Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Well, actually it was photographed but thanks, I was glad to share what I found today with everyone ! :pir-classic:

I wonder if that boat we see in the background of Jack might be a future set ?

Keep on waiting for May 2011 ! :pir-classic:

Nice find! Thanks for posting this photo!

As for myself, I hate Pirates of the Caribbean... and I love LEGO Pirates. This puts me in an interesting situation, don't you think? :pir-sceptic:

Well, actually it was photographed but thanks, I was glad to share what I found today with everyone ! :pir-classic:

If it's like PoP was, then I would expect so.

I may not be a fan of pirate themes, but this should have some great piece oppurtunities!

Oh, by the way, how did you find these? I, for the last two weeks, have been looking around for anything to do with 2011 sets, even asking people at stores, and none of them knew anything about it.

I'm pretty sure that ship is part of the map.

Also, what is the icon udner the disney log in the lower right corner?

Thanks for the picture!

OMG Jack Davenport (Who I worked on a film with) is getting a minifig! I must buy that set! (Even thought I hate POTC)

I have a gut feeling that the minifigs won't be that special looking.

That feeling is coming from looking at that Jack Sparrow pic.

Hopefully the soldiers are nice :pirate_sad2:

I'm not sure if it's been said, but the rapier we see in the collectible minifigures series 4 is probably intended for this theme, and introduced early in the musketeer figure. I don't think they'll be arming this new theme with sabers and cutlasses :pir-grin:

Interesting. I like the torso, but I agree that the pistol might look better if it was recoloured or changed, though admittedly I have no idea what it's actually supposed to look like.

Reminds me, didn't Mega Bloks have a Pirates of the Caribbean line some years back? This probably won't happen to lines such as Halo Wars, which I do like but refrain from buying.

I didn't think of the rapier being used here, though it's probably a logical step. Another glimpse of the future using collectible minifigs, perhaps? It's happened quite a bit recently.

Have these been posted yet? Someone from BZPower found these.

4191 The Captain’s Cabin - GBP10.49

In the dead of night, Captain Jack Sparrow sneaks into the captain’s cabin to steal a coveted ship-in-a-bottle. As he turns to leave, two pirates jump out of the shadows. With nowhere to run, will he be able to fend them off and escape with the loot?

4192 Fountain of Youth - GBP21.99

Barbossa, Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow are battling it out for the fabled spring that gives the gift of eternal life. As they clash cutlasses, can Captain Jack tiptoe past them and make it to the fountain first?

4193 The London Escape - GBP49.99

Captain Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs escape the hangman’s noose only to be captured again by King George’s soldiers. Can Jack escape through the busy streets of London and find refuge at the Captain’s Daughter?

4194 Whitecap Bay - GBP71.99

At White Cap Bay, Captain Jack Sparrow and the other pirates must capture a mermaid. Spot them using the searchlight and shoot the net from the boathouse cannon. But beware! If the whale oil tips over the whole lighthouse is sure to go up in flames! GBP71.99

4195 Queen Anne’s Revenge - GBP102.99

From the captain’s quarters perched high on his magnificent ship, Blackbeard secretly looks on as Captain Jack Sparrow and the motley crew attempt mutiny against Angelica and the zombies. Will our heroes be able to take control of the ship before Blackbeard reveals himself?

4181 Isla De la Muerta - GBP21.99

Pirate Lord Hector Barbossa needs to capture the descendant of Bootstrap Bill to rid himself of the curse of the Black Pearl , and he believes it to be the beautiful Elizabeth Swann. As Barbossa turns into a skeleton, can Captain Jack Sparrow defeat the Pirate Lord and gain control of the Black Pearl?

4182 The Cannibal Escape - GBP30.99

Ruuuun! Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have escaped from the cannibal village and are being chased by their hungry foes. Can they reach the safety of the Black Pearl before their guests really do have them for dinner? Set includes roasting spit, bone cage, chief’s chair and cannibal hut.

4183 The Mill - GBP40.99

At the mill, Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Admiral Norrington duel it out for the key to the Dead Man’s Chest. Suddenly the mill wheel shakes loose with them inside! Can they manage to stay upright and still stop Flying Dutchman Pirate Hadras from scuttling away with the prize?

The Mill caught my eye with the 3 awesome figs and one of the most memorable scenes in PotC, but the Fountain of Youth seems to be a good way to get the 3 main figs from OST as well.

That said, I was hoping for more sets (and figs) from the original 3 movies, especially Davy Jones and Elizabeth Swann.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Have these been posted yet? Someone from BZPower found these.

The Mill caught my eye with the 3 awesome figs and one of the most memorable scenes in PotC, but the Fountain of Youth seems to be a good way to get the 3 main figs from OST as well.

That said, I was hoping for more sets (and figs) from the original 3 movies, especially Davy Jones and Elizabeth Swann.

I was under the impression that the Isle de Muerta set had Elizabeth swann in it.

Hey if you look really close at the map in the picture you can see minifigure skulls so I bet the ship there is what the Queen Anne's Revenge will look like.

What the image makes me think is that we'll be getting the map from At Worlds End. It's quite likely that we'll see Jack's compass. Lego is promising Isla de Muerta, so I hope for the famous Aztec gold pieces.

Actually, looking at that picture of the QAR, it kind of reminds me of the shape of the Skulls Eye Schooner. So I wouldn't be surprised if we get a set similar to that, and it better have some nice gold parts for the stern as its pretty expensive!

queen+ship.jpg

I certainly hope the stern isn't yellow it just wouldn't look right :pir-sceptic:

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead

What the image makes me think is that we'll be getting the map from At Worlds End. It's quite likely that we'll see Jack's compass. Lego is promising Isla de Muerta, so I hope for the famous Aztec gold pieces.

Ooh, Aztec gold - I hadn't even thought of that! Hopefully they won't just use standard Lego coins. I need more treasure other than coins, jewels and the occasional Gold ore.

one of my pet peeves about this thread is the negativity, we DON'T know what the sets look like. Wait until we see photos before we all start judging the sets "they look good on paper"

Interesting real life history is that Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge sank long before his death and he died 1718- Potc however seems to take place 1740s- after golden Age of Piracy- and now when new movie supposedly even shows us kings of Spain and England from that era (Ferdinand and George II) it's even more clear that Blackbeard should be dead and QAR sank- but remember Potc- dead are carried to the other world by Davy Jones and he didn't do his duty- meaning that both Blackbeard and his ship were in Davy Jones' locker.... it seems that guy managed to escape like Barbossa and Sparrow did or he made a deal with Jones or something... so this QAR is not normal ship anymore :jollyroger:

Ah, my eyes must be playing tricks on me. :pir_laugh2:

Good that Liz is not going to be Padmé of Potc :pir-classic: - well she can become one- Padmé figure was made 1999 for Star Wars line and since then- she hasn't been in any set- even though character is leading female in all 3 prequel-Sw-films and in the clone Wars tv-series :pir-vader: ...... well Keira Knightley was Padmé's decoy in Star Wars episode1 so Keirafig will have a good head for Padmé as well :monkey: ironic- Padmé can be found from non-star wars set- better than no her at all :pir-laugh: ummm.... yeah in that set she will be ms. Swann..... no chinese pirates or Davy Jones.... too bad Chow-Yun Fat as legofog is really needed :pir_laugh2: