Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Interesting and exciting news. I hope we get the Flying Dutchman, it would be great to see how they do the textured walls.

Finally! Confirmation of the theme! I hope it is based on first movie, if it is we can expect a prison, a fort, lovely redcoats and of course the Black Pearl! :jollyroger:

Hopefully we can make different types of redcoats now, like musketeer's or horsemen with the new bodies.

I'm really excited for this theme, and that torso looks great!

P.s-Do you pirates fans seriously think an everyday customizer made that, the details are tiny and intricate!

Hello, i work at the lego store in birmingham alabama, it is confirmed and im sick of people doubting it.

I'm sick of it too, this place is very negitive. If you use your common sense they then yell at you for neing rude.

It's like "HELLO?!?! ANYONE AWAKE IN THERE?!" The picture of the minifigure was from the LEGO company stand at some fair. How much more do people need?!

Real public confirmation! http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lego-group-and-disney-consumer-products-announce-building-sets-inspired-by-pirates-of-the-caribbean-films-108925804.html

BILLUND, Denmark, Nov. 18, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- The LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products today announced an upcoming collection of LEGO® brand Pirates of the Caribbean construction toys that will set children's imaginations sailing on thousands of build-and-play adventures. Scheduled to launch in spring 2011, eight new building sets will bring the action, stories and characters of the entire series of Pirates of the Caribbean films to life in LEGO form, including the spring 2011 premiere of the fourth installment, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides."

"The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is a classic favorite among families and children around the world," said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing & entertainment at The LEGO Group. "The pirate theme is always a strong player in the LEGO portfolio, and the Pirates of the Caribbean brand offers the quintessential pirate experience with familiar characters, stories and scenes, allowing us to develop even more authentic and exciting models for children and collectors."

"Collaborating with The LEGO Group on the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise is sure to be another great example of how together, we merge timeless characters and stories with a versatile play pattern to create exciting ways to play for children and fans of all ages," said Vince Klaseus, senior vice president of global toys, Disney Consumer Products. "We look forward to giving children a chance to recreate the adventures from the big screen, while adding their own creative twists and ideas through LEGO building."

In a companion release today, Disney Interactive Studios, TT Games and the LEGO Group announced that LEGO Pirates of Caribbean: The Video Game is scheduled for release on multiple video game platforms in May 2011.

I'm pumped! 8 sets in spring 2011... :D

Edited by Dhivael

Finally! Confirmation of the theme! I hope it is based on first movie, if it is we can expect a prison, a fort, lovely redcoats and of course the Black Pearl! :jollyroger:

Hopefully we can make different types of redcoats now, like musketeer's or horsemen with the new bodies.

I'd imagine this theme with be similar to Toy Story.... The first sets based on the franchise as a whole and then follow up sets from the new film.

Thoughts?

Edited by Omega 8

Woah, so it's really happening, yay, can't wait to see what the sets would be like...and the minifigs mmm, i guess they will be as detailed as new Harry Potter ones :pir-sweet:

Edited by CDC

Thanks Dhivael for bringing us this fantastic news.

Eight sets based on all the movies (not only the new one) coming in the Spring :thumbup:

I'll start saving money!

Frontpaged!

It's confirmed!!! Eight sets is really alot! I am sure this POTC theme will provide many much more inspiration and fun for our Pirates Community. :thumbup:

I'm kind of skeptical of the POTC theme. I am not looking forward to flesh-figs. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Hopefully the sets will be a better quality than the recent pirate theme sets. I never got either of the ships.

I am really glad to see that TLG is going to continue to create pirate elements. :thumbup:

I still need to get a lot of piratey crew and weapons.

I'm very curious about how these will end up looking. One way or the other, it is very exciting news that we'll at least be getting some new pirate parts. :pir-classic:

Oh no.... :pir-cry_sad: My wallet wont be happy in 2011 :pir_bawling:

Exellent news! Im totally speechless and cant wait for 2011 right now, when TLG now confirmed that. Now i want to see those pictures :pir-cry_happy:

Thanks for the great news Dhivael

Captain Becker

Woohoo! I'm so excited! :pir-cry_happy: I think I'm going to cry tears of joy... I can't wait for pictures!

Edited by Flare

Excellent news, just what I have been waiting for. With a wave of 8 sets,which will be based on the first three films as well as On Stranger Tides I am sure we will see some brilliant new and realistic mold which will add to our Classic Pirates collection.

I for one am hoping to see some wig pieces and some more weapons. The minifigure prints, I am sure, will also be as brilliant as previous licensed themes this year.

Can't wait now :pir-cry_happy:

Yes, oh yes! 8 is a really nice Number!

"for children and collectors" Sounds good! :thumbup:

Great! Now we can finally start some real discussion (instead of just trying to convince the non-believers that this theme is real). :pir-classic:

I'm guessing that half of the sets will be classic PotC and the other half will be PotC 4. Hopefully most of them will be somewhat affordable. Can't wait to see the Davy Jones fig!

The videogame should be fun too, seeing how much the Lego games have improved!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi