Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Did anyone else see what looks to be the "beating heart of Davey Jones" in the watermill set?

I don't see it. I see a compass tile in Jack's hand and a circular map tile on the floor propped up on the fountain edge. Where on the image are you looking?

I'm still trying to figure out the doorway. Are they large trans-blue pieces like a gate? I see a wheel that probably turns a rope or gears and opens the "door".

I don't see it. I see a compass tile in Jack's hand and a circular map tile on the floor propped up on the fountain edge. Where on the image are you looking?

I'm still trying to figure out the doorway. Are they large trans-blue pieces like a gate? I see a wheel that probably turns a rope or gears and opens the "door".

It's in the treasure chest. The heart looks great, but I think the chest should be black.

EDIT: I think you're looking at the wrong set. The heart is in the Mill set. You appear to be looking at the Fountain set.

Edited by Gregorovich

I'm pretty sure its supposed to be a water fall, and the transparent peice is proably of the same material brickbeard's bounty flag is made of. I'm guessing the fountain is in a cave behind a waterfall.

It's in the treasure chest. The heart looks great, but I think the chest should be black.

EDIT: I think you're looking at the wrong set. The heart is in the Mill set. You appear to be looking at the Fountain set.

Yeah I see now. The chest the conch-shell zombie is carrying. I was wondering what that was too. I don't remember the movie well enough to recall what the deal was with the treasure chest.

Yeah I see now. The chest the conch-shell zombie is carrying. I was wondering what that was too. I don't remember the movie well enough to recall what the deal was with the treasure chest.

I read your previous post on said set, and you seem to have confused two particular scenes. The mill set is based on a sequence in the second film where Jack, Norrington, and the Will are fighting on a tribal island over the key to said chest. You are thinking of the scene in the first film, near the beginning, where Jack and Will Turner fight in his Blacksmith shop. The scenes differ by the fact that in the mill scene it takes place around an abandoned church while the Blacksmith scene takes place in Will's shop in Port Royale.

On the subject of Blackbeard, I actually like the "cheesiness" of his Beard. It makes him easily distinguishable as the famous pirate. Also, if need be one could always replace his beard with this in black if it's separate from the hat.

Oh man I wish they included more of the Dutchmans crew! :pir-sceptic: The guy with the shell over his head looks sweet, and is a nice alternative to zombies at any rate. :pir-sweet:

I noticed in the isla de muerta set we get the first ever bearded skeleton head, and also the first ever movie- Licensed skeleton, so that's sort of neat.

I think Will has a new hair piece in all the sets he's in, very useful for hero building.

It looks like there are two versions of Jack sparrow's headpiece; one with a hat, and one without, that's an interesting decision, unless the hat somehow attaches to the headpiece, but I doubt that.

On a side note, have you noticed how that new bone piece has become a staple in these sets? Very very cannibalistic of LEGO :pir-laugh:

I think my jaw just hit the ground!

QAR looks like the coolest ship ever, 6 cannons on each side (hopefully), Blackbeard's hair is on fire, brilliant sails and lots of skelly parts!

£140 or £130?

Also looks like new cutlasses, the only set that I don't like much is the Fountain of Youth, looks like they are just using up moulds that they don't need any more , but the trans blue looks good.

:jollyroger:

I think all the sets look fantastic! I can't stop looking at them. I agree with whoever said that the Dead Man's Chest should be black.

Looking forward to photos of London Escape and the Pearl!

I read your previous post on said set, and you seem to have confused two particular scenes. The mill set is based on a sequence in the second film where Jack, Norrington, and the Will are fighting on a tribal island over the key to said chest. You are thinking of the scene in the first film, near the beginning, where Jack and Will Turner fight in his Blacksmith shop. The scenes differ by the fact that in the mill scene it takes place around an abandoned church while the Blacksmith scene takes place in Will's shop in Port Royale.

Ah, right. I remember being a little irked when they used the same shtick with the same giant wheel duel. I really need to re-watch these movies. I'm looking forward to seeing Ian McShane in the new one. He was great in Deadwood and the perfect actor to play Blackbeard. I even want to read the novel too because it's apparently pretty good.

I cant WAIT now! Thanks forr the pictures for a thousand time! I love the sets and gonna get multiples of them.... If my wallet is only able to handle all that :pirate_sad2: I love the minifigs and the new torsos are fabolous, i love the blackbeard desing even aat the beard wont be as good IMO, but still its very cool looking. Give us the POTC line already please? :pir-grin: Im asking very nicely

Captain Becker

With the captains cabin being a separate set does it seem plausible that in the queens anne revenge the captains cabin will be bare? since the captains cabin set seems to fit well appearance wise with the ship.

With the captains cabin being a separate set does it seem plausible that in the queens anne revenge the captains cabin will be bare? since the captains cabin set seems to fit well appearance wise with the ship.

I don't think it will be completely bare, since if it was you'd ALSO have to buy the Captain's Cabin with it. Although that would be great marketing, I don't think LEGO would do that. Plausible, yes, but not likely.

I'm just hoping the cabin will be enclosed...does it have doors, can anybody tell?

Other than that, though, these sets look great! I love the minifigures, particularly Blackbeard. (Barbossa doesn't really look that much like Barbossa, but both of his minifigures are awesome as pirates anyway.) I can't decide which set to get first...Isla de Muerta, or the Fountain of Youth...

TC

After all the sets I bought the last two years, these are going to be my favorite. I just can't wait... already showed it to my wife for approval :pir-cry_happy: haha

Did anyone notice the small corner bricks on the lighthouse (didn't see those small ones yet in any of the sets I own)

Regards,

Captain Narb

I hope the third ship in this set will be the Flying Dutchman (me being Dutch)

After all the sets I bought the last two years, these are going to be my favorite. I just can't wait... already showed it to my wife for approval :pir-cry_happy: haha

Did anyone notice the small corner bricks on the lighthouse (didn't see those small ones yet in any of the sets I own)

Regards,

Captain Narb

I hope the third ship in this set will be the Flying Dutchman (me being Dutch)

IF there is a third ship

then again, thinking of a Flying Dutchman :pir-wub:

But I highly doubt there will be a third ship this year and i cant say im 100% sure this theme will continue, unless it will be highly successful (which i have no doubt that it will be) :thumbup:

Also, according to Huw from Brickset, each set has a unique Jack Sparrow, according to a woman at the London Toy Fair

In the sets where he is wearing the same costume, im guessing he'll have a unique facial expression

Edited by giggitygoo

Well it looks pretty obvious that they designed the Blackbeard fig with Davy jones in mind. Just look at the front-on pic of blackbeard, same hat and the fuses on the beard can easily be tenticals. Imagine that fig in different colours and you have got Davy Jones. I'd put money on that being used as a Davy Jones mould in later sets.

Also, according to Huw from Brickset, each set has a unique Jack Sparrow, according to a woman at the London Toy Fair

In the sets where he is wearing the same costume, im guessing he'll have a unique facial expression

Don't forget about the hat and the hatless hairpiece.

I don't think every torso and facial expression is going to be unique, unfortunately.

More likely they'll 'cheat' and have two torsos, two heads and the two hats, and mix them up to make up to eight 'unique' combinations.

I'd put money on that being used as a Davy Jones mould in later sets.

I can see the hat being used for Davy Jones, but they'll make a new tentacle beard.

Well it looks pretty obvious that they designed the Blackbeard fig with Davy jones in mind. Just look at the front-on pic of blackbeard, same hat and the fuses on the beard can easily be tenticals. Imagine that fig in different colours and you have got Davy Jones. I'd put money on that being used as a Davy Jones mould in later sets.

Well I agree with the hat, however I think the beard will be a new mould to look like tentacles, It would have to be, however I thing that at some point they must be making Davey Jones as the Atlantis sets have those crab claw hands (the Atlantis sets would be good for Davey Jones crew as well)

:jollyroger:

Have to admit, these are the first pics to really raise my eyebrow-- well done and thanks gwenju!

As we speculated, the figures and accessories are EPIC WIN! The hairpieces, the new hats, and far and away the sword holder are almost too good to be true!! Du-da da-da-daah, I'm Lovin' It!

I also appreciate that alot of these sets are kept relatively small-- and possibly even affordable. Makes spending top dollar on the QAR a little more plausible. Dang-- I had no intention of buying another pirate ship this year!! :pir_laugh2:

With over 1000 responses, it would be cool if the links to "allowed" images be edited into the first post.

With over 1000 responses, it would be cool if the links to "allowed" images be edited into the first post.

That's the thing; we don't have any "alllowed" images.

Thank you! I've been saying that,5 pages ago, haha.

post-14161-129623890126.jpg

However, I Have been wondering if these are still preliminary because blackbeard in the movie wears an original tricorn and it looks nothing like Davy Jones' hat. So I'm kinda mad about that.