Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Where is everywhere?

here but on other theme's threads. And a few other lego forums. I thought it would have done well. And well enough for a second wave but who knows.

Strangely, I've been reading everywhere that the line did pretty good :) Also a guy on our LUG forum said that the second wave is coming, but I'm really getting more and more sceptical every day - still no news, leaks nor rumors ...

Again, where is everywhere?

You guys keep saying everywhere like you have added every sales figure available?

Without links our numbers, your comments hold no validity, they are just an opinion.

Show me a statement from LEGO or sales figures and projections, otherwise we don't know how well the line did or didn't do.

here but on other theme's threads. And a few other lego forums. I thought it would have done well. And well enough for a second wave but who knows.

Show me. I think your just throwing out baseless facts.

I don't think that this has been posted yet, but I apologize if it has, however, it's news to me:

The Black Pearl is now available through Lego Shop.com!

Hope to pick up mine soon!

Edited by Cad Bane

Strangely, I've been reading everywhere that the line did pretty good :) Also a guy on our LUG forum said that the second wave is coming, but I'm really getting more and more sceptical every day - still no news, leaks nor rumors ...

Like I said like....30 pages ago or so, the guy at my LEGO Store said there'd be another wave. We may not have any leaks at this point because it's a SUMMER wave, not a January wave.

I don't think that this has been posted yet, but I apologize if it has, however, it's news to me:

The Black Pearl is not available through Lego Shop.com!

Hope to pick up mine soon!

I think you mean NOW available, anyway, I'm surprised they put it up with no images yet, I mean the set is ashley being sold in US Targets.

I mean the set is ashley being sold in US Targets.

Big Cam, I love your phone. :pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

I'm not sure whether there will be a new wave yet, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Big Cam, I love your phone. :pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

I'm not sure whether there will be a new wave yet, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh come on, I've been so good at proof reading my posts. "Already" "Ashley" they aren't even close. :laugh:

I think you mean NOW available, anyway, I'm surprised they put it up with no images yet, I mean the set is ashley being sold in US Targets.

Well now that is embarrassing.... :blush:

Actually, the pic is there in the zoom feature, but not in the image mode. So if you hover over it it'll zoom in on the right picture, but won't display the full size one. The thing is, this morning when I posted the link, there were multiple pictures with working zooms.... Not sure what happened....

EDIT: All pics are once again up, and Zoom works for all of them!

Edited by Cad Bane

the set is ashley being sold in US Targets.

Nice new title BTW... to be honest I first thought you had misspelled "actually" - like it was some new cool way to say it... :pir_laugh2:

Not sure if this is the place to discuss it, but Disney has a Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Sweepstakes that has Lego most of the prizes. There's some pretty cool prizes and it's free to enter. Here's the Link.

Also, I found this through This article on FBTB, so credit goes to them not me....

EDIT: Official Topic Here!

Edited by Cad Bane

After reading countless posts in the POC Black Pearl Thread about people in the U.S. Picking them up at Target stores I took it upon myself to call about 10 different Target stores. Of course none of them had the Black Pearl. Then I remembered when I lived about 20min south of me there was a SUPER TARGET Store. So I went ahead and called them. Told the Lady the number and she read it back to me. After work I went on down to the store and "voila" there she was in all her glory. They had about 6 boxes and 6 of the QAR. The QAR was tempting but I fell in love with the BP right away. Paid just under $110US(Illinois). Haven't had the chance to open it and build it I will leave that for after work tomorrow. I am going to take some pictures though to show the LEGOLAND guys at my work since they had told me it wasn't to be released until the 1st of November! It's been about 15yrs since my last ship I had and my Flood took care of most of the pieces. Can't wait to start building this thing.

ok no matter what you read think about this Logically. If the POTC failed then why would LEGO release something for a second round if it failed so badly?

Not sure if this is the place to discuss it, but Disney has a Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Sweepstakes that has Lego most of the prizes. There's some pretty cool prizes and it's free to enter. Here's the Link.

Also, I found this through This article on FBTB, so credit goes to them not me....

Why don't you make a new thread for this, it deserves it's own.

I'll let you make it since you brought it to our attention.

Looks like the Fairview Mall LEGO store (Toronto, Canada) will soon have the QAR on display. Saw an employee showing the finished set to a customer this past Saturday.

Have to admit...it looks good and is very tempting.

Also heard that LEGO released the Black Pearl early, because TRU and Target 'jumped the gun' and released it early, when they weren't supposed to.

hmmm... Really Lego offically released it. I will have to check the Lego store in my Mall to see if they carry it.

EDIT: 3:30pm I had a chance after my meeting to take a look at the LEGO store at my Mall. They now have the Black pearl for sale. I didn't ask why but I am sure it's because target jumping the gun. Just giving people a heads up at my Woodfield Mall(Schaumburg, IL) Location LEGO store they do have it.

Edited by AkumaMax

I really hope that there is a second wave of POTC coming. Love the sets and there so much potential for more.

Same. I hope they drag it out like they dragged out star wars. If they did that they would quickly cover all the major scenes and then have to move to the not so important settings, that way we get the Interceptor!

But yea I'm still hoping for at least one more wave. I love the pieces, minifigs, and ships that came with this theme

It would be nice to get a second wave of POTC. I would like the interceptor as well as a flying dutchman! Or better yet all of the pirate ships from At worlds end.

Since people are putting on all the stuff that are also not actual set projects, I've decided to put this on as a suggestion. Problem is though I don't have facebook nor any similar media to share it and the view count is very low. Supprot and feel free to share around and we might get noticed: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1580. Sorry in advance if there's something wrong with this ...

Anyone know when this will be available in Sweden/Scandinavia? Looked around in most of the major stores in gothenburg today without luck.

EDIT: This is about the black pearl

Edited by MikeHaggarKJ

It's not in available in Belgium either :pir-sceptic:

I contacted the toyshops to inform me about the date of release but none of them answered.

In case you are wonddering (I guess you are), the LEGO catalogue arrived at my house today and it says the BP is not available until 1st November. However I hear it's been cropping up in some shops.

:jollyroger:

The Pearl has been in my local Walmarts/Targets for about a week as well. And I live in Nebraska, the middle of the country with very little major metropolitan areas around, so odd that some major cities still aren't seeing them.

Does anyone know how well this theme has done financially? I'm really curious because I've been hearing things, and I don't know where the truth really lies.

I'm really worried this might turn into another Prince of Perisa fiasco.