ED-209

Lego USB Zombie

A fairly simple little mod: strip plastic housing from a small USB flash drive, hollow out a cavity in a pair of Lego legs, glue the two together and give 'im a torso. The flash drive is housed entirely within the legs, so the hips still move and I can switch over the torso and I've got a USB dragon knight, USB mime, USB Darth Vader, USB Batman, etc.

USBZombie03.jpg

USBZombie02.jpg

I've been thinking about making a cap for the exposed plug out of a 2x2 brick, so it would look similar to the minifig magnets when capped.

Any thoughts or feedback is most welcome! :grin:

Very well done! It's surprising there isn't already something like this out in the market. I'm not sure which figure I'd use if I made one of those.

Nice. Better than the official Lego version. Although the lego version does hide the USB part in the legs. It is a trade off.

Very cool! I thing that TLG makes these, but they can barely hold anything worthwhile and aren't made of real minifigures.

I've been thinking about making a cap for the exposed plug out of a 2x2 brick, so it would look similar to the minifig magnets when capped.

Perhaps you can try to put the usb thing in the torso piece and use the legs as a cap. Great idea anyway :thumbup:

Great idea! It looks good and it is great that you can change the minifig that goes on it. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks everyone! My apologies for not having a chance to reply sooner!

This is a great idea!! Can you show us the back of those legs so we can see how the USB fits into it?

is it possible you can show a picture of the back?!

Certainly, it's not as tidy as the front I'm afraid. The USB is fractionally too thick to fit completely within the leg cavity, so it's partially exposed in the rear. Shaving/filing the front and rear "walls" of the legs, perhaps to half thickness on each side might work, but I was concerned it would weaken the structural integrity too much.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Hope that makes it clearer for anyone else planning on making one! :grin:

Great idea! It looks good and it is great that you can change the minifig that goes on it. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

Thank you, but what's this? A legless ninja sneaking up on our zombie?

03b.jpg

And... attack!

04.jpg

The luckless zombie crawls away, the ninja now the proud owner of 8GBs of legs!

05.jpg

But who does the ninja meet on his way?

06.jpg

Oh well. Easy come, easy go! :laugh:

07.jpg

Cheers everyone! :classic:

Ingenious idea! :sweet: Just add a Lego desktop wallpaper, and everyone who uses your computer will immediately know what you're interesterd in :laugh: