Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

look at my name haha trust me, potc on stranger tides is on lockdown till trailer

Fair enough. Do you know when the trailer comes out BTW?

trailer comes out in tron movie in december, whenever that lame movie comes out

So that means we will see PotC sets at Toy Fair, right?

Edited by prateek

So that means we will see PotC sets at Toy Fair, right?

no idea when toy fair is but as soon as lego store managers get pics ill post, trust me no one wants these more than mr. pirate everything is my life

Well, keep your eyes open, you never know when pics will leak out, rest assured you wont be dissapointed :pir-wink: oh, and expect the same deal as Indy(Sets based on new and old films)

trailer comes out in tron movie in december, whenever that lame movie comes out

Tron release date is December 17th. So maybe about a month until we see some set photos. The release of "On Stranger Tides" is May 20th.

Tron release date is December 17th. So maybe about a month until we see some set photos. The release of "On Stranger Tides" is May 20th.

OH YEA AT DRAGON CON I TALKED TO LEE ARENBURG AND MARTY THE MIDGET ALL WEEKEND sorry bout caps, theyr sad the wrote them out of new movie, but i hop i get figs of them

OH YEA AT DRAGON CON I TALKED TO LEE ARENBURG AND MARTY THE MIDGET ALL WEEKEND sorry bout caps, theyr sad the wrote them out of new movie, but i hop i get figs of them

Please, On Stranger Tides, check your posting and do not use all capitals.

The spelling and grammar are horrible, and your post is hardly readable.

Hey guys, browsed through only the last 2 pages of this thread and it seems that there is still doubt about it's existence. I've recently seen a pdf file given to dealers of next year's lifestyle products, and it's pretty much confirmed that PotC is coming out as a theme next year as there were minifigure keychains of them. I'm not really able to recall exactly how many and who, but after finally watching Curse of the Black Pearl for the first time yesterday, I have reason to believe that it is based on the first movie, as the minifigures I can recall are:

Captain Barbossa

Captain Jack Sparrow

Elizabeth Swan (didn't look very nice imo)

Black Guy with dreadlocks (One of Barbossa's crew right?)

Another Black Guy with creepy eyes (I think)

Note that I could not see much or in close detail, but given the fact that keychains are already being marketed to dealers can pretty much confirm that PotC is coming out next year. I'm sorrry for not having any pictures or anything to confirm this, but trust me.

Also, there was some strange battlepack for what seems to be a new theme replacing Space Police III, something along the lines of Alien Invasion or something, I can't recall the name exactly. Saw 2 aliens, different heads but a rather disgusting colour of green with 2 what seems like Power Miners suited soldiers and a Civilian-like figure.

That is all.

Oh wow! this is great news, and also that "Alien Invasion" theme sounds fantastic! very B-Movie-esque!

Thanks for the news!

Will/Rocketbilly

G'day everyone, some bad news and some good news.....bad first....couldn't see catalogue.....good news, another retailer told me he has pre-ordered the FIVE sets on blind-ordering (ordering without seeing pictures) with the same price grouping as PoP.

Keep on going ARRRRR ! :pir-classic:

G'day everyone, some bad news and some good news.....bad first....couldn't see catalogue.....good news, another retailer told me he has pre-ordered the FIVE sets on blind-ordering (ordering without seeing pictures) with the same price grouping as PoP.

Keep on going ARRRRR ! :pir-classic:

That's brilliant news to here. It is nice to have confirmation on the theme BUT I want to at least know what the sets are.

Did anyone get any names? I take it nobody saw pictures but were there names.

Hey guys, browsed through only the last 2 pages of this thread and it seems that there is still doubt about it's existence. I've recently seen a pdf file given to dealers of next year's lifestyle products, and it's pretty much confirmed that PotC is coming out as a theme next year as there were minifigure keychains of them. I'm not really able to recall exactly how many and who, but after finally watching Curse of the Black Pearl for the first time yesterday, I have reason to believe that it is based on the first movie, as the minifigures I can recall are:

Captain Barbossa

Captain Jack Sparrow

Elizabeth Swan (didn't look very nice imo)

Black Guy with dreadlocks (One of Barbossa's crew right?)

Another Black Guy with creepy eyes (I think)

Note that I could not see much or in close detail, but given the fact that keychains are already being marketed to dealers can pretty much confirm that PotC is coming out next year. I'm sorrry for not having any pictures or anything to confirm this, but trust me.

Also, there was some strange battlepack for what seems to be a new theme replacing Space Police III, something along the lines of Alien Invasion or something, I can't recall the name exactly. Saw 2 aliens, different heads but a rather disgusting colour of green with 2 what seems like Power Miners suited soldiers and a Civilian-like figure.

That is all.

Interesting.... I would very much like a set of dreadlocks and more black minifigs is good.

Also interesting that bit about a new space theme. do you think you could describe the heads in detail or doodle them up in Paint? I would very much like to know more about new alien heads :)

I am really interested in the PotC line, as I got only one of the new pirates sets and a small one of the armada line...I like fleshies really much, as I like the whole theme.

After I wasn't quite a fan of the newly released Star Wars sets I think, this might become great.

I hope that TLC won't make the line like other licensend ones, where small sets where sold for high prices, I am very much looking forward for the 10€ and the 20€ sets, and if they're good, maybe even some larger sets.

I for myself can't remember any black protagonists in the first three movies, the only ones in my head are the guys who bring will to that indio island, where they're caught in the cages at film two. But maybe there are some important blacks in the 4th movie :pir_wacko:

I don't mind some more racial diversity anyways. :pir-sweet:

@lightningtiger: Do you have an idea when the sets will come? And is there any chance to get the names/pictures of them when they arrive?

Sorry, everyone....no to ETA and no to names.....but I was told there is at least one big ship....but that is all I was told.

Keep on waiting. :pir-sweet:

Sorry, everyone....no to ETA and no to names.....but I was told there is at least one big ship....but that is all I was told.

Keep on waiting. :pir-sweet:

That's good news!

I have a feeling that the big ship is going to be the Black Pearl, looking at what minifigs we should be getting. Also, I just remembered, there were also some imperial guard minifigs keychains, very much looking like those of the current theme. Redcoated and all, looking a bit more classic following those of the movie. Expect lots of tri-cone hats (hope I got the name correct.) Also, Elizabeth Swan's outfit looked pretty much like the governor's daughter from the current theme. White dress and all but no hat.

about the alien invasion thing, I will try to recall to the best of my ability later, as I can only remember the civilian and aliens more clearly and will try to sketch the aliens later. However, my memory is rather fuzzy, but honestly, the aliens looked of such pukish green standing beside the other characters. I think the green was on the likes of Space Police III wave's 2 Rench.

Regarding when PotC will be released, I think it should be slated for a July/august release, just like the current pirate theme if I am not wrong. After all, we have not seen any pictures of sets and are already getting quite some new themes at the start of the year.

Regarding when PotC will be released, I think it should be slated for a July/august release, just like the current pirate theme if I am not wrong. After all, we have not seen any pictures of sets and are already getting quite some new themes at the start of the year.

I am sure it will be an April release like Indiana Jones and KotCS or Toy Story 3 as the film is slated to be released in May. Pics for Spring releases don't always pop up so early, but I'm sure some will show up by the time NY Toy Fair rolls around in February.

Also, an earlier source said that there would be no sets based on the first three films, so I find it unlikely that you actually saw Elizabeth Swan. Perhaps it was Blackbeard's Daughter.

Therre was a name on it. I am quite sure it was her. Although I am not very familiar with PotC yet, perhaps you are right about that Clone o' Patra. Then again Elizabeth could be wearing the same outfit in the new movie or we may see the same release pattern as toy story. Old movies first then sets from new.

Therre was a name on it. I am quite sure it was her. Then again Elizabeth could be wearing the same outfit in the new movie or we may see the same release pattern as toy story. Old movies first then sets from new.

Elizabeth is not in the new film, but there's nothing to say that there won't be sets from the first three besides for that earlier source. As there's no confirmation on anything besides that there will be Pirates sets, we'll just have to wait and see once some pictures turn up. If you say you saw her, I believe you. I was just going off of what that earlier source had said, although there was nothing to say that he was reliable.

G'day everyone, I have heard along the grapevine and just remember this might be forth or sixth hand, that big ship....well guess from this clue......character from Spongebob...that's all I'm going to say. :pir-wink:

Plus that's all I know too. :jollyroger:

Keep on going ARRRRRR ! :pir-grin:

G'day everyone, I have heard along the grapevine and just remember this might be forth or sixth hand, that big ship....well guess from this clue......character from Spongebob...that's all I'm going to say. :pir-wink:

Plus that's all I know too. :jollyroger:

Keep on going ARRRRRR ! :pir-grin:

does he have a locker???