Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

And there arent´t on this set the new golden coins 1,2,3,4,5... there are the classic 10,20,30,40... :pir-cry_sad: What a real pity..., but anyway, I´m getting this set and a great review!

And there arent´t on this set the new golden coins 1,2,3,4,5... there are the classic 10,20,30,40... :pir-cry_sad: What a real pity..., but anyway, I´m getting this set and a great review!

Good catch there, I didn't notice until you said about the coins.....but yes, they are the older gold coins....not the 1 to 5 marked ones on the box art. Dam, one small black mark against the set.....what do you expect for pirates eh ? :pir_laugh2:

Edited by lightningtiger

I expected something more about this set, but It didn´t dissapoint me nothing...It´s a great set with a lot of interesting parts and a lot of pearl gold pieces and that awesome gol chrome crystal... In the pics from the 2011 Toy Fair, the golden ingots were chrome gold, no pearl gold, the same as the coins, there were 1,2,3,4 and 5... Maybe the set that bought the russian reviewer wasn´t the final product...

edit - sorry stupid wi-fi always stuffs up my postings.

But back on topic, you might be right it could be a pre-release and we'll get the right coins in set after the official date.

Edited by lightningtiger

How many times you will have to say that LT? that was 4th time already :pir_laugh2:

And yes, we are geting 5 gold coins in the set, but also note at there is alot of great parts included and new parts, so its not pity at all IMO.

Captain Becker

EDIT: You are maby right LegoIndy at it mightn not the 100% ready product, but i highly doupt at TLC will change the pearl gold bars into chrome golden ones. They have been fooling whit the box pictures earlier, at the set would look more cooler. We will see when someone here in Eurobricks makes the Review or you will buy the set.

Edited by Captain Becker

Maybe yes, maybe no, who knows Captain Becker... I think that the review for the set will have to wait, I´ve spend all my money in the glorious and giant Imperial Flagship... that at this moment is travelling from France to Spain... :D And you have to know that all the brand new lego themes, in Spain come two or three monds later in comparation with the United States... :) Thanks for your thoughts...

Edited by LegoIndy

I'd like to thanks whoever made that excellent review, even though it was in Russian. I really, really like that set, and I think I'll get it if I have the money. I love the minifigures and all the treasure. Does anyone know how much it'll cost?

I notice (s)he had a photo of all the Jacks. Does that mean (s)he's got all the sets?

Maybe the set that bought the russian reviewer wasn´t the final product...

It is final product, but maybe LEGO will improve it.

I notice (s)he had a photo of all the Jacks. Does that mean (s)he's got all the sets?

Yes, perhaps, I think that we will see soon reviews of other sets "Pirates of the Carribean".

Edited by vagrant

Does anyone know how much it'll cost?

Its in page 98. As you see, they are a bit over prized.

Can any one put these prizes on to the first post so at it would be for all of us easier to check over there?

I have asked this already many times.

Releasedate is 11th May and seemingly in all stores and euro-prices are confirmed.

14,99 cabin

26,99 Isla de la muerta

26,99 fountain

39,99 cannibals

49,99 mill

59,99 London

89,99 lighthouse

129,99 Queen Anne´s Revenge

Captain Becker

Vagrant, thanks so much for bringing that review to our attention.

The one thing that impressed me most was the excellent packaging of the instructions and poster, cardboard protection and inside a plastic bag, something that has only recently been seen in 1000+ piece sets. I don't know if this is just for PotC smaller sets as they have a poster included but it would be great if this was to make it's way into smaller sets from other themes as well.

The details on the figs are exquisite, although I'm not a fan of what I assume is a mould line running through Elizabeth Swan's hair. If all the PotC sets have these great details I'll end up buying more of them than I planned to.

Edited by hewman

Wow, a review already?

I have to admit, I was disappointed to see that Jack's outfit was repeated a few times throughout the sets (previously, it was stated that every set has a different variation of Jack), but the review show that there are actually different heads, not just outfits. This is great news, and the head variations are all available in the smaller sets that I was originally going to buy. :classic:

That said, the torso prints are great, too.

Sorry about that Siggy, i get sometimes so easily off topic. Ill try to not to do it again. :pir-blush:

It's OK, and it wasn't aimed at anyone specifically. It's just we get loads of complaints with topics like this. Now that the sets are actually turning up the conversation should be more easily kept LEGO related.

Good to know. BUt my post was about an exclusive figure albeit it ties to the video game.

Did I quote you? :pir-wink:

I look forward to seeing the rest of the reviews, vagrant! I'm most looking forward to the Whitecap Bay review, because I'd like to see more photos of those beautiful mermaid figures. May I ask where you got these sets?

May I ask where you got these sets?

I am not VerSen. ~_^

But, as I understand, these sets are not hers (VerSen) too. She simply do reviews.

Как уже успели заметить некоторые пользователи форума, в наши (VerSen и мои) руки СОВЕРШЕННО МИСТИЧЕСКИМ ОБРАЗОМ попали наборы серии "Пираты Карибского Моря"

Translate:

"As some users have already noticed sets of series "Pirates of the Carribean" went in our hands (VerSen and my) in ABSOLUTELY MYSTIC WAY."

Zeek is LEGO ambassador.

Edited by vagrant

I am not VerSen. ~_^

But, as I understand, these sets are not hers (VerSen) too. She simply do reviews.

Oh, sorry :pir-blush: ! I just thought because you posted the link that it was you doing the review.

I just thought because you posted the link that it was you doing the review.

No, I find reviews from pole to pole and I add them on Bricker

Interesting concept...

Now is this becoming a PotC hype thread?

Thanks for sharing though! I would never look for these on the web and maybe, just maybe I'll watch the movie just because of TLG and Eurobricks. :pir-tongue:

You're doing some good advertising here.

I already posted this in the sales and deals topic, but I thought this might interest some people over here as well.

Pirates of the Caribbean sets available for pre-order at 15% discount in The Netherlands.

Where?: brickshop (Dutch LEGO webshop)

Discount valid until the first of may 2011.

When you order a complete set, you also get a free keychain and free shipping: POTC collection

As far as I know they only ship within The Netherlands, sadly.

(Btw, I ordered here a couple of times and never had any problems, so it should be safe)

I already posted this in the sales and deals topic, but I thought this might interest some people over here as well.

I got them to ship my UCS millenium falcon (last in stock) to Belgium. But then again, they are expensive. I paid my MF 680 euro's

Okay, back on topic: Vagrant do you know when the other reviuw will be there?