Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

soljurz.jpg

All of the soldier's torsos - forgive my bad photoshopping, I wanted to see what they looked like with yellow heads. I actually think Barbossa's torso could work well on a civilian, what do you think?

[i actually think Barbossa's torso could work well on a civilian, what do you think?

Why not? it could be a rich merchant torso or a rich baronss torso also, i mean at you can use that torso for everything you like. For me, i just make it a merchant torso because i think its perfect for that purpose. And the hats.... Im gonna change the old normal black tricone for those new hats, lets see whats suit me the best. :pir-blush: POTC is fantastic theme wich should last longer IMHO. Great parts, new coloured tricone (Tan In QAR) And fantastic minifigs. This theme is every Lego pirate theme lovers dream! *Faints whit a smile on his face*

Captain Becker

Wow, this looks great. I'll go through points of interest by set, as featured here: http://dcp.smugmug.com/Media-Briefs/Pirates-of-The-Caribbean/15500586_CDyZJ#1168762114_fGPUY

First, it seems every minifig has new printing and several have new headgear. The dwarf beard variation with the capt. blackbeard flaming dredlocks, the 18th century witch hunter hat (which may also have hair attached?) and of course the capt. sparrow hat and hair.

The ship has the new long and short bones, as well as tons of skulls and sails.

An awesome barbossa figure with large hat, and the new gold brick pieces people are excited about. Lots of pearl gold 1x1s and a new pretty hairpiece for whats her name.

The return of the natives hairpiece with short bones in the clip, the new minifig bag, and sword holsters!

New shutter pieces to fit in the classic 1x2x2.5 arched windows, bottles (I think introduced in the minifig collectors series?) and new bucket/handle pieces. Plus lots of nice hats, with some printing.

The shell-head is interesting, would go good with atlantis theme monsters. Is that another new hairpiece will has?

More bones, ships-in-bottles, and the globe of course.

Some of the new pillar pieces, a printed bicorn and I think the fountain looks great. Plus the large piece with the waterfall printed on it.

And a great looking fort, with a 1x8 wood-printed tile, more buckets and mean looking mermaids with new fish bodies and fish faces.

If all of Jack's heads are unique, does that mean we'll be able to populate the Black Pearl entirely with him?

It would be film-accurate to do so!

These look amazing! I'd better start figuring out which to buy immediately and which I can hold off on until they're on sale... yikes!

And a great looking fort, with a 1x8 wood-printed tile, more buckets and mean looking mermaids with new fish bodies and fish faces.

The wood plank is definitely a sticker... that set looks like it has a ton of stickers, but it's a nice fort and the figures look great.

Damn you TLG, there are too many cool pieces in these sets (even for someone who builds City) to say no to.

The captains cabin is a must-have for the bottles, world globe, round tile with printing (looks like a map or compass or something), scabbard and long bones (one less reason to buy NinjaGo)

Plus there are cool parts in the other sets too, the grey ribbed column parts, new gold bar and gold coins, bottles, bucket, small arched door piece, painting, new colors of hair, trans-blue bits in the fountain, not to mention all the bits we cant see (inside the ship for example)

With these sets, new HP, Diagon Alley, Alien Conquest, City Space, Kingdoms and more, its going to be another expensive year if I buy everything I want to buy. (although none of the City Harbor sets appeal to me so that's one less thing to consider and I dont build train so the Maresk train is out)

The piece, actually pieces, isn't really new. But this is the first time it comes in a different color than trans clear.

No, the globe is not made of those parts.

See here, it's a new single part with a slit in it:

p1000266.jpg

See here, it's a new single part with a slit in it:

Sandy's helmet got just that kind of slit when put together. It's right size too, so I'm positive it's that.

it's a new single part with a slit in it

That slit happens when the two hemispheres (two pieces) come together to make a sphere. They had that part in the winter village bakery set. I think they're going to use the same mold for the globe and have a printing on it. The slit is there so you can wedge your fingernail in and be able to pry apart the two hemispheres. If it was one spherical piece, they wouldn't have a slit, because you wouldn't be taking it apart.

Also, it's rather out of focus, but to my eyes, I can kind of make out the seam.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet good money it's the BL parts he linked, but they're just putting a printing on it.

I'm confused about the hats. I'm guessing the hats belonging to Jack Sparrow and the girl (forgot her name :pir-blush: ) won't fit on regular figs?

Plus the large piece with the waterfall printed on it.

I don't think it's print, or sticker either for that matter: it's cloth or paper or something similar. In this picture you can even two small holes and vertical slits in it. This makes it possible for you to move your minifigs through the waterfall to enter the Fountain place, just like they probably do in the upcoming movie.

For people saying Jack got unique head in easch set, I'm pretty sure theres only 3 difrent heads

1 skeleton / norma grinning

1 tribal paint/ (propably) tribal paint scared

1 scared open mouth / normal head

Anyways, gret new pictures, also some off screen screenshots from the game, wich im stoked for, more so than the movie itself!

Sandy's helmet got just that kind of slit when put together. It's right size too, so I'm positive it's that.

That slit happens when the two hemispheres (two pieces) come together to make a sphere. They had that part in the winter village bakery set. I think they're going to use the same mold for the globe and have a printing on it. The slit is there so you can wedge your fingernail in and be able to pry apart the two hemispheres. If it was one spherical piece, they wouldn't have a slit, because you wouldn't be taking it apart.

Ah, I didn't know the slit occurred in Sandy's helmet, since I have never actually seen the part in person myself. It makes sense that they would use those parts, in that case (though I still think it could work as a play feature for Jack to stab the map with his sword and fling it at the zombies).

It's great to finally see the PoTC sets in all their glory on these crystal-clear pictures! I must say this is looking to be one of the best Licensed themes TLG has ever released, the new sets have lots of new elements, parts, pieces, and characters to offer. Overall those sets look really great and very worthy to buy IMO.

Outstanding job TLG have done. Take that, Meg@bl%cks! :grin:

I'm loving all the new pieces. The new window shutter piece seen in this set will no doubt be useful for Castle builds and the like. New gold bars, and piratey printing on the coins too. The new bottles are great as well, I hope we see them in trans-green some time.

Of course my favourite new piece is the tiny bucket. I can not wait to get my hands on one of those! :wub: So cool.

Wow! These are truly awesome!

So many new cool parts!

I think I counted 5 new torsos with no bare skin on them, am I right?

Too bad Penelope Cruz' torso has fleshie skin, I would love to have a new female pirate torso!

I think I counted 5 new torsos with no bare skin on them, am I right?

Hmm...

Barbossa's torso

2009 Soldier's torso

2011 Soldier's torso

Can't see Blackbeard's torso under the beard, unfortunately, but it's possible.

So that's two confirmed, one we've already got, and one 'maybe'... where did you get five?

And since these pics are final, I don't think there's any harm in deeplinking them, so here it goes:

Oky: my apologies. I didn't realize you had posted these images when I saw the news on TBB early this morning and front-paged it.

In any case, thanks for sharing the great images. I see that Hinck updated the first page with them. Sweet!

I can't wait for a little battle with the Imperial Flagship and the Queen Ann.

2011 Soldier's torso

It looks to me like there is actually a tiny patch of skin right under the head.

The body for the Carriage driver, which is the same as Ollivander from Harry Potter, does not have any flesh on it, I don't think.