Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Review - 3648 Police Chase

index2.jpg

I walked into Target Newton this morning and saw this........

3648_1.jpg

LEGO City - 3648 Police Chase

3648_2.jpg

So that was the back, here are the stat's.....

Set No. - 3648

Set Name - Police Chase

No. of parts - 173

No. of minifigs - 3

Price - $ 39.00 (Target Aust.) 18.99 GBP

Links - Brickset Lego S@H

Lets start with what's in the box.

3648_3.jpg

Next the DSS.

3648_4.jpg

Empty bag 1 and see what we have.

3648_5.jpg

Well, we at least one printed part. :wink:

3648_6.jpg

Now for the long arm of the law....but why can't Lego do a female police torso ?

3648_7.jpg

Now quickly the trike, my least favorite part of the set.

3648_8.jpg

Okay, from lame to VERY COOL.....the police car.

3648_9.jpg3648_10.jpg3648_11.jpg3648_12.jpg

3648_13.jpg3648_14.jpg

3648_16.jpg

See what I mean, the coolest looking police car ever in either town or city ! :grin:

The pair together,

3648_17.jpg

Next the speeding sports car, but first lets empty bag 2.

3648_18.jpg

Now here he come...here come's Speed Racer ! :laugh:

3648_19.jpg

Better build his car eh ? :wink:

3648_20.jpg

Oh, here....quickly a new part.

3648_21.jpg

3648_22.jpg3648_23.jpg3648_24.jpg

3648_25.jpg

3648_26.jpg

Oops I forgot the sticker on the bonnet.....my bad (I'll post it later). :blush:

This is a speed camera, different....works for me.....it's Lego ! :laugh:

3648_27.jpg

The street corner, though missing a street light, rubbish bin and a female street worker (if you know what I mean !) :devil:

3648_28.jpg

Leftovers now.

3648_29.jpg

Altogether now, Speed burning rubber, the trike off to pre-school and the female officer wishing for a visit from Extreme Makeover...she wouldn't mind the body of woman ! :laugh:

3648_30.jpg

Now to rate this, let's see.

Design - 4/5, why so high - the cars are cool and some different ideas applied with some old, but it's works and works well ! :grin:

Build - 3.5/5, easy build, though with what I said above, both vehicles have there differences. The camera, cute.....the trike....Meh and street corner, it's okay - that was done in under a minute.

Price - 3/5, oh....we are going down arent we eh ? 39.00 Au (39.99 S@H) a bit much for two cars and a trike....one sports car was 12 dollars. I believe this is between 5 to 10 bucks over priced. :look:

Minifigs - 3/5, (the cop car is carrying this set) the figures are just okay, nothing new, heads, hair, torso's and legs all seen before except Speed's legs that green - dark but different. Again I'll say it....a female uniform torso.....PLEASE Lego, well I can custom one I guess ! :wink:

Totals - 13.5/20.....yep, it's the cop car that carries this set.

I hope you all enjoy reading this review, hopefully I'm getting better at these.

Brick On Everyone !

Edited by Zorbas
Indexed

This is a set that I've really been looking forward to, I'm sure I'll snap it up the first time I see it. Your pictures are very clear and your review is well organized. Thanks for sharing with those of us who haven't been as fortunate! :wink:

Nice review. Doesn't really have any parts in it that make it worth buying though (have no interest whatsoever in the trike or the sports car and the cop car, I have all the parts I need to replicate it right here plus I build 6-wide and not 4-wide :)

Thanks for this neat review LT! This is certainly one of the few 2011 CITY sets that I really anticipate, and judging from the review the cars certainly don't disappoint. I really like how TLG finally figured out how to effectively combine those curved slopes and pieces to give us two sleek-looking cars. Combined with a tri-bike, two policeman and one bad guy, this is truly one set that I know every kid would really enjoy playing.

Great review lightningtiger :thumbup: Can't wait til this set hits U.S. shores. The sports car looks a lot cooler from the rear, had no idea. Price looks s****y tho :sceptic:

Great review lightningtiger :thumbup: Can't wait til this set hits U.S. shores. The sports car looks a lot cooler from the rear, had no idea. Price looks s****y tho :sceptic:

Don't worry mate, you'll probably get it at US$19.95 RRP.

:classic: :classic:

Very nice review lightningtiger, thanks. :thumbup:

This set looks very nice and it's a great way of getting three vehicles at one go. The cars' design looks very interesting and I particularly like the police one since it looks different from what we had in the past.

I really don't mind that there is a trike included (it's most welcomed in fact) because I never had one and now is my chance of getting one. The street corner is also a nice addition that prevents the set from looking "empty". After all, what's a police chase if there is no drifting included? :wink:

The biggest -and most pleasant- surprise in this year's Police line is the printed tile. That's good! :sweet:

Great review for a great set! I own this set and I agree with you that the cars in it are well designed and look good. :thumbup:

Very well done on the review. :classic:

~buddy~

I can't wait for the set to make it's way to the states! My town needs another stoplight. Any word on this set? Is it going to be a Wal Mart exclusive? I noticed LT got his at Target...hmmm. Your pictures make me want this set even more, nuke review. I also am welcoming the trike. I had plenty of them before, but currently don't.

great Review LT, i totally agree with the price, its a bit steep!! but them's is the breaks...

I can't wait for the set to make it's way to the states! My town needs another stoplight. Any word on this set? Is it going to be a Wal Mart exclusive?

No, I think it's going to be available at Target, Toys "R" Us, Kmart, Meijer, and ShopKo, as well.

...And, if you live in Canada, it will be available at Zellers and Toys "R" Us, as well as Walmart Canada.

Edited by Justin

Was thinking about this set today... Are we ever gonna see it stateside?? Certainly thought it'd be gathering dust on the shelves by now. Christmas, perhaps?

Well, here in Australia it was a Target exclusive.....even though not linked, it might be a Target USA one as well.....I would suggest a phone call to Target and ask.

Was thinking about this set today... Are we ever gonna see it stateside?? Certainly thought it'd be gathering dust on the shelves by now. Christmas, perhaps?

It's been out at Walmart for a few weeks now for $24.97. I'm sure it's also at the Lego stores and S@H.

Have looked at this a few times, its a "Special Edition" in Aus, but $40 put me off it pretty quickly, but those pics just made me regret not buying it. The traffic lights look good but are so cheap to make yourself its not funny. But who could pass on a cop car that looks that good. Thankyou for the awesome review, hope its not sold out when i get the cash to buy it.

Good review LT. Interesting to see that the rear end design of the police car is almost the same as the police car that was included in the first run of spiderman sets. I always liked that car, and I like the fast back look to this one, although I'm still not really a fan of the truck tires on cars. It just doesn't work for me and I think there is a much better solution. But anyway, I almost pulled the trigger on this set myself last week but instead bought an alien invasion set for my brother(which I got to build and am a bit upset I didn't get one for myself as well)