Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I'm betting they'll come out in the summer wave of 2011. That's very good news for me. I'll have birthday money in-hand, and be able to spend the bit I have now on the new Egyptian sets. I bet some of the new Atlantis figs are going to be popping up in Davy Jones' crew.

In M#ç@B70ks fan forum, Dave, Larry & Co. are heavily ironic about POTC theme, saying it's a blatant copy of their beloved action figure oriented POTC theme :pir-sick: .

In M#ç@B70ks fan forum, Dave, Larry & Co. are heavily ironic about POTC theme, saying it's a blatant copy of their beloved action figure oriented POTC theme :pir-sick: .

There are mega crap fans? And they actually have a fanbase?

What an excellent topic idea. :thumbup:

Although I think a trilogy of the POTC is enough, this movie is something to look forward to.

It would be awesome to see a reintroduction of the Armada!

There are mega crap fans? And they actually have a fanbase?

Who knew?

I am a little suspicious of Plastic Nuraks knowledge of... Megehh :pir-sick: , eh I cant even say it... forums... hope he isnt betraying Lego. What I find really sad is that they have the balls to accuse LEGO of copying THEM... I mean seriously... :pir-angry:

Remember POP was in April this year, so POTC would be at the same time.

It might seem that Lego and Disney will do at least live action release and at least two cartoon release each year of the deal. :pir-classic:

Lego are very good at teasing us with SW, city and licenced themes remember ? :pir-wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :pir-sweet:

:pir-sick:READ (AT YOUR OWN RISK) AND... EHR... 'ENJOY' :pir-sick:

Who knew?

I am a little suspicious of Plastic Nuraks knowledge of... Megehh :pir-sick: , eh I cant even say it... forums... hope he isnt betraying Lego.

I hope you're joking :pir-oh3: . I'm not a betrayer :cannon: !!!

What I find really sad is that they have the balls to accuse LEGO of copying THEM... I mean seriously... :pir-angry:

LOL, I agree :pir-grin: !

Hey I would love to see the Armadas return... Although the armada its self wasnt accurate in the classic line, it is still the most accurate soilders for the pirates to battle.

I hope they come back, after all I am NOT looking forward to the POTC line. (as I have said before, I like LEGO, I love POTC, but I am not crazy about the two being combined)

Under no circumstances will the new ships be bigger than the Imperial Flagship - at least that's what I'd expect. That said, they should provide us with some nice new colours, at least if the HMS Endeavour is really made - although I doubt it, because if I were TLG, I'd launch the Black Pearl first and gauge public reaction to that before considering another POTC ship set.

I think it is because in the book "On Stranger Tides" they encounted they encounter the ghost ship "Nuestra Senora de Lagrimas" as I can see in this book, And he says:

"You may not have heard of her, but probably half these men know her story. She was carrying gold from Veracruz and had the misfortune to meet an English Privateer, the Charlotte Bailey. A couple of Englishmen survived to tell about it. Terrible sea battle - lasted four hours - and both ships went to the bottom" He looked over at Shandy and grinned. "This was in 1630." Shandy blinked "Nearly a century ago".

So yes the Spanish in this movie may be the new fantasy ghost pirates. :pir_laugh2:

Who knew?

I am a little suspicious of Plastic Nuraks knowledge of... Megehh :pir-sick: , eh I cant even say it... forums... hope he isnt betraying Lego. What I find really sad is that they have the balls to accuse LEGO of copying THEM... I mean seriously... :pir-angry:

Hmm I have to say that its kind of immature for both parties (Lego and MEGa) to be attacking each other all the time. People should just see that both companies have things to offer and get over it.

I love Lego sets and am happy Lego is making Pirates of the Carribbean. :pir-devil:

I'm really hoping for new Armada, but also for Whietcoats or Yellowcoats.

My deduction:

Whitecoats: I heard the movie begins with Jack in Louisiana, which at the time of POTC was French ruled, and since France wore white pre-Revolution, they might make an appearance in the movie, and maybe Lego will put them in a set.

Yellowcoats: The fountain of youth is in Florida, right? Florida is Spanish. early 17th century Spain wore Yellowcoats.

If they did make new Armada figs, I'm hoping they would come with silver helmets instead of black.

If they did make new Armada figs, I'm hoping they would come with silver helmets instead of black.

That would be amazing indeed. True Conquestadores!

BUT, the whole POTC story is plays between 1750-1800, The Conquestadores along with the Aztecs are long gone by then. :pirate_sad2:

So perhaps it might be possible to see for example new Bluecoats, yellowcoats or which colour they desire, with Spanish looking faces.

These thoughts, I love speculation! :pir-tongue:

BUT, the whole POTC story is plays between 1750-1800

Exactly where/when has the time period for the Pirates of the Caribbean universe been confirmed?

And even if it has been confirmed, is that really going to stop the filmmakers from taking creative liberities?

But lets look into this by examining the rumour material:

the not-so-dead sailor claims to have sailed on a vessel belonging to the ship of Ponce de Leon, who died 200 years ago

The real Ponce de León lived between 1474 to 1521, so that means Strangers Tides would be set around 1721.

However, there are numerous Ponce de Leóns throughout history, so I've just assumed it's the Spanish Conquistador because he's the most likely fit for the story.

Hmm I have to say that its kind of immature for both parties (Lego and MEGa) to be attacking each other all the time.

They only are immature, us the Legofans simply ignore them, with some very little exception like this one...

...they cannot :pirate_skel1::pir_laugh2: !

Edited by Plastic Nurak

It would be nice to see the return of some Armada faction, but it will also depend on how they will produce these 'Armadians' into the movie, (mostly) historically correct or not.

The original LEGO Armada line wasn't very historically correct, not for that age at least.

Still, I have no problem at all with Armada returning! Many parts like the helmet are still in production anyway.

PS: we also have a confirmed Black Pearl ship :pir-devil: .

EDIT: this is a picture of one of the games, so that looks good!

And since these are supposed to be damned, that overcomes the historical time issue too.

pirates-of-the-caribbean-armada-of-the-damned-screenshot-cg-e3-2010.jpg

Wow, nice pic, I didn't know they made a game. Are they coming out with a new one or some other game? Back to the topic, hopefully we get a new armada thing. Together, my brother (kingofthezempk) and I only have 1 Armada ship, and it's really just a caravel thing with a tiny cannon. So I hope this is the Return....! :pir-sweet:

And since these are supposed to be damned, that overcomes the historical time issue too.

Damned you say?

Jack Sparrow mentions there will be zombies in the On Stranger Tides teaser trailer previewed at Comic Con a few weeks back.

Combine this with the rumour synopsis of the intro:

the not-so-dead sailor claims to have sailed on a vessel belonging to the ship of Ponce de Leon

So therefore, the possibility exists there could be other not-so-dead personnel from this ship, including conquistadors.

Ah, i would be very glad if the mighty armada would return.. But infact i am not so sure if this might be true... Damn it is so difficult to live in the dark, especially when we do not have any decent evidence, just vague stories and pictures where we can think anything. But yes, i would love if they would return even at its a bit unsure at me. We live in times of doubt aye maties? (Yes, I am skeptical of everything in modern times)

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

That in game picture is so good looking. I can't wait to see the POTC line. It will add so much to the MOC 'ing ability of the great group we have in the pirates forum.