Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Also, it looks like the Jack Sparrow hat/hair is all one piece. That means the Blackbeard hat/hair is all one piece, too.

If Blackbeard's hat/beard was one piece they would have made it look more like the movie hat. It's 2 pieces so they can use the hat for Davy Jones aswell. Someone get that guy with QAR set to take photos se we can see for sure.

Theres an anchor in the whitecap bay set! that was a suprise to me.

Edited by deskp

Thanks vagrant! The set looks fantastic, but it's overpriced. I love those mermaids a lot, and the lighthouse is well designed with lots of play features. Thanks again!

Great set and great design. The minifigs are outstanding (especially Jack and the mermaids look simply stunning). The building itself also looks great. This is a must-have for me.

This is the standout set for me - a proper large playset, fully realised with loads of features and those mermaids are must-haves!

By the looks of it I'll be buying more POTC than SW this year, 4194 is just fantastic...a great playset with excellent minifigs and those mermaids ! :pir-wub:

Another set on the can't-wait-until-it's-in-stores one ! :pir-grin:

By the looks of it I'll be buying more POTC than SW this year,

Same here, I have to re-allocate some of my SW budget just to get that oh-so-beautiful QAR. default_wubnew.gif If the 4194 review is any indication, I'm pretty sure QAR will be amazing. Can't wait to finally grab one. default_satisfied.gif

I liked the sets since the prelim pictures, but after these reviews I'm totally in love with them. Amazing, so much great new parts, torsos faces, hairpieces on son on. This is a fantastic new theme :thumbup: Great work Lego.

Ooh, nice!

I really like those mermaids, but Whitecap Bay looks to be more expensive than the London Escape set. I also just noticed that Jack with his coat doesn't appear in the four sets that I'm definitely buying.

I'm very tempted to cut some of my Star Wars budget allowance now.

Too bad about the Hat.. I really hoped it was a separate piece. But the rest of the set is very nice! Can't wait for these to be delivered on my doorstep!

Edited by Jippon

Tres interresant!

I found this on the LEGO club magazine today, seems very interesting.

5574621371_d355c6423d_z.jpg

5575208328_b751cbc6f9.jpg

What does it mean?

I think it looks like a fig holding some sort of gun or fishing rod, also looks like a firing projectile. LEGO usually has hidden images in their preview pictures so I wouldn't be surprised if this is one.

:jollyroger:

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

The lego pirates of the carribean dead mans chest game trailer is know released. you can find it here:

Looks good, Raghetti (one eyed guy) has new hair. Its the hair used on the new ron weasly.

Damn, my wallet is going to hurt, every set looks so good.

Thanks for the pictures.

The (QAR)for the most part looks awesome! Some flaws the cannons don't have wheels,but they have the brown base for the cannon. The sails are beautiful and the design looks good. I was kinda hoping for a deck like the (IFS),but it looks more like the (BB).Anyways I plan on getting all these sets except the mill,to me it has the least appeal. I think instead I'll spend an extra 10 bucks and buy doubles of the London escape :pir-classic: !

Whitecap Bay looks like a terrific set and it has all the elements that appeals to me. I guess this set crosses over with castle quite nicely.

Brickset has released images of 2 POTC polybag sets.

30132-1.jpg

I think this is what buyers will receive alongside their POTC video game purchase, a promotion from Gamestop.

30130-1.jpg

The Black Pearl.

The wooden Captain Jack is quite nice. I think that torso's new.

If only those polybag sets were available here! :sceptic:

No wonder the Black Pearl costs less than the QAR.

No wonder the Black Pearl costs less than the QAR.

True :pir-tongue:

I like the desing of the small pearl, but i seriosly wont gonna buy such a small set in 100€! :pir_laugh2:

Wooden jack is also very nice looking, so its such a shame at polybags wont appear here in Finland. Or do they? I havent seen any, maby polybags only comes in big citys stores.

Captain Becker

I wonder where one can get the mini BP? Im going to preorder the game to get the exclusive Jack but I have not seen any information about the Mini BP.