Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Great joy for Pirate fans! (myself included!) :pir-grin:

Smaller sets are a definite must have, but I cant say the same for the larger ones. As Jammiedodger714 said, larger sets could use a few more minifigures... :hmpf_bad:

It seems there's not many new torsos where switching to yellow would be possible. Expectable but unfortunate. Not completely sure about Elizabeth Swann fig though.

If you look at some of the higher resolution pictures it looks like she has a fleshie neckline above her necklace. It's a shame too because I was looking to pick up multiples of that set for that figure alone.

Still, the line looks incredible. New rum bottles, and shutters for the small arched windows look great. I'll definitely be picking up the QAR as I actually like the cartoonish feel of the ship. The stern is extremely exaggerated but it still comes together quite nicely. I can't wait to see more pictures of these sets.

Thanks so much to whoever found those new HR pictures! I wasn't interested in the Captain's Cabin or the London Escape sets when I saw the preliminary pics, but now I love them! All the new parts and figures look amazing. The new mermaid tails are very nice, too.

New pieces! Minifig variation! Etc, etc.

These do look great, and definitely matched my expectations. It is disappointing that we won't have a different Jack figure in each set, but that was inevitable. I may pick up that chase set, because I can have another variation of Jack as well as a nice building. :classic:

These are looking pretty good. Also looks like there will be different coins, instead of the 10-20-30-40 ones looks like 1-5 (and 10) are in the isla de muerta set.

Anyway, these sets look interesting, but bare at the same time. The larger sets need more figures, and the smaller ones are... okay I guess.

Agreed. When we got those early pictures of the prelim boxes, I felt like the sets were pretty skimpy, and relied too heavily on the box artwork. Now, looking at the sets against a stark white background ... it's even worse. The London Escape and Fountain of Youth in particular. The structure in the London Escape is really just a facade with nothing behind it. It's more like a movie set than an actual building. And that waterfall (is that a sticker? a cardboard backdrop??) in the Fountain of Youth is downright terrible.

However, I think Whitecap Bay turned out very nice, and I really like all the new accessories. Particularly that bottle. Man, I've been wanting a decent Lego bottle for years now.

Good... Good Lord!

These sets are better than I could have ever imagined!

The smallest sets contain no less than 4 minifigs!

Looking at all these wonderful sets, I can't really choose which one I will hope to get.

London Chase looks like my favroite, but any of these is good enough for me.

Only downside is that they'll all be overpriced no doubt. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Aedai Rivin

These look amazing... that ship is absolutely stunning. I've always wanted to get a pirate ship but I never have... I might have to make an exception for that beauty.

My impression from the pictures:

All the torsos look great but I'm disappointed that the fleshies won't mix very well with my 2009 pirate collection, but some of them are going to be great.

The new gold bars look very nice and appear more metalic than the pearl gold pieces.

I wanted the London escape set to have a more detailed house, but it does have some nice accessories. The carriage is rather lame but I won't mind getting more dark green pieces.

I like the new hats with the gold printing on them.

:thumbdown: on Blackbeard's sword

My god, none of those sets is anything less than amazing. All those new pieces, i think i'm dreaming! Actually i only collect castle stuff anymore, but i just NEED those. All of them. NOW. :pir-cry_happy: Thanks a lot for those great new pictures, at first i was sceptical but with these new ones i'm totally sold on this theme.

... It is disappointing that we won't have a different Jack figure in each set, but that was inevitable...

Actually he has a different face in every single set if you look carefully. I think that was their idea of a collectible variation :imperialguard_commander1: .

I'm very intrigued by these hats that fit over the minifigure hair. I wonder it they are separable and if so, how that works.

Now we're talking! ) :thumbup:

TLC: "Hey, Penguin, we're going to launch a theme that will be useful for both of your favourite themes: Batman and Castle! What do you think?"

Me: *falling on floor unconscious*

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :pirate:

Some of my own thoughts (most of which are in lock-step with others who have posted):

1) QAR-- I'm still not jumping up and down about this. I'd like to see other angles but I *HATE* the cabin at the back. it looks way too cartoonish. I may be saved the $$ here so I can continue work on my MOC ship or save for the Black Pearl.

2) London Chase-- I love the new windows, sword holders, and bottles. I'll probably pick this up despite the building not even looking like it'll be a whole building :(

3) Captain's Cabin-- like everyone, I love the globe. The "ship in a bottle" stickers are ok, but look to be stickers which suck.

4) Fountain of Youth-- I love the trans elements, but the sticker looks just plain awful.

5) White Cap Bay-- I LOVE this set. I'll definitely pick this one up.

6) Mill-- The wheel is pretty cool but the tower is really pretty plain/boring.

7) Island of Wealth-- some fun new elements and looks pretty good for what the pricepoint seems to be ($20-ish)

8) Which one am I missing?

8) Which one am I missing?

You missed "Cannibal Escape", one of my favourites of this series :pir-sweet:

I love to get more "tribal" minifigs and there are a lot of useful pieces in that set too.

But I'm pretty impressed by all the sets. Probably won't buy the big ship but that's because lack of funds, not that I don't like it. The globe and the bottles are really great new pieces and the minifigs are top notch. Can see some that will fit well in with my Carolean army (Sir Norrington and the guy in Aqau de Vida).

TLG is relly doing well with some of their licensed themes! :thumbup:

Wow this theme looks amazing! Everything has so much detail. I'm not a big POTC fan, but the sets look great ... and would fit nicely into my castle theme :)

A major PLUS, although small, are the sword sheathes! Lego has finally done it. I'm very happy. I just hope they also work with the castle swords :)

I'm not a big fan of fleshies but I think these new POTC sets are a definate must have, but I hope those prices on play.com aren't for real can anyone confirm the prices?

Penelope Cruz looks good even in LEGO (another plus for QAR).

I like the little pirate mummy statue thingy.

That life-size statue is actually larger than life, Johnny Depp is not that tall.

Edited by fred67

My guess for the Penelope Cruz fig would be that there is a small stud on top of the hair piece. I might be wrong though.

I'm definitely more excited for these than I was from just looking at prelims. The larger sets definitely are a little bit sparse, but the sheer amount of new pieces really gets me excited. The sword holders, bottles, hair pieces, gold bars, etc. all look very nice.