Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

If it is legit it confirms Cars 3 and Sports themes as well.

Cars 3 has been already confirmed.

It's the same ship.

The movie has:

ghost villain ship former spanish war ship i think.

'redcoat' ship

Black pearl

Dying gull

Queen anne's revenge

Wow, so many amazing ships! So Lego has made Queen Anne and the Black Pearl already, correct? So I'm guessing that it would it be more likely that we will get Jack's Rainbow Gypsy and one of the newer larger ships rather than a remake of the other two. Besides the ships it would be great if the made a set of a dock or harbor. I've always wanted a set of one of those...

Wow, so many amazing ships! So Lego has made Queen Anne and the Black Pearl already, correct? So I'm guessing that it would it be more likely that we will get Jack's Rainbow Gypsy and one of the newer larger ships rather than a remake of the other two. Besides the ships it would be great if the made a set of a dock or harbor. I've always wanted a set of one of those...

The ship is called the dying gull, it was just made out of a real life vessel called the rainbow gypsy ;)

I would think they would take the opportunity to make a new Black Pearl, it's jacks ship and a bit of an icon to older fans, so its kindof a 'big deal'. people weren't too positive on the previous one, and that'll be 6 six years old. Besides in 2011 the pearl wasn't in the movie this time it is.

The redcoat ship probably won't be as much of a "character" so no need for making that.

I made a visual list:

jrd6k6.png

*used pix of pearl and queen anne's revenge from previous films for A better full view ;)

redcoats on ship

Edited by deskp

I don't get why everyone might concider this picture fake,with the new movie coming out next year and POTC being Disney property and since Lego has a good relationship with the company I've no doubt that we're getting sets.

I can definitely see the ghost ship Salazar captains and the Dying Gull becoming official sets. The others? We may see the Black Pearl re-released at a later date, but I doubt it'll be with the initial wave. Three ships would make the market a bit saturated, and I can't see Lego doing that. It's most likely the reason they didn't release the Black Pearl with the initial PotC wave back in 2011.

Still, if the image posted earlier was real, we're looking at five sets, which looks to be a nice haul. I'm excited to see the figures. The first wave had an incredible range of figures, and Davy Jones is still one of my favourite figures released to date. I can't wait to see what Lego has in store! default_satisfied.gif

Cool!

Im not a big pirates guy, but id love to have a big ship to put on display, and the last pirate ship didnt quite do it for me.

Three possible new ships, awesome!

Still, if the image posted earlier was real, we're looking at five sets, which looks to be a nice haul.

I only see 4 boxes

Maybe the fifth set is indeed an exclusive of D2C. Hoping for the Flying Dutchman... Even if it's the new version with Cpt. William Turner.

The ship is called the dying gull, it was just made out of a real life vessel called the rainbow gypsy ;)

I would think they would take the opportunity to make a new Black Pearl, it's jacks ship and a bit of an icon to older fans, so its kindof a 'big deal'. people weren't too positive on the previous one, and that'll be 6 six years old. Besides in 2011 the pearl wasn't in the movie this time it is.

The redcoat ship probably won't be as much of a "character" so no need for making that.

I made a visual list:

*snip super helpful visual list*

Wow, that list was very helpful! Thanks!

I would much rather see another Black Pearl than a ghost ship. Ghost ships don't seem to translate to Lego very well. But I'm crossing my fingers for a Dying Gull...

Well, with these posts being fake, I still believe that we will get POTC 5 sets, just because this theme is popular and TLG has close ties with Disney. So cheer up and don't put your hopes aside guys pirate_classic.gif

Edited by Ookami

Wow, I can't believe that leaker managed to trick us, those pictures really looked like the usual retail catalogue leaks... What a bummer pirate_cry4.gif Why anyone would do that is beyond me, they must have spent an insane amount of time on that to get all the details right. I hope they had their fun (at least until we find them and pelt them with rotten megablocks pirate_laugh2.gif )

Edited by Lego-Freak

Seriously??Since I respect this forum I wont use any bad language.....but some people just want to watch the world burn.

There are no sets for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales...

Well not yet any way.....I wont let my hopes get down so easily.

I agree with what Ookami said :thumbup:

Edited by LOTR34

Really disappointed that line was based on a fabrication. The whole thing originated from this thread with some strong accusations towards a Eurobricks member potentially creating the false leak. I for one, would be very disappointed if the accusations turn out to be true.

https://boards.4chan.org/toy/thread/5808966/lg-lego-general-take-my-money-editon

Really disappointed that line was based on a fabrication. The whole thing originated from this thread with some strong accusations towards a Eurobricks member potentially creating the false leak. I for one, would be very disappointed if the accusations turn out to be true.

https://boards.4chan...my-money-editon

And the mature thing to do is to spread the rumor before verifying it!! :thumbup:

:hmpf_bad:

With all due respect Hinckly the accused is the exact person who I received this information from. I'm sure you have seen the link to the thread all over your own site, not to mention many of the other main Lego fan sites. I did not name the person but simply posted the exact information that the person posted themselves in the form of the link. Nor did I accuse the person of the wrongdoing, merely stated that I hope that the accusation is wrong.

With all due respect Hinckly the accused is the exact person who I received this information from. I'm sure you have seen the link to the thread all over your own site, not to mention many of the other main Lego fan sites. I did not name the person but simply posted the exact information that the person posted themselves in the form of the link. Nor did I accuse the person of the wrongdoing, merely stated that I hope that the accusation is wrong.

I don't care about the issue at hand, at all. I don't even know if whoever did it or whatever and again, I do not care. The only reason I even know about it is because I was directly contacted about it. I, and you all as well I believe, have much better things to do with my time then pay attention to BS like this.

But stating you hope the accusation is wrong and then posting all of the attacks and the entire drama here is not, in my opinion, neutral. Posting that thread is perpetuating the accusation and the drama. If you hope the accusation is wrong, why post that before any conclusion has been reached?

The person suspected of creating the leaks themselves posted here on Eurobricks that exact link to that thread, accusations and all. Otherwise I would've had no idea whom the leaks could have come from.

Listen, I I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and your staff. And I certainly wouldn't presume to tell you how to run your site.

That there is a possibility that a member of this site was the origin of leaks that it caused a certain level of chaos on many Lego fansites is disappointing.

This is your site and your rules and I'm happy to drop the topic.

There are no sets for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales...

You saying that cause leak is fake or because you know stuff?

The leak being fake opens there up to be more than 4 sets.

The person suspected of creating the leaks themselves posted here on Eurobricks that exact link to that thread, accusations and all. Otherwise I would've had no idea whom the leaks could have come from.

Listen, I I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and your staff. And I certainly wouldn't presume to tell you how to run your site.

That there is a possibility that a member of this site was the origin of leaks that it caused a certain level of chaos on many Lego fansites is disappointing.

This is your site and your rules and I'm happy to drop the topic.

No worries, man. And thank you. I just want to challenge the idea of bringing it up at all. Thanks for explaining your point of view.

To be honest, the whole thing makes me just roll my eyes. I could care less what actually happened. And maybe it goes to show why it's not a good idea to make a reputation from posting leaks.