Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

My local TRU had all of the POTC set aside from Captain's Cabin! I got Isla de Muerta, I hope I can pick up some more soon though! The minifigures are excellent.

I'm really really curious about the black pearl, not only the set but also in the movie, since it seems the black pearl transformed into queen anne's revenge

http://entertainment.ezinemark.com/images-of-queen-annes-revenge-in-pirates-of-the-caribbean-4-77364f6a3bc7.html

it's like they used the black pearl's hulls, demolished and built a new stern, new idol on the same ship and added some red paint.

I'm even wondering wether the black pearl will actually play in the new movie

I'm really really curious about the black pearl, not only the set but also in the movie, since it seems the black pearl transformed into queen anne's revenge

http://entertainment.ezinemark.com/images-of-queen-annes-revenge-in-pirates-of-the-caribbean-4-77364f6a3bc7.html

it's like they used the black pearl's hulls, demolished and built a new stern, new idol on the same ship and added some red paint.

I'm even wondering wether the black pearl will actually play in the new movie

Don't worry, The Black Pearl will be in the film. According to a set report The Pearl will be in a bottle, that's why Jack try's to get the ship-in-a-bottle in "The Captain's Cabin" set. Also Barbossa mentions that Blackbeard used voodoo powers to make the rigging aboard the Pearl attack Jack's crew.

Don't worry, The Black Pearl will be in the film. According to a set report The Pearl will be in a bottle, that's why Jack try's to get the ship-in-a-bottle in "The Captain's Cabin" set. Also Barbossa mentions that Blackbeard used voodoo powers to make the rigging aboard the Pearl attack Jack's crew.

The whole voodoo rigging thing is right, but it was Barbossa who was captain of the Pearl when it got taken over. That is why in the new movie he has joined the Armada and has a peg leg. He needed a ship and a crew and he lost his leg in the battle against the Pearl.

Ack, plug my ears. Don't tell me any more about the movie!

This movie is going to kick megablocks.

Ack, plug my ears. Don't tell me any more about the movie!

This movie is going to kick megablocks.

Ya, sorry about the spoilers. I'm am just so excited! :monkey:

Back on topic, I was over on the POTC wiki website (it is like Wookieepedia but for POTC), and I searched Lego POTC (on;ine I typed the whole thing) and I came across something a bit interesting. Here is a link:

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Lego_Pirates_of_the_Caribbean

The page states there will be a wave two for the theme and has pics, only the pics look like mocs made by people. It is pretty obvious that this is all fake, but it really got me thinking that these sets (well, not all of them) should actually get made.

Ya, sorry about the spoilers. I'm am just so excited! :monkey:

Back on topic, I was over on the POTC wiki website (it is like Wookieepedia but for POTC), and I searched Lego POTC (on;ine I typed the whole thing) and I came across something a bit interesting. Here is a link:

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Lego_Pirates_of_the_Caribbean

The page states there will be a wave two for the theme and has pics, only the pics look like mocs made by people. It is pretty obvious that this is all fake, but it really got me thinking that these sets (well, not all of them) should actually get made.

Yeah, they're totally fake. But i really hope we'll get a Tia Dalma and a Sao Fang before the series ends, (which won't be for a long time since there's gonna be 6 movies!!)

Anyway, Idk if this was mentioned, but the sets go on sale monday at S@H!!!! (in the US and Canada)

So I was pretty disappointed when I learnt that the Lego store shouldn't have the sets for today. I called them last night, and was suprised when the employee said 'yes, we're getting them in tomorrow'

So I visit the store today, and I can't find a trace of POTC sets. I'm told that the sets weren't expected to come in today, and whoever told me this was wrong.

Really ticked me off. :pir-sceptic:

Went to my Michigan TRU last night, they had everything but the Fountain of youth (which is ok because that's probably the worst set). Grabbed the Isla de Muerta, which is fantastic, and the very last QAR. It honestly doesn't DO much, but man oh man is it a beauty! Figs are fantastic. I plan to grab more today, if they're not sold out already.

Once again, aside from almost no play features, the QAR is the set to get.

Yeah, they're totally fake. But i really hope we'll get a Tia Dalma and a Sao Fang before the series ends, (which won't be for a long time since there's gonna be 6 movies!!)

Anyway, Idk if this was mentioned, but the sets go on sale monday at S@H!!!! (in the US and Canada)

Ya, I really hope we get Sao Feng, Tia Dalma and DEFINITELY Davy Jones! I really hope that the Flying Dutchman, when released (it has to be), will be the same size as the QAR, with six figs. If they do this, the figs could be Jack (with coat and hat), Davy Jones, Bootsatrap Bill, Will, and then Maccus and Polifico. And then with Hadras, we would have a nice little group of fish people.

Also, where did you hear that the sets will be available on shop@home by monday?

Edited by Fives

There's really no two ways about it. We must see a Davy Jones fig and the Flying Dutchman, or else there will be riots in the streets of Billund, and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. :pir_laugh2:

There's really no two ways about it. We must see a Davy Jones fig and the Flying Dutchman, or else there will be riots in the streets of Billund, and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. :pir_laugh2:

Ya, and the proof is in the pirates! The new Blackbeard hat, as I've said before, looks nthing like his hat in the new movie. His hat piece looks exactly like Davy Jones's hat. His release as a minifig is inevitable. Now I just hope they release him as he is in the game, instead of cahnging the design (besides the claw hand, which might get replaced by the new Atlantis piece).

But i really hope we'll get a Tia Dalma and a Sao Fang before the series ends, (which won't be for a long time since there's gonna be 6 movies!!)

Not to mention something I just realized - there could be an official Keith Richards minifigure in the future! :pir_laugh2:

Anyway, I've got my sets. (one opened, one for easter)

My socks have been rocked. The builds and the figures are crazy great

having fun trolling the star wars forum:

Ewoks. :kahuka:

Not to mention something I just realized - there could be an official Keith Richards minifigure in the future! :pir_laugh2:

Anyway, I've got my sets. (one opened, one for easter)

My socks have been rocked. The builds and the figures are crazy great

having fun trolling the star wars forum:

Ewoks. :kahuka:

Hey, nice work making the Cannibal Escape set into a SW one! It fits perfectly! Just curious, what other set did you get? Cause if its one we don't have a review for yet, that would be nice if you made one.

Over on Brickset, they've listed a new polybag! It's Jack in a little boat. Nothing too brilliant, but it's okay.

EDIT: What's he holding? I never noticed it at first, but now that I look more closely, I see that he's holding something.

Edited by Gregorovich

Over on Brickset, they've listed a new polybag!

Wow, that little dingy is just great. The set itself isn't that impressive, but it is a great cheap way to get Jack with his hat and coat. Also, this will lower the price of the Cpn. Jack fig down a lot on BL.

Over on Brickset, they've listed a new polybag! It's Jack in a little boat. Nothing too brilliant, but it's okay.

EDIT: What's he holding? I never noticed it at first, but now that I look more closely, I see that he's holding something.

Jack is holding a sword and a bottle. That's another thing this polybag is good for. Cheap bottles!

Edited by Cad Bane

Hey, nice work making the Cannibal Escape set into a SW one! It fits perfectly! Just curious, what other set did you get? Cause if its one we don't have a review for yet, that would be nice if you made one.

Just Isla de la Muerta

Just Isla de la Muerta

I see. I'm just curious, how many gold coins and gold bars come with the set? And are there only two apples, or is there an extra?

Jack is holding a sword and a bottle. That's another hing this polybag is good for. Cheap bottles!

Ah, I see the bottle now! I really hope this polybag is available in the UK; it'd be brilliant if it came free with the newspaper!

I was just thinking, if you took the newly revealed polybag with Jack and somehow combined it with the other little ship one, you could make a pretty nice little dingy. I think it could work really well.

I see. I'm just curious, how many gold coins and gold bars come with the set? And are there only two apples, or is there an extra?

Not sure - I think you'll find the answer sooner than I can tell you - again, throwing that in my easter basket :pir-wink: Though I suppose... I could pop it open and reseal it - for the good of the many...

EDIT:

10 coins 3 bars. 2 apples.

the coins are strange: all "10"s (raised in a rougher, perhaps piratey font MORE EDIT: see box art for depiction of font. other than that, they're sadly not the same as shown), not off of a sprue, plastic C3PO kinda gold rather than chrome (guess it works well inside the set for color coherency)

and two little circle indents on the backside from molding I guess.

Gold bar is part 99563 if you care, no part ID marked on the coin

And jumping back into the discussion: I want that little hat jack set SO. BADLY.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

There are 3 gold bars, but one of them is extra! :pir-sweet:

As far as the ten coins go, they're a new mold, and they're quite ugly. :pir-sad2: But the set asks for 8, and you get 10, so no complaining. No extra apple, sadly.

Wow, that little dingy is just great. The set itself isn't that impressive, but it is a great cheap way to get Jack with his hat and coat. Also, this will lower the price of the Cpn. Jack fig down a lot on BL.

Yay for lower BL prices! :pir-cry_happy:

Oh no, another good promo set that I'm going to miss out on.

First, the wooden Jack minifig, and now a cheap opportunity to get Jack in his full outfit. Oh well...