Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Gee, these look awesome! However, can someone explain why Barbosa is holding an apple?

Haven't got a clue!? :pir-tongue: :pir-tongue: :pir-tongue:

CaptainbarbossabyDigiko.jpg

Official game cover!

Davy Jones looks like he's drowning :pir-tongue: ! That Kraken looks very nice too! It would be great if Lego could incorporate some of the Travelers Tales builds into their official sets! :pir-sweet:

Gee, these look awesome! However, can someone explain why Barbosa is holding an apple?

It's a thing with him, in the first movie when hes cursed he cant enjoy food, so he gets a craving for apples, when hes ridd of the curse we see him eating an apple all smug!

Hmm, if that is the official BP it would be strange for LEGO to put so much rigging on it when the ship with more pieces (QAR) has almost no rigging.

However it may be the BP and LEGO have just added rigging on the game.

:jollyroger:

Hmm, if that is the official BP it would be strange for LEGO to put so much rigging on it when the ship with more pieces (QAR) has almost no rigging.

However it may be the BP and LEGO have just added rigging on the game.

:jollyroger:

Agreed, there's no way the Lego set of the Black Pearl would have all that string rigging. The biggest disapointment is the fact that they are still using the bow pieces for the stern. The new bow piece is great as it doesn't have those pointless square holes, but using them for the stern just looks odd. They did re-release the BSB as a legend set so the original stern pieces are not that old. Bring the original stern pieces back Lego!!! In dark brown would be perfect!

Some fantastic new additions to the pirate collection, especially like the new redcoat print and white lined black tricorns

I'm still just a little sad their all peach coloured.

but that won't stop me getting some of them :pir-cry_happy:

Agreed, there's no way the Lego set of the Black Pearl would have all that string rigging. The biggest disapointment is the fact that they are still using the bow pieces for the stern. The new bow piece is great as it doesn't have those pointless square holes, but using them for the stern just looks odd. They did re-release the BSB as a legend set so the original stern pieces are not that old. Bring the original stern pieces back Lego!!! In dark brown would be perfect!

I agree with you. The new bow pieces is perfect for doing different color stripes on the ship, sadly for now they only exist in two colors brown and reddish brown. I think they should do a stern piece in the same way, or in a way so you could have two gunports added. I wonder how it looks if you just end the stern with a middle hull?

I really think Lego did a great job on these minifigs! I don't want to mix any flesh with my yellow (I am a lego racist). So I am happy that the detail is so nice as it will make it easy to sell the figs I don't want and get more sets to use for my pirate Mocs!

Thanks for the pics Grogall... I'm getting more and more excited for these sets!

The game cover looks kinda meh imo, although I like Davy Jones having a seperate piece for his beard instead of a molded head.

these sets are great. i see a lot of new and exciting parts. i will be getting these.

I'm real tempted to preorder Queen Anne's Revenge and The Mill from BN right now...the 10% off plus the Groupon giftcard from a few weeks ago...

Guys! Check this out!:

The Trailer for Curse of the Black pearl, Showing the Black Pearl in LEGO form :pir-grin:

Thanks, the trailer looks cool, that lego black pearl is not the one they'll be selling for sure.

how do you guys like Elisabeth's hair piece in gray for govenor Swan's wig?

Also this hairpiece looks cool, they should make that in lego, would work for Tia Dalma aswell:

hairwd.png

Edited by deskp

I am still speculating whether that is the actual BP, although looks promising.

how long do you think till keychains are out? I'm going to Disney in May and would love to grab some keychains from the Lego store there!

Thanks for sharing! These ships look quite promising:

What are we looking at there? Are those from the POTC video game?

Actually now you have taken a still from the trailer that does look slightly how TLC might make the BP, except without all the rigging.

4193 The London Escape

1a6bf096b5f6213f7e6fbabc4efbf6e2_5.jpg

I know that this pic is from a while ago, but I just noticed that the 2nd soldier has yellow hands. Anyone know why? It's quite curious...

Great pics by the way. Can't wait for the actual sets (and game) to come out!

I know that this pic is from a while ago, but I just noticed that the 2nd soldier has yellow hands. Anyone know why? It's quite curious...

Great pics by the way. Can't wait for the actual sets (and game) to come out!

I'm guessing its just because that how theyve been produced so far with the normal pirate theme, and they jsut forgot to change it for that image

Thanks for sharing! These ships look quite promising.

If TLG makes this one in real, I have to buy it!

This would be very beauty ships but I believe these would more to cost as 90 U.S. Dollar. These looks like the 10210 Imperial Flagship.

Maybe will LEGO creating the Black Pearl in future in two versions:

1 x for 90 USD as normal playset version like LEGO Pirates Brickbeard's Bounty

1 x for 180 USD as UCS version like Imperial Flagship

I think, than could it happen that we will see this Black Pearl in a real version.

Edited by Elander

Here is a print screen of the Black pearl from the trailer. I wonder if this will be the set that we get? By the way notice the small cannons blackpearl.jpg

Here is a print screen of the Black pearl from the trailer. I wonder if this will be the set that we get? By the way notice the small cannons blackpearl.jpg

I really hope so, it looks awesome and beautiful. Just like the real Pearl is :pir-wub:

But I unfortunately doubt so, but it would indeed be a ship worthy of Captain Jack Sparrow. :pirate:

Edited by SimWilliamSparrow