Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

No, I don't believe they said that. There was an official communication in writing (read it on the internet) that said something like classic Pirates isn't going away forever, it's just on hiatus. That was in regards to the announcement of PotC.

No, TLC did say that, it was in response to an email I sent to them questioning the future of LEGO Pirates, alas I have not saved the email, but they definitely said in it "There will always be some pirates sets on the shelves". So at least we can remain hopeful of SOMETHING :pir_laugh2:

No, TLC did say that, it was in response to an email I sent to them questioning the future of LEGO Pirates, alas I have not saved the email, but they definitely said in it "There will always be some pirates sets on the shelves". So at least we can remain hopeful of SOMETHING :pir_laugh2:

Oh really. Now that's intriguing. Do you remember who composed that email? Was it customer service?

I don't understand. I've been here the whole time and people forgot about me while i'm the main villain in At World's end :pir-laugh:

Hope you're not offended, chap, but we at the Lego company have decided not to make a Beckett minifigure; it's just good business.

*painful laughter* :pir-tongue:

Murtogg and Mullroy are hilarious. "Maybe it was th' fish people?" Would definitely love to have their figs.

Edited by Napoleon53

Just bought and built the QAR in under 4 hours, a nice ship and reminds me a little of the Black Seas Barracuda, a few things I will add to it like cannons but overall a decent set :) As for the theme, I would think if we don't hear anything solid soon, I would stop hoping as it looks to me that any more sets is more wishful thinking then anything else.

Just bought and built the QAR in under 4 hours, a nice ship and reminds me a little of the Black Seas Barracuda, a few things I will add to it like cannons but overall a decent set :) As for the theme, I would think if we don't hear anything solid soon, I would stop hoping as it looks to me that any more sets is more wishful thinking then anything else.

I don't believe it!

Sorry, couldn't resist. This line is so incomplete, so much is missing. Unfortunately if there were to be more on the way (besides FD) we would surely have heard about it by now?

I don't believe it!

Sorry, couldn't resist. This line is so incomplete, so much is missing. Unfortunately if there were to be more on the way (besides FD) we would surely have heard about it by now?

Well, Lego managed to keep the Funhouse set under wraps until about 2 weeks before its release, so I believe that this year, if Lego wants us to know about a new theme, we'll know. If they don't, WE won't.

Hope you're not offended, chap, but we at the Lego company have decided not to make a Beckett minifigure; it's just good business.

*painful laughter* :pir-tongue:

Murtogg and Mullroy are hilarious. "Maybe it was th' fish people?" Would definitely love to have their figs.

Hahaha :pir-laugh:

There needs to be more ships in that line. Again, I'd love to see the Endeavor, that would be the best set they could release! I've inquired as to its possible making at LEGO, but no reply yet. With that ship, one could get Murtog and Mullroy. Ah, I love those idiotic conversations they have!

"You've seen a ship with black sails, that's crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out?"

"No."

"No."

"But I have seen a ship with black sails."

"Oh, and no ship that's not crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out could possibly have black sails, therefore couldn't possibly be any other ship than the Black Pearl, is that what you're saying?"

"No."

Edited by Captain Blackbeard

There needs to be more ships in that line. Again, I'd love to see the Endeavor, that would be the best set they could release! I've inquired as to its possible making at LEGO, but no reply yet.

There's also other ships that could be released: The dauntless, The Interceptor, The Empress, The Hai Peng...just to call a few..

There won't be much more ships I think,

you can forget about the interceptor and dauntless, there's no way those could be official sets, who would want to buy these ships ?

We ofcourse :pir_laugh2:

but other than our limited group I don't think so, it's mainly a commercial succes, everyone wants the black pearl,

besides, there have never been very much ships available at a time,

- black seas barracuda and caribbean clipper, 2 ships

- Skull's Eye schooner, imperial flagship and renegade runner (1 big, 2small ships)

- cross bone clipper, armada flagship and red beard runner (1 big, 2 small ships)

- Brickbeard bounty and (new) imperial flagship (and we had to wait pretty long before the IFS came)

as for POTC there already are the Black Pearl and the Queen Anne's Revenge, 2 big ships

at best there will come one more ship and that should be the Flying Dutchman ofcourse

The Black Pearl is NOT big. Two cannons? Come on! And they had to put the mizzen mast on the poop deck! The QAR is big, but I'd still like to see bigger, say, triple gun decked Endeavor?

Well, Lego managed to keep the Funhouse set under wraps until about 2 weeks before its release, so I believe that this year, if Lego wants us to know about a new theme, we'll know. If they don't, WE won't.

I agree, this is also usually the case with large exclusives, especially.

Maybe they can introduce in the unconfirmed Flying Dutchman set. I saw that Morey, the eel-like crewmember made an appearance in the DS-game. (It's the one that Barbossa decapitated.)

My link

I think he is as important as Maccus and Wyvern because he gets quite some screentime during the last battle scene in the third movie.

Edited by Cammo

If pirates comes back in 2014.

Timeline

2009 Pirates II

2010 Pirates II

2011 Pirates of the Caribbean (POTC)

2012 Pirates of the Caribbean POTC)

2013 Ninjago vs Pirates

2014 ????

The things unconfirmed are a second wave of POTC in 2012, Ninjago vs Pirates in 2013 and whether it would be Ninjago vs Pirates or a different theme called "Ninja vs Pirates".

Therefore perhaps in 2014 we could have Pirates III with Islanders returning and other classic Pirate LEGO sets. :shark:

If pirates comes back in 2014.

Timeline

2009 Pirates II

2010 Pirates II

2011 Pirates of the Caribbean (POTC)

2012 Pirates of the Caribbean POTC)

2013 Ninjago vs Pirates

2014 ????

The things unconfirmed are a second wave of POTC in 2012, Ninjago vs Pirates in 2013 and whether it would be Ninjago vs Pirates or a different theme called "Ninja vs Pirates".

Therefore perhaps in 2014 we could have Pirates III with Islanders returning and other classic Pirate LEGO sets. :shark:

That'd be really cool if that happened. I'd just be happy to have some kind of pirates sets on the shelf in any form. Except Duplo.

I think that for 2014 it's more probable for another wave of POTC if their license agreement is really for multiple years and a new movie is coming. Especially if there is no second wave in 2012!

That'd be really cool if that happened. I'd just be happy to have some kind of pirates sets on the shelf in any form. Except Duplo.

Thta Jack stone-like pirates weren't my thing either, pirates 4+ it was called I think, man I was dissapointed when that came out, waiting so long for pirates and then I was presented with that silly theme :pir_bawling:

Ninjago vs Pirates

I can't believe that hasn't occurred to me until now. I need to start buying pirate sets!

How stupid of me! *smacks forehead*

From Brickset:

Cars and Dino, no more sets on the way, Alien Conquest, Harry Potter and PotC 'exit' in July...

Interesting Cars and Dino are done but not a specific denial of possible sets for POTC and the other two themes, interesting. :pir-oh:

I think you may be interpreting this backwards. Cars and Dino are going to remain available at retail, but there will be no more sets released (so far). PotC, Alien Conquest and Harry Potter are going to be phased out at retail, starting in July, and go OOP.

I think you may be interpreting this backwards. Cars and Dino are going to remain available at retail, but there will be no more sets released (so far). PotC, Alien Conquest and Harry Potter are going to be phased out at retail, starting in July, and go OOP.

well the way it is typed it sounds like:

Cars and Dino, no more sets on the way,

comma separating the two statements

Alien Conquest, Harry Potter and PotC 'exit' in July...
Edited by Macoco

Yep this is how I see it as well and makes sense as well really that these lines are finishing.