Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

If Lego made the Dutchman It will probably come out next year, on a side note I hope they'll fix up the Barbossa Skeleton by maybe giving him a torn up jacket cape and maybe a short beard piece.

It's gonna take all my will power to say to these beautiful sets, I'll get the cheap sets for the figs, but I'm staying away from anything over like $30 to save for SW, cause I have a feeling I'll be really excited for these now, but they'll get phased out and I'll turn back to SW, at least, I hope :pir-devil:

If Lego made the Dutchman It will probably come out next year, on a side note I hope they'll fix up the Barbossa Skeleton by maybe giving him a torn up jacket cape and maybe a short beard piece.

I know, Barbossa just doesnt seem right without a longer beard :pir-sad2:

Oh well the sets are still epic :pir_laugh2:

All the minifigs look great. But I must say that I'm quite disappointed in the QAR. I thought it would be more gold ornament and not so much skulls and bones. Just look at the real thing. http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc4/potc40047.jpg Maybe if they made the skulls and bones in gold I would appreciate it more.

All the minifigs look great. But I must say that I'm quite disappointed in the QAR. I thought it would be more gold ornament and not so much skulls and bones. Just look at the real thing. http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc4/potc40047.jpg Maybe if they made the skulls and bones in gold I would appreciate it more.

Then the price would be higher for sure....Anyway, the QAR does have the most beautiful appearance among

6285 6286 and all other LEGO pirateships.

I must say these sets are looking very good!all the minifigs look awsomeand the sets all look very well detailed.. im very excited for the QAR it is very well detailed it reminds me of my skulls eye schooner so im excited to get it! Hopefully we can get some pics of the londen escape so we can get a glimpse of the new redcoat figs.

Um... I see no pictures? :pir_wacko: The link that was given shows the name and number, though no pictures everyone is seeing. Help would be much needed. :pir-sweet:

I have spoken to a shop manager, and he said that the first sets of potc are released on May 15.

Edited by Blackknight112

This is pretty exciting!

I think this new theme is gonna bring us some awesome new accessories and parts!

However, I must say I am a bit disappointed with the buildings and structures. That Whitecap Bay fortress seems too bland to me and the Mill is quite disappointing as well. The PoP sets had some pretty nice buildings and structures...I was expecting something comparable to that in the level of detail. Hopefully London Escape will have more interesting buildings.

Overall I do like the sets, though! :thumbup:

I was a bit disappointed that Lego decided to use a dwarf beard for Blackbeard, but then again, that means the piece that represents the burning wicks he keeps in his hair might actually attach between the head and the hat. Something like BrickForge's Gladiator Mask.

As to the skeletal Barbossa. It appears that he will be represented by the new NinjaGo skeleton design with possibly some printing to suggest his clothing. Because of this choice, I am a little confused by the images of the Fountain of Youth set showing the classic skeleton with the ball hinge joint. At least I think it was that set. I neet to review the images.

I was also wondering if the baldric that several of the pirates wear would merely be represented by the mail bag piece. From what I've seen, though, is that the piece will actually hold a sword. It may just be a modification of the existing design though. Jack should be wearing a black one. Barbossa's did appear brown, though.

Edited by gedren_y

Jack has two different baldrics in the movies, a black one with a brass buckle in potc 1, and a brown one with a silverish buckle in the other two potc.

Edited by On Stranger Tides

I see a lot of cool new pieces in the small sets, and that's fantastic news. Pearl gold ingots, pearl gold coins, globe, pirate hats and beards.

Now how about those ships in a bottle? I can't really tell if it's a new or existing piece, or if the ship part is a sticker. It looks good from a distance, though.

I was also wondering if the baldric that several of the pirates wear would merely be represented by the mail bag piece. From what I've seen, though, is that the piece will actually hold a sword. It may just be a modification of the existing design though. Jack should be wearing a black one. Barbossa's did appear brown, though.

All of the Baldrics are a modification of the bag piece, all are brown with a small slot which you can easily slide a sword in, you can see one up close in the Captains Cabin set picture

I wish Lego would bring back the bluecoats. Even if they are "technically" british as in PotC... Having another bluecoat original ship that's bigger and better than the Caribbean Clipper would be fantastic as well as it could bolster my bluecoat armies' numbers.

AWESOME....thanks for the link 'dontburntherum'....now we wait for Toy Fair (fingers-crossed) for close-up pictures of the sets.

But now I wonder why he crashed his boat into the wharf ? :pir_laugh2: Ah, must be the rum ! :pir_laugh2:

Keep on going Arrrrrrrrrrr ! :pir_laugh2:

What happened to the globe in the captain's cabin?

And the Aqua de Vida set... is that really just a big sticker? The fountain is nice, what looks like a waterfall curtain looks terrible.

I will likely stick to just getting QAR.

Thanks for the link!

The figs and accessories are looking great, especially that female pirate in the QAR set. I see a bucket in the London Escape set I haven't seen before, and a spider on the wall! Also a new soldier torso and hat with white trim on that redcoat. The bottles look great; I think the ship in the bottle has a printing on it, or is there something inside somehow? Those mermaid tails are very weird. I see terrible new <insert that tiresome argument> pieces in the fountain and cannibal sets :pir_bawling: .

What happened to the globe in the captain's cabin?

Uh, it's still there. Nice and big towards the bottom of the image.

Uh, it's still there. Nice and big towards the bottom of the image.

It is... and it's pretty awesome... :pirate_sad2: but I swear it wasn't there a minute ago!