Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I only hope that the FD-set is based of the Davy Jones corrupted version and not the slick version of Will Turner. I prefer the ghostship-look. But I'm very hasty here... It will probably release like you guys mentioned before; a month or so before the release of the fifth movie.

Since The Lone Ranger is on Johnny's schedule, is it possible that the fifth installment isn't going to make a summer 2013 release? I sure don't hope so... :pir-sceptic:

A D2C set might not fall into the same category though, the Imperial Flagship was available long after the Pirates theme had officially 'exited'. I guess because they aren't usually available to general retailers their continued presence doesn't really count for the themes available for retailers to choose from.

And the Kingdoms Joust just came out, even though the theme itself was discontinued. The same with the MMV... In fact, in the last three years, Lego has a decent track record of releasing a final "send-off" set for different themes. I could ssee the FD being one of these for PoTC.

But all those sets you just mention were from non-licensed themes. Castle, Pirates, and Kingdoms.

As much as I would love new PotC sets, I just feel like there's no reason for them to be around when there is no new movie as the driving force.

But all those sets you just mention were from non-licensed themes. Castle, Pirates, and Kingdoms.

As much as I would love new PotC sets, I just feel like there's no reason for them to be around when there is no new movie as the driving force.

Diagon [spelling] Alley was a Licensed theme.

Perhaps. . . :sceptic:

Harry Potter wasn't discontinued as a theme when Diagon Alley was made. There was still the last small wave of HP that came put after DA.

Harry Potter wasn't discontinued as a theme when Diagon Alley was made. There was still the last small wave of HP that came put after DA.

True, but it was a licensed D2C set.

No news at the Toy Fairs for Pirates of the Caribbean? meh, it was fun while it lasted.

It's looking like a one and done to me.

It's looking like a one and done to me.

Now I do wonder if next year will be a return to Classic Pirates or the rumored Ninjago vs Pirates.

Now I do wonder if next year will be a return to Classic Pirates or the rumored Ninjago vs Pirates.

One does not simply return to Classic Pirates. :pir_laugh2: If you mean a line like the 09 pirates, I can kind of see it happening.

Has anyone got any proof that we will be seeing stuff soon (I thought POTC was being placed on pause or had just been removed in favour of LOTR) as I hear alot of different ideas but I can't find anything online (and I have looked extensivly).

Cheers guys

Has anyone got any proof that we will be seeing stuff soon (I thought POTC was being placed on pause or had just been removed in favour of LOTR) as I hear alot of different ideas but I can't find anything online (and I have looked extensivly).

Cheers guys

I believe that it will return alongside the fifth movie (Which has been confirmed :pir_laugh2: ) So we can hope to see more from POTC in the future

I do hope it comes back but I hope they improve the quality of the lower priced sets, specifically the $20/£20 ones. Just couldn't pay the money for them.

The bigger sets were great, though I didn't buy any :pir-look:

I believe that it will return alongside the fifth movie (Which has been confirmed :pir_laugh2: ) So we can hope to see more from POTC in the future

fifth movie, ahh, that explains a lot, thank you I will now start to look into that.

Cheers for the info

I may be able to add some credibility to the Flying Dutchman rumors, although they are a bit of a stretch.

A member on Brickset forums, (don't know if he's on this forum or not) told us over there that there would be a large Flying Dutchman set and then later said there would be a huge haunted house set to fit with the Modular Buildings. Well both these claims seemed far fetched but he insisted he had a "source" that has been right about these things in the past.

Well a video was posted today, the press release for the New Modular Building the Town Hall, and in the first 2 seconds of the video you can see a designer and a huge haunted house on the edge of the screen. (In an earlier shot you can see another designer and the rumored upcoming UCS R2D2). Sorry I'd post a link, but from when I saw the video till half way through writing this, it's been marked as private....

So to the point, if this person was right about 1 of 2 of his rumors, maybe he was also telling the truth about the Flying Dutchman? So I know its a stretch, but I was so surprised to see LEGO pull this huge Haunted House out of no where, that there could be some validation the the claims.

**EDIT** It seems eurobricks has already begun discussion on the Haunted House so I was able to find a picture on this thread

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66366

Edited by yys4u

I may be able to add some credibility to the Flying Dutchman rumors, although they are a bit of a stretch.

A member on Brickset forums, (don't know if he's on this forum or not) told us over there that there would be a large Flying Dutchman set and then later said there would be a huge haunted house set to fit with the Modular Buildings. Well both these claims seemed far fetched but he insisted he had a "source" that has been right about these things in the past.

Well a video was posted today, the press release for the New Modular Building the Town Hall, and in the first 2 seconds of the video you can see a designer and a huge haunted house on the edge of the screen. (In an earlier shot you can see another designer and the rumored upcoming UCS R2D2). Sorry I'd post a link, but from when I saw the video till half way through writing this, it's been marked as private....

So to the point, if this person was right about 1 of 2 of his rumors, maybe he was also telling the truth about the Flying Dutchman? So I know its a stretch, but I was so surprised to see LEGO pull this huge Haunted House out of no where, that there could be some validation the the claims.

**EDIT** It seems eurobricks has already begun discussion on the Haunted House so I was able to find a picture on this thread

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66366

I reposted your whole post in that thread :pir-tongue:. Thanks a lot for the info!

Edited by Ardelon

One does not simply return to Classic Pirates. :pir_laugh2: If you mean a line like the 09 pirates, I can kind of see it happening.

Yeah, what I actually meant was a return to non licensed pirates. Pirates II or III :pir-grin:

I was thinking about this recently. There are already 2 known sailing ships in non-pirate themes this year: the Spongebob Flying Dutchman and the Ninjago Destiny's Bounty. And now there's reason to believe that another ship may be coming to the Monster Fighter's theme at some point. (See some posts above for details on that.)

It's curious that Lego is releasing sailing ships in everything except a pirate-based theme. I think that they realized the sailing ships have been the best-selling types of sets in the pirate themes, and so they have sought out other ways to sell sailing ships in other themes. That's sad on the one hand, because we don't have our beloved theme right now. But it's also good because we can still cannibalize these other sets for some parts.

Hey, maybe we will see a modern yacht in the City theme. Although I guess "that ship has sailed" because last summer was the marina sub-theme for City and there was only a sailboard in one set. Maybe a gold bandits getaway dinghy for this summer?

As a fan of the minifigures line, I'm hoping to see some cool new pirate figs in a future series. Maybe TLG can throw us a bone there. :jollyroger:

^ Hah me too! I've been waiting for pirates in Collectible Minifigure Series since I heard about series 1. I bought a pack and looked at the little poster hoping to see a pirate, and have done so for every series, as soon as pictures surface I check to see if there's any pirate related stuff. Hopefully someday soon...

I just hate to see this theme put down so soon. I loved Pirates II, and I was so upset when they stopped it after one(?) wave. I hate to see them do it again with this.

Both themes had so much potential! it's such a shame really. Oh well, maybe I can find some PoTC on clearance somewhere. I still have a lot of them to collect. :pir-look:

^ Hah me too! I've been waiting for pirates in Collectible Minifigure Series since I heard about series 1. I bought a pack and looked at the little poster hoping to see a pirate, and have done so for every series, as soon as pictures surface I check to see if there's any pirate related stuff. Hopefully someday soon...

The Musketeer wasn't too far away from Pirates. I would like a Pirate CMF though :pir_laugh2:

:jollyroger:

Cheers guys

A while ago I was surfing the web and came across a list of "late 2011" POTC sets. I believe it was on Brickipedia (which isn't that trustworthy). Thing is, the names and (some of) the prices were different from the spring sets, yet they sounded like basically the same sets i.e. "Ship's cabin", "Mermaid attacks". the article may have been written by some ignorant guy who had only seen pics of the sets, but didn't know the names, idk.

Also, on the same site, I found a flying dutchman article (not Spongebob), which didn't have any pics, but had a list of minifigs. Some of the figs made it sound like it would be from AWE, like captain Elizabeth Swann. There sounded like there would also be a TON of Davy Jones' crewmen. But don't get your hopes up. Remember, Brickipedia is NOT very reliable. Just thought I'd throw my research in, I'm logging off now. Cya.