Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

...or because you know stuff?

As far as I know, there are no sets planned for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. I'll keep you updated in case I hear otherwise.

Edited by Sir Gareth

As far as I know, there are no sets planned for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Lies. I'll keep you updated incase I hear otherwise.

That's probably what should have been initially posted. :thumbup:

As far as I know, there are no sets planned for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Lies.

Ok, to clarify is that a mistake or a hint. Because the movie is called Pirates of the Caribbean: dead men tell no TALES

No worries, man. And thank you. I just want to challenge the idea of bringing it up at all. Thanks for explaining your point of view.

To be honest, the whole thing makes me just roll my eyes. I could care less what actually happened. And maybe it goes to show why it's not a good idea to make a reputation from posting leaks.

I respect your point of view and I appricate your tact in addressing the matter.

I respect your point of view and I appricate your tact in addressing the matter.

I think you're being generous by saying I showed any tact, :blush: but thank you.

I think you're being generous by saying I showed any tact, :blush: but thank you.

Listen, I work in administration and I know that it can be a taxing job to have to manage a large group of people. Sometimes you just have to take a firm tone when you were dealing with an issue. So I have no issues with the way you approached the problem. In fact, I appreciate how efficiently and effectively you and your staff run this website, especially since you do it for free. All I am concerned about is that we part ways on this topic with no hard feelings. Thanks for your time.

There are no sets for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales...

In a vain hope, does anyone else think this could be interpreted as there may be some general PotC sets coming out?

In a vain hope, does anyone else think this could be interpreted as there may be some general PotC sets coming out?

Well, I think the more important part is "to my knowledge":P

I don't know much yet, but I've heard that there are no POTC sets to be expected for the first half of 2017. Second half? No idea.

I think it is highly unlikely that we won't see POTC sets. I'm sure we are going to see a full wave and an UCS Flying Dutchman. If I remember rightly the movie was due for release at a later date in 2017 but was pushed forward to May, this may mean that the release of the POTC sets may be at the same time as original release date.

Edited by Legoman123

If what Sir Gareth says is true, then I doubt it. If Lego chose to bring back PotC for next year there would have to be sets for the new movie in the wave.

I think it is highly unlikely that we won't see POTC sets. I'm sure we are going to see a full wave and an UCS Flying Dutchman. If I remember rightly the movie was due for release at a later date in 2017 but was pushed forward to May, this may mean that the release of the POTC sets may be at the same time as original release date.

From the original july 7 till may 26 isn't that much of a release change.

Lego sets usually launch slightly ahead of a movie so that would have put it in june ahead of original release date, that's first half of year it would be in the first catalogue for 2017.

The people in the know does not seem to know much about 2017 at all, so I'm unsure why potc is kind of being ruled out.

What do we actually know is coming in 2017? except lego batman movie, various super heroes sets, and dimensions packs??

What do we actually know is coming in 2017? except lego batman movie, various super heroes sets, and dimensions packs??

Ninjago Movie line, CMF's and Nexo Knights

If LEGO is going to release POTC sets, we'll find out very soon

If what Sir Gareth says is true, then I doubt it. If Lego chose to bring back PotC for next year there would have to be sets for the new movie in the wave.

Well, what I was meant was, is there a possibility the other poster was intimating that a release could cover sets from across the franchise and not just be solely limited to the new film.

Edited by Raelthorne

Just to clear this out - when was it confirmed that TLG was going to make The Angry Birds movie line? Maybe we cam hope that they also reveal some PotC info around this date.

when was it confirmed that TLG was going to make The Angry Birds movie line?

Announced: 8th june 2015, teased june 1st

Released: 16th March in europe, 16th april in america

That is same day the thread was made on eurobricks as well, so apparently it wasn't leaked or rumored beforehand.. someone tell me if they know that to be wrong

updated the potc 5 ship list:

jrd6k6.png

*no physical signs of the ship being in the film but Will is announced so it's an assumption.

Edited by deskp

Announced: 8th june 2015

Released: 16th March in europe, 16th april in america

That is same day the thread was made on eurobricks as well, so apparently it wasn't leaked or rumored beforehand.. someone tell me if they know that to be wrong

Yeah, I can't recall either... Usually we hear rumours well ahead of official announcements (like the LOTR/Hobbit license we've heard rumours about in July or August of 2011 while the official announcement was published in late November IIRC), but in this case I really can't remember. Maybe because I wasn't that invested in that particular theme pirate_tong.gif Perhaps we would have heard something if there was a Disney expo this year (like last year's D23), but there's none, is there? pirate_sceptic.gif

Guardians of the galaxy 2 merchandise press release happened 17th june, for a may 5th movie, except for everybody assuming, that was the first confirmation of lego sets.

There have yet to be any official potc5 merchandise talk.

For perspective: POTC 4 lego was announced on NOVEMBER 18th 2010, ahead of a APRIL 2011 release. (lego had of course teased it with a minifig at sdcc before that but that was special)

So about 5 months ahead of release..

Edited by deskp

For perspective: POTC 4 lego was announced on NOVEMBER 18th 2010, ahead of a APRIL 2011 release. (lego had of course teased it with a minifig at sdcc before that but that was special)

So about 5 months ahead of release..

Good to know. Thank you deskp.

It seems we can celebrate - at least 4 sets PotC coming in 2017.

Source: brickfinder.net

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, Power Rangers and More To Come in 2017

Monday, July 25th, 2016 by Brickfinder

Thanks to some preview images of the Italian LEGO Retail Catalogue, we managed to get a sneak peek at some of the LEGO sets that will be coming out next year!

While I’m not able to show the photos, they do reveal that we will be getting:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales: There will be four sets in all and hopefully, one of them will be that of the Flying Dutchman since we already have The Black Pearl (4184) and Queen Anne’s Revenge (4195).
  2. Power Rangers: There is a new Power Rangers movie coming out next year and this will most likely tie in with that. I wonder if they will have a series of sets that will combine to form Megazord.
  3. Cars 3: They have produced sets for the first two movies and since there is another sequel on the way, this is quite expected.
  4. Collectible Minifigures: This is the next series of Minifigures, most likely Series 17 although some have been speculating that it might be another “special” series.
  5. LEGO Sports: There used to be a line of sets previously that focused on games like Football and Basketball. This could be something similar since the popularity of the German Football Minifigures proved so successful.
  6. The LEGO Batman Movie: While this is not new, the photo I saw was of Batman fighting a Big Fig version of Bane in a cave. Could be a scene from the upcoming movie.

So there you have it, a teaser of things to come. 2016 is already proving to be quite taxing on the wallets and 2017 doesn’t seem to provide any relief for our finances!

(Special thanks to JJ. Sim for the heads up!)

Yep, faked. And quite literally a big "F-U" by the person claiming responsibility. The other faked stuff doesn't bother me, but faking PotC - now that's downright sinful. Oh well. Maybe another time. :wacko::cry2:

I am kind of glad that it was fake though, I mean lets be honest who wanted just four sets? I know right now we don't even know if the line is continuing but it is highly likely that it will. We all know Lego wants to make money and please the fan base (in the main) so missing out on a theme like this would be a stupid move that I just can't see Lego making. I personally think we are going to see six sets and an UCS/D2C Flying Dutchman.

Source: brickfinder.net

I believe the original source admitted it was all a fake seeing who would fall for it.

More reliable sources, such as Sir Gareth, have said they haven't heard anything yet.