make me smile, your name is a guarantee! :laugh:

Like you, Hoeij and other guys I spend money on bricklink or on ebay (more cheap but less usefull to find single pieces).

For 2011 I've decided to stop buying LEGO trains but Teddy's BR01-1075 and LEGO Maersk 10219 are too beautiful to ignore them ...so I'm completely addicted by LEGO! :wacko:

Thanks LEGO Trains 12 Volts. EBay is definitely the cheapest way for me to get newly released city sets. It IS much easier to me, than driving out to Wal-Mart, TRU, or Target and hoping to find a deal or mark down. I can't believe your putting a hiatus on expanding your train collection! :cry_sad: Gotta at least get the Maersk. I plan on getting as many of those as I can. Only plan on keeping 2 but, the resale WILL BE ridiculous when those are discontinued. Nice little investment idea, I think. Are you planing on buying city sets to fill in the spaces throughout your layout?

What's you'r bricklink shop called I might pop on and take a look. :grin:

He has a link in his sig :wink:

And Everything i write here nobody have to tell to my GF...I think she don't appriciatedefault_blink.gif

Hi Gioppa, this sound completely insane and absolutely cool! :laugh:

I hope you will share some pictures of your train collection...

Thanks LEGO Trains 12 Volts. EBay is definitely the cheapest way for me to get newly released city sets. It IS much easier to me, than driving out to Wal-Mart, TRU, or Target and hoping to find a deal or mark down. I can't believe your putting a hiatus on expanding your train collection! :cry_sad: Gotta at least get the Maersk. I plan on getting as many of those as I can. Only plan on keeping 2 but, the resale WILL BE ridiculous when those are discontinued. Nice little investment idea, I think. Are you planing on buying city sets to fill in the spaces throughout your layout?

My 12 volts train collection is complete, now I'm try to realize a new RC layout ...so I need that new maersk train! :tongue:

I've already a lot of city set (as you can see at the link below)

Brickset

but the space is not enough to put train and town set together :look:

My 12 volts train collection is complete, now I'm try to realize a new RC layout ...so I need that new maersk train! :tongue:

I've already a lot of city set (as you can see at the link below)

Brickset

but the space is not enough to put train and town set together :look:

You do indeed have your work cut out for putting that all into a single room. I have the same problem.. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=458607 *huh* Need... new... house :laugh:

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

This year I haven't bought anything yet, but last year I spent about 5000 euros on BL and probably more a year before...