Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Does anybody know if there will be magnets and keychains, and if so, when will they be released?

Does anybody know if there will be magnets and keychains, and if so, when will they be released?

there most probably will be magnets/keychains and i assume that they will come out around the time, if not after, the official worldwide release :pirate:

there most probably will be magnets/keychains and i assume that they will come out around the time, if not after, the official worldwide release :pirate:

They don't usually release the keychains and magnets right away, but after the main release of he sets. When they do come out, I'm curious what characters will be first (most likely Jack, Will, and Barbossa).

I'm hoping to visit my local Lego store on April 16th. Hopefully the POTC sets will be in stock on that day! I'm aiming on picking up atleast one or two sets.

I'm hoping to visit my local Lego store on April 16th. Hopefully the POTC sets will be in stock on that day! I'm aiming on picking up atleast one or two sets.

You're not the only one :pir-grin: I know that I'll try to get QAR or The London Escape, possibly also Cannibal Island or The Mill. :pir-cry_happy:

Checked the local TRU today, no signs yet. I guess a trip to the brand store is in order on Saturday... I can't believe it's this week!

Is anyone else finding odd that the sets haven't shown up on shop@home yet? Don't new sets usually appear a week or so before release? Its just making me sceptical about that April 16th release date...

I called the brand store today (thats an hour away from me) and they said they'll have the sets on Monday . I find it strange that the release date is said to be the 16th and S@H has no sign of the ordering the sets yet.

I called the brand store today (thats an hour away from me) and they said they'll have the sets on Monday . I find it strange that the release date is said to be the 16th and S@H has no sign of the ordering the sets yet.

I called two brand stores near me. One store they would have the sets May 1st, the other store said 18th. Hmmm... It's obvious which one to go to! (btw, the stores are in Burlington and Braintree, Massachusetts, so if you live close to them, grab them while you can!)

Anyone in the Toronto area will be happy to hear (unless you've already heard) that the Sherway Square LEGO Store has it's opening weekend on the weekend of May 13th! :pir-cry_happy:

Here is the link for more details about the weekend:

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Toronto/LandingPage.aspx

Now, I am so flipping excited, because not only will the new POTC stuff be out by then, but it will for sure be at an official LEGO Store! :pir-wub:

Is anyone else finding odd that the sets haven't shown up on shop@home yet? Don't new sets usually appear a week or so before release? Its just making me sceptical about that April 16th release date...

Yeah, also msot places says May only one flyer said april 16th right?

This release date is rather frustrating, One source says April 16th another May 1st. I wish LEGO could sort out the release dates. Have they even said when they will be released?

This release date is rather frustrating, One source says April 16th another May 1st. I wish LEGO could sort out the release dates. Have they even said when they will be released?

Other than the flyer, nothing from LEGO. What I find more frustrating is the fact that one source says May 1st and another says April 16th, and only one source is actually from LEGO! You would think that a date stated by LEGO would be the official date and other places would say the same, but I guess not.

I think, though, that the sets will be out on the 16th because last year when the POP line came out, they released the sets in April, and the movie came out in May. The hopefully will do the same thing this year...

I was at my local brand store today, and was also told that the sets will be available on monday!

Other than the flyer, nothing from LEGO. What I find more frustrating is the fact that one source says May 1st and another says April 16th, and only one source is actually from LEGO! You would think that a date stated by LEGO would be the official date and other places would say the same, but I guess not.

I think, though, that the sets will be out on the 16th because last year when the POP line came out, they released the sets in April, and the movie came out in May. The hopefully will do the same thing this year...

I guess we will all just have to play the waiting game and see what happens next week.

was looking on the official On Stranger Tides site, and they have the sets listed as "available in stores now" and then next to the prices it says "Available: May 2011"

was looking on the official On Stranger Tides site, and they have the sets listed as "available in stores now" and then next to the prices it says "Available: May 2011"

Well, that's helpful! :pir-laugh:

I was at my local brand store today, and was also told that the sets will be available on Monday!

That's crazy how early some places get them. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled.

I am ready to embrace the love of POTC!!

These will be a new revolution for the Pirates Reclam! :pir-sweet:

I just called my local Lego store and they are as confused as the website seems to be. They first said mid May and then when prodded to double check found something that said April 16th as well as the mid May info. So even the Lego employees have conflicting information. She said they will have the packing list of the incoming April 16th shipment by Friday or Saturday. Once they have that they can definitely verify what is coming.

The Toys r us website now have the POTC sets in. Link

LegoGalactus

This is great! It says that all the sets are available in stores. Unfortunately, this is only for the US. Also, oddly, there is no sign of the sets on shop@home. But this is a fantastic sign! It looks like the April release is the right one!

LegoGalactus, you've got a fast trigger. :pir-tongue: I noticed that TRU has always been bringing out new sets a couple weeks before their official release date. It's happened with the CMF series, maybe TRU struck a deal with TLC to bring them out early in order to increase sales?