Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

This trailer really makes me hope for more sets,I mean just imagine all the potentials sets and minifigures we could get.Talking about the teaser now it was great overall but I especially loved the music.

I just came here to post the same exact thing, I regret selling my Queen Anne's Revenge now...  My question is does Lego still have the POTC License? lol

25 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I regret selling my Queen Anne's Revenge now...  My question is does Lego still have the POTC License? lol

They wouldn't 'STILL' have it no. but they likely have it again, the people usually in the know seems to believe they do.

Frankly I kind of was hoping to see the pirate line continue on, since TLG was on to something, too bad it didn't take off like they wanted to, but in all reality people are flipping out in a good way about this film already on facebook trends.  Since this is a soft reboot I honestly hope Barbossa still has the Queen Anne's Revenge and maybe if they could release the pearl and an update version of the QAR, but who knows, you can clearly see the dutchman in the background also.

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

I just came here to post the same exact thing, I regret selling my Queen Anne's Revenge now...  My question is does Lego still have the POTC License? lol

From what we heard apperantly they do.After all Lego is pretty tight with Disney lately.

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

Huh....thanks for the update man but do we know if this is reliable??

I have no idea about it's reliability. Its just something I found that I thought I would share. 

Usually where there is smoke there is fire.

1 hour ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Dying Gull, The Silent Mary, or a UCS Black Pearl. 

Arr me Hartys, My guess is there may be a Pirates theme coming to our shores if ye be buying enough of this new UCS Pirate ship, it is probably just a business move to test the waters. As One Sinking set is better than a bombed theme.

I crack myself up! :pir-grin:

image.jpg

Edited by SodorBricks

Still don't like the idea of an overpriced ship but hey beggars can't be choosers.

17 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

I have no idea about it's reliability. Its just something I found that I thought I would share. 

Usually where there is smoke there is fire.

Well the article didn't really provide any new details,it's just repeated what we already know.

1 hour ago, SodorBricks said:

Arr me Hartys, My guess is there may be a Pirates theme coming to our shores if ye be buying enough of this new UCS Pirate ship, it is probably just a business move to test the waters. As One Sinking set is better than a bombed theme.

I crack myself up! :pir-grin:

image.jpg

Lol

Yea man the 2015 wave was pretty bad,if they don't pump up the quality then this theme has no future.

I got big hopes for the upcoming ship,let's see if Lego delivers.

I think the teaser looks awesome!  Quite a dark movie but still keeping that POTC humour:pir-grin:. I do hope though that the D2C set is the Flying Dutchman as it did appear in two movies (soon to be a third).  My question to you guys is if it is the Flying Dutchman then which will it be?:look:

If we get any ship besides the black pearl 2017  I'd expect the pearl in 2018.

On 9/29/2016 at 3:16 PM, KristofBD said:
5 hours ago, deskp said:

If we get any ship besides the black pearl 2017  I'd expect the pearl in 2018.

What do you mean? As far as we know there is only one set

Well I was hoping atleast for an 8-10 set theme! I mean if angry birds got a line and Potc doesn't.... I mean come on! Anyways a ship is always awesome, and Lego is smart to do so. Lego pirate ships are cash cows and double if not triple in sales, after they are retired on Ebay and other sites. Also if there testing the waters with a ship first to see if the line is worthy, well maybe we will see a line for potc. -Fingers crossed-

Edited by mattb483

23 minutes ago, mattb483 said:

I mean come on! Anyways a shit is always awesome, and Lego is smart to do so.

:pir-grin: I like going toilet I didn't know LEGO did as well! Might want to correct that.

25 minutes ago, Ardelon said:

Maybe the poor showing of PotC4 hurt sales, so TLG doesnt want to risk a full wave?

Considering the film was a financial success, I doubt sales were bad. POTC 4 was the second most successful installment of the franchise and the fourth highest-grossing Disney film.

I personally think that the the D2C set is going to be the Flying Dutchman.  However I do believe that we will see a regular wave of sets with 1-2 ships in as well.  I just think they are keeping it slightly more under wraps to avoid movie spoliers.  Does anyone else share this theory? :pir-grin:

34 minutes ago, yeoldmilkshake said:

I've been out of the loop. has the UCS pirate ship been proven wrong yet, or is it still likely to happen?

UCS? Where are you getting that from? The ship I think was a solid rumor, but I never heard it being UCS.