Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

A NEW CALENDAR of March from SHANGHAI DIENSY LEGO STORE shows there will be a exclusive set numbered 71042 released at end of March

We have already know the ship from Pirates of the Caribbean is coming in April and the mini figures have been leaked from JIAXING factory for days

WHAT‘S most important, there is also a picture that looks like a huge ship but we can distinguish which ship it is

you can downland it from store.lego.com

3 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Where can we find the image exactly? I've been looking, and can't find ANYTHING.

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/stores/-/media/brand retail/stores/calendar/2017/mar/sh-20170103118-d2c calendar 2017_03_front 621x947.jpg?l.r2=-1174803324

I hope I am not doing anything wrong as this is an official lego resource https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/stores/cn/shanghai

edit: it does looks like an odd ship tbh...

edit 2: never mind, the ships is sailing towards the right of your window, making it look less odd :laugh:

Edited by Maxim I

4 minutes ago, chofus said:

Hope we got some pictures or infos soon, cant wait anymore :-)

Well, we can be at least sure now it is not the Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman ... :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Well, we can be at least sure now it is not the Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman ... :laugh:

Looking at what is already visible there seem to be non-black sails (I could be wrong though), so I think it isn't the Dying Gull either. Maybe one of the ships early in the trailer?

Edit: also, that platypus has some great parts :P

Edited by Legostone

YESSSSSSSSS TAKE MY MONEY :wub::wub: 

I don't care what it looks like I'm stilling buying it! 

Edited by Ashnflash

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I can't see the image, am I missing something here? 

Check the link I posted. There you see a chinese calendar. Around the end of march, you see a box which has been blurred and has a "question"-mark on it

3 minutes ago, Galaad said:

Am I the only one seeing some sort of Kraken breaking this boat in two ?

That is a possibility as well... There definitely is a creature in the sea. I wasn't sure if it is a rowboat or a kraken.

If it is a Kraken, the Flying Dutchman can be a possible, but it will not be a grey ship then...

Wow...im honestly shocked its not the pearl. I feel like it would have sold better. None of the less at least were getting a big ship. Lets hope its a good one

I see 2 broken masts, its the silent mary.. :angry: Also the color seem to fit for that.

Works out:

2qnqyhk.png

Edited by deskp

33 minutes ago, deskp said:

I see 2 broken masts, its the silent mary.. :angry: Also the color seem to fit for that.

Works out:

2qnqyhk.png

If we only knew know what the purpose of that ship is in  the POTC movies... I mean, it would be pointless if TLG releases a set that only appears 2 minutes in the movie...
Where is the bow btw of that ship?

14 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

If we only knew know what the purpose of that ship is in  the POTC movies... I mean, it would be pointless if TLG releases a set that only appears 2 minutes in the movie...
Where is the bow btw of that ship?

Its the (ghost) ship of Salazar the main villain, hes out to get Jack. The front, back and bottom of the ship is CG.

The ship will surely have a decent amount of screentime.

You also saw the ship in the trailer. (as it looked before becoming a ghost wreck.) 

2gwry8p.jpg

Edited by deskp

From 4chan, a description of the set from London Toy Fair:

Only one big set with ship,it has a ghost shark,6 ghost pirates,captain salazar,jack sparrow,will turner,his son,other pirates that I don't know.

Also talks about City, Cars and Sports, if anybody's interested.

37 minutes ago, Swamp said:

Only one big set with ship,it has a ghost shark,6 ghost pirates,captain salazar,jack sparrow,will turner,his son,other pirates that I don't know.

At Least there's a decent amount of figures. at least 12 it sounds like from that.

Surely the female lead is in it aswell?

Edited by deskp

36 minutes ago, Swamp said:

Also talks about City, Cars and Sports, if anybody's interested.

All the other information is wrong in the post. No Sports theme. Cars and Last Jedi don't have that much sets. So I assume the POTC description is fake news.

Outch, great now we might end up with a ship we don't want   with few minifigures after all x]

Just now, Swamp said:

Good to know, thanks. Maybe there's hope we'll get more than one POTC set.

Besides the BrickHeadz, I think this is it.

4 minutes ago, just2good said:

Besides the BrickHeadz, I think this is it.

There'll be potc brickheadz?

The Black Pearl is deffintly out as it's just to distinctive to miss.

The Dying Gull is just too small of a ship to warrant a price of $250 unless it was a set with two ships, which this does not look like.

I highly doubt it would be The Queen Ann's Revenge as I don't even know if that ship is in this movie. 

The Silent Mary is a strong possibility as it is the main ship for the villain of the movie and the last POTC wave had the flagship of the wave to be the villains ship.

There is a possibility that this could in fact be Will Turners Flying Dutchman as it did somewhat change form at the end of at Worlds End.  

All of this is just really an educated gusss but I do think it adds up. 

It took me a moment to even see the ship, I'm used to them facing to the left on the boxes... but this is facing to the right?

What I can see doesn't exactly inspire me, but I'll wait and see. It would be great to get another ship, but it would also be great to save a bunch of money.

A D2C Black Pearl would have been a day one for me.

Edited by David Thomsen